IGNORED

Austin Gaming Expo Announced

Albert

AGELogo.gifThe first annual Austin Gaming Expo has been announced for July 26th, 2003 and will take place in Austin, Texas at the Marriott Austin North hotel. This event is the first of its kind for the state of Texas, and will feature a large number of vendors and exhibitors showcasing both classic and modern video games and consoles. For more information please visit the Austin Gaming Expo website.

I'll be there demoing off some prototypes. It's going to be a blast! I can't wait!

Ok so I can wait. But since I won't be at CGE this year (or ever again most likely) AGE will be my new main convention of the year. The wait is killing me!

Tempest

God I'm allways too young for the cool stuff...

Yeah that cuold get a bit creepy...

"Hey mom! I'm going to pile into a car with 3 strange guys and drive to Austin for a week"

"Ok, but make sure you pack a sweater!"

Seriously though, don't worry about it. The AGE will still be around in a few years.

Tempest

Macgurl and I are going to have a mudfight, and we are planning on fighting like mad crazy bitches, so if you want to see some of that, plan on coming to AGE.

:P :D

Fighting.

Mudfighting.

Like mad crazy bitches.

If you want something slightly cheaper but very Austin and cool, check out the Austin Motel:

http://www.austinmotel.com/

If you're wanting something cheaper than that and closer, there are a few Motel 6's along 35 that are fine.

If you're wanting something really cheap, you can stay at the Rio which is very close and I think it's less than $40 for a double. That's if you don't mind being behind a door that has obviously been kicked in a few times, leaking pipes, and a few holes in the wall. However, the TVs have the old connectors that work with the original Atari 2600 switch box.

-Paul

If you want something slightly cheaper but very Austin and cool, check out the Austin Motel:

If you're wanting something cheaper than that and closer, there are a few Motel 6's along 35 that are fine.

Sounds good Paul. My wife has an alumni card that entitles us to discounts on pre-reservations, so we'll probably call Austin Motel and see what rate we can get. If it's not that great, we'll consider Motel 6.

If you're wanting something really cheap, you can stay at the Rio which is very close and I think it's less than $40 for a double.  That's if you don't mind being behind a door that has obviously been kicked in a few times, leaking pipes, and a few holes in the wall.  However, the TVs have the old connectors that work with the original Atari 2600 switch box.

-Paul

Err, if I wanted leaking pipes and holes in the wall, I'd stay where I am right now instead of coming to Austin! :lol: I'm sure we can afford a couple of nights somewhere at a motel, but if we're really broke I might beg Albert to let us crash on his floor. :D

Guess this means I won't be expecting any of you in OK in September ehh? Seriously I knew about this event before finalizing mine. But I can actually host my show in OK cheaper than what coming down to Austin will run me for the day or so.

It would be cool to see you guys, but since I am hosting my OK show in September, I can't do both.

Maybe next year...

Have fun at the AGE and make sure to share all your stories and pics...etc..

8)

If you're wanting something really cheap, you can stay at the Rio which is very close and I think it's less than $40 for a double.  That's if you don't mind being behind a door that has obviously been kicked in a few times, leaking pipes, and a few holes in the wall.  However, the TVs have the old connectors that work with the original Atari 2600 switch box.

-Paul

And for the reallllllllllly on-the-cheap.... there is always the drivers seat of ones car in the parking lot... ouch!

Curt

Yeah! I'll be there in full force, wearing a cowboy hat and nothing else! Well, actually, I don't know about that - I don't want to get a sunburn. :P

I'm looking forward to the show. We'll have a Pixels Past booth set up showing off the latest PCB and other goodies (that will be done in time for the show!)

:D

Joe

Yeah! I'll be there in full force, wearing a cowboy hat and nothing else! Well, actually, I don't know about that - I don't want to get a sunburn.  :P  

I'm looking forward to the show. We'll have a Pixels Past booth set up showing off the latest PCB and other goodies (that will be done in time for the show!)

:D  

Joe

Sheeeez, JOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least wear your "I Eat Glue" Shirt, then people will at least understand...

;-)

Curt

Yeah! I'll be there in full force, wearing a cowboy hat and nothing else! Well, actually, I don't know about that - I don't want to get a sunburn.  :P

I'll make sure to bring a "SHIRT, SHOES AND PANTS REQUIRED" sign and post it conspicuously outside!!

..Al

Well, I know for sure I won't be able to come :(

I already have MWC and VGS to worry about.

If you guys have any flyers for the event let me know and I'll

put some on table at VGS (I don't know about MWC since thats dan L's baby)

Dan Iacovelli

(ps.I'll put a mention of AGE in the upcoming issue of the Atari zone fanzine)

Figures!

I live in this town and nothing ever cool happens (relativly) and on the VERY WEEKEND I move to nyc you guys do this to me.

Damn!

-Paul

And for the reallllllllllly on-the-cheap.... there is always the drivers seat of ones car in the parking lot... ouch!

Curt

Hmm, I thought the rio had been shut down??? I knew some kids who were squatting there

crack motels also include the TEXAN on north lamar

and we have hostels and B&b's all through town

Archived