IGNORED

Rush Sale: Custom AGS-101 GBA SP + Accessories

Skippy B. Coyote

Hey there guys and gals! :)

After a very financially taxing August with friends from out of state coming to visit, conventions, the state fair, and wedding anniversary all coming at once my budget for September is in pretty rough shape so I've decided to make a tough decision and sell my custom Game Boy Advance SP to make up the $93 that I've found myself short on the bills that are coming up on the 11th of this month. To give you a reference for my reliability as a buyer and seller, you can see all the feedback I've received from selling games and related accessories on eBay over the last half a dozen or so years here: http://www.ebay.com/usr/hanz0d0g You can also find my AtariAge Marketplace User Feedback thread here: http://atariage.com/...pic/254880-jin/

That said, here's what I have available for sale / trade:

Custom Purple / Pink / Blue AGS-101 Game Boy Advance SP with Carrying Case, Charger, Link Cable, & Headphone Adapter

ZTEjdal.jpg

I55z40C.jpg

hCd1OQP.jpg

9ti3e3W.jpg

zJmrgjf.jpg

GT85cww.jpg

B60xBom.jpg

Up for sale here is a custom built AGS-101 model Game Boy Advance SP. I started with a graphite colored AGS-101 model backlit Game Boy Advance SP then modified and upgraded it with the following parts:

- Unique Metallic Purple Housing

- AGS-101 model and caution stickers for underside of the housing

- New scratch-free screen protector

- Custom molded lavender D-Pad

- Custom molded hot pink A, B, L, & R buttons

- Custom molded blue Start, Select, and power switch buttons

- Custom molded purple backlight button

- Brand new 3.7v 600 mAh KMD battery (Manufactured 04/2016)

Whew! I think that about covers everything! The system works perfectly and is in flawless like-new condition aside from one small blemish on the hinge of the housing as shown in the last picture. There are no dead or stuck pixels on the screen and no dust or fingerprints under the screen protector either, since I was obsessively meticulous about making sure the inside of the screen was immaculately clean when I was putting it together and went through at least half a can of compressed air on it to make sure not a single dust particle got inside. The new KMD battery works fantastically as well and provides roughly 6 hours of battery life with the screen set to maximum brightness.

Also included with the system are:

- Pelican soft padded blue carrying case

- Intec compact blue headphone adapter (which is quite a rare GBA SP accessory I might add)

- Official Nintendo wall charger

- Game Boy Advance Link Cable

Asking Price: $99 PayPal'd and shipped to anywhere in the mainland United States (International shipping is available at additional cost)

Thank you for taking the time to view my listing and just shoot me a PM if you're interested in buying! :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 1

I was taking my lunchbreak when I noticed this auction and literally rushed back to the office before the afternoon half of the shift started. We're not supposed to use the office computers for personal stuff so I logged in and out as quickly as possible before my boss got back. I can read the forums with a bit of help from Google, but am unable to log into AA from my dumb flip phone.

Paid when I got home! The custom purple color sold me on it. It will look nice next to my translucent green DMG. I've always wanted an AGS-101 but all I had was the Classic NES Edition with the side lit screen I purchased bitd. Now I've got two sweet systems to choose from... :cool:

• Like 2

Wow, that was a nice system!

I remember being impressed with the first side-lit GBA, because compared to using a "Worm Light" on a Gameboy Color, it seemed great. But the AGS-101 was the first time I felt I really had and excellent, no-compromise display on a handheld console. I still love the console to this day, and I thought it sucked when they removed the GBA cartridge slot from the DS line.

• Like 1

Amazing how the case looks so f***ing real with the official looking labels and everything. Nintendo never made a purple SP to my knowledge but numerous other purple consoles over the years. I still want one of those "Galaxy" 3DS xLs... :cool:

Tracking shows it arriving sometime today. :thumbsup:

I am curious if the case is completely custom or professionally painted. The sticker and serial look completely legit so somebody did an excelent paint job and/or transplant.

It's not painted at all, the metallic purple color is actually the color the plastic was made in when it was molded. A factory in China making aftermarket GBA SP housings did a small production run of metallic purple ones 3 years or so ago and I snapped one up during the short time that they were available.

The stickers on the bottom are reproductions that I bought from http://www.nintendorepairhut.com :)

Edited by Jin
  • Like 1

I received it and it is beautiful. First time I've owned a GBA 101 and that screen is amazing! It's better than the DS even. I regret not unboxing it on camera but I'll post pics later this week here and in the feedback forum. Jin threw in some Pokemon minifigs at no additional cost which was a nice surprise.

I can't seem to locate my GBA 001 Classic NES edition or my GBA Everdrive or my Mother3 repro cart. I have a feeling they're together though. I have a burning desire to play Mother3 but I can't atm... :sad:

Prolly for the better. Alarm goes off at 6am and it's past my bedtime... :sleep:

I received it and it is beautiful. First time I've owned a GBA 101 and that screen is amazing! It's better than the DS even. I regret not unboxing it on camera but I'll post pics later this week here and in the feedback forum. Jin threw in some Pokemon minifigs at no additional cost which was a nice surprise.

I can't seem to locate my GBA 001 Classic NES edition or my GBA Everdrive or my Mother3 repro cart. I have a feeling they're together though. I have a burning desire to play Mother3 but I can't atm... :sad:

Prolly for the better. Alarm goes off at 6am and it's past my bedtime... :sleep:

NEVER owned a 101?! Tsk tsk tsk....they put all other GBs to absolute shame!

"Pokemon minifigs", eh?