IGNORED

Ninerpedia back in service

mizapf

Good news: Ninerpedia is back. (You did not notice that there were problems, did you?)

We had recurring problems with the hosting at HostRocket; the most severe one was that you could not submit a text where words like "LOAD" or "SELECT" were contained in capitals after a semicolon (like "Fixed several issues; LOAD interrupt now working properly") because the paranoid security settings suspected a SQL injection attack and returned a "403 Forbidden" response. You could retry three times before you were added to a blocklist. After they fixed this problem, it reappeared end of 2016 and remained unsolved.

So we moved the Ninerpedia service from 99er.net to my own server. At least for me, it is a lot more responsive now (my server actually has only little load), and I have full control over the web server, PHP/database setup, and MediaWiki maintenance.

On that occasion, since browsers started nagging about (unsecure) HTTP, I added HTTPS support (using a certificate from Let's Encrypt). You are automatically redirected to https; please report if this causes any trouble.

Also, I set up URL rewriting so that we get better looking URLs. This will break links in earlier postings that relied on the previous style.

• Like 8

aaand you probably aren't blacklisted like 99er.net is with virus/web protect software

Greg

Greg-

Are you getting blocked from my site? I just ran multiple checks to see if I was blacklisted, and I'm not. I also ran several checks on the site for viruses, but it was all negative. Please let me know what browser or antivirus is blocking 99er.net.

Thanks,

Rich

Greg-

Are you getting blocked from my site? I just ran multiple checks to see if I was blacklisted, and I'm not. I also ran several checks on the site for viruses, but it was all negative. Please let me know what browser or antivirus is blocking 99er.net.

Thanks,

Rich

I was, malwarebytes was blocking you but seems to be ok now. you must have gotten off the list :D

Greg