IGNORED

Help! Connecting SNES on Samsung HDTV

Skjalg

Hi!

I'm having a hard time hooking up my old SNES to my Samsung 55" HDTV. Graphics and sound looks/sounds crisp and the controls work fine, but the middle of the screen looks like a jigsaw puzzle gone awry. As seen on the pics, the Sim City logo is scrambled all over the page, and it looks as if several squares on the screen have "changed places". This happens to every game I start up (at least all the 20 games I have) and the results are the same with the original RF cable as with the "Multi out" connection using an AV cable (which is brand new). I've tried this on two HDTVs, but they're both Samsung 6 series HDTV, so the troubleshooting value was somewhat limited, I guess...

I've had no problems using the RF on previous flatscreens, last time I played was maybe 8-10 months ago and everything worked fine then (on a different TV, though). Does anyone know what the problem is here? Do I need another type of setup, or is the problem in the console? Or the TV?

Really looking forward to hearing from some of the more skilled and tech-savvy people in here. I'm at a loss.

post-61984-0-08591100-1505384875.png

post-61984-0-35530300-1505384876_thumb.jpg

post-61984-0-97865100-1505385121_thumb.jpg

Hi!

I'm having a hard time hooking up my old SNES to my Samsung 55" HDTV. Graphics and sound looks/sounds crisp and the controls work fine, but the middle of the screen looks like a jigsaw puzzle gone awry. As seen on the pics, the Sim City logo is scrambled all over the page, and it looks as if several squares on the screen have "changed places". This happens to every game I start up (at least all the 20 games I have) and the results are the same with the original RF cable as with the "Multi out" connection using an AV cable (which is brand new). I've tried this on two HDTVs, but they're both Samsung 6 series HDTV, so the troubleshooting value was somewhat limited, I guess...

I've had no problems using the RF on previous flatscreens, last time I played was maybe 8-10 months ago and everything worked fine then (on a different TV, though). Does anyone know what the problem is here? Do I need another type of setup, or is the problem in the console? Or the TV?

Really looking forward to hearing from some of the more skilled and tech-savvy people in here. I'm at a loss.

Where are located? Like is your tv NTSC?

From the pic you ether have a Super famicom or a PAL SNES.

PAL on NTSC can cause problems.