IGNORED

Austin Gaming Expo Announced

Albert

Sheeezzz.....  maybe we should sign-up a Beef company to be a sponsor or a vendor at the show, have a Game Console and Steak Dinner at every Vendor Table :-)

Speaking of which, the Location page on the AGE site has been updated with a list of hotels and restaurants nearby. No Texas Land and Cattle immediately nearby, though. :)

..Al

Darn... I was hoping after the show, everyone would work up a good appetite and we'd form a hunting party and go out to a nearby ranch and rustle us up a nice "fresh" steak! ;-)

Curt

Speaking of which, the Location page on the AGE site has been updated with a list of hotels and restaurants nearby.  No Texas Land and Cattle immediately nearby, though. :)

..Al

Not immediately nearby, but not too far off either. I think the closest one is next to Lakeline Mall, which isn't TOO far from the Marriott. I think the food there would more than make up for the 15 minute drive. :D

Try to name any game initially released at any game con that wasn't purchasable by non-attendees afterwards.

Can you tell me where Combat II is being sold? I've been unsuccessful at getting one on Ebay.

I was actually referring to the "special edition" labels, and numbered versions of games that, yes, are sold later - not that everyone considers them collectable, but they are nonetheless. Sorry to interrupt the Austin discussion. Maybe this should continue elsewhere.

Eeep. Well, Combat II *was* available through Hozer for a looooong time after its initial release up until....you know. Hey Al! This might make for a good addition to the store!

Sorry for the thread hijack. Resume your conversations about gaming and.....meat. :D

Back to the steak thing...Tx Land & Cattle, IMO, has the best steaks. The closest one to the AGE site is about 15 minutes away.

If there's enough interest, we could do it Friday night and I can call and make a reservation (cause it's a bitch to get in there on Friday/Saturday nights). How many people are up for Friday night at the Steakhouse?

There is an Outback steakhouse very close to AGE, but you guys probably have those where you live.

Back to the steak thing...Tx Land & Cattle, IMO, has the best steaks.  The closest one to the AGE site is about 15 minutes away.

If there's enough interest, we could do it Friday night and I can call and make a reservation (cause it's a bitch to get in there on Friday/Saturday nights).  How many people are up for Friday night at the Steakhouse?

There is an Outback steakhouse very close to AGE, but you guys probably have those where you live.

Yeah, in fact there's one less than a few blocks from my apartment. It sounds like Tx Land & Cattle is the hot ish judging by most posts, so if you were going to make reservations for a group it would not have any problem filling up. I don't know if everybody's in agreeance though? I definitely want to end up whever the largest concentration of AAers is on Friday night, and hopefully it won't get split between two rival steakhouses. Now vegeterians wanting to go some place else, I understand, and I respect that - my hat's off to you. However, I'm thinking t-bone, mashed potatoes, and the only greens I want will be at the salad bar! :lol: So at this point, all the steakhouses named sound good enough to eat, so I'm looking at the "meet" more than the "meat." Is there a consensus on Tx L&C, or no?

I'm all for an AA gathering Friday night, although we need to be at the hotel later in the evening to start moving stuff in, and also to allow some of the arcade vendors to move machines in. So it has to be either before or after. Very probably before, say somewhere around 7pm. I don't know what time everyone is getting to Austin, though!

..Al

I'd happily purchase a Combat II for 2600 if AA made one available, on the site or at the show. :D

Okay, you guys are forcing me to tip my hand.. We have been working on Combat Two for a bit, and already have the label finished. We are currently redoing the entire manual from scratch, based loosely on the manual that Marc Oberhauser created for the initial release (with his blessing, of course). I've attached a picture of one of our carts.

..Al

combattwo.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have two questions here...

1) Most importantly - Is the steak run still on? Who'se all going and are we meeting up at the hotel if it's a go? (Out of towners staying at the marriot?)

2) Is there a "published" set of hours yet for the show?

I have two questions here...

1) Most importantly - Is the steak run still on?  Who'se all going and are we meeting up at the hotel if it's a go?  (Out of towners staying at the marriot?)

I hope so, although nobody's said where or when to meet for meat yet. The Mrs and I are staying at the Austin Motel, but we'll come wherever all the AA/AGE-ers are. :D

2) Is there a "published" set of hours yet for the show?

Don't honestly know. I'd have to go check the site and right now the only place I'm going is bed. ;)

I was just trying to debate wether it was worth staying over Saturday night or drive back to Dallas.

One thing to consider is that we've worked out arrangements with RPM Racing to give away many free races (door prizes, tournament prizes), as well as a free license for anyone who brings in their AGE Badge. I was just out there yesterday myself, and it's a blast! They are open until midnight on Saturday, and are very close to the hotel. So that's one thing to consider for Saturday evening. :)

..Al

Archived