IGNORED

The Oregon Trail for TI-99: Continuation and Archive

TheTIGuy

Hello.

It has been quite a while since we basically abandoned the Oregon Trail page.

It is now buried with the rest of the 6-month old topics.

I have decided to continue the page, and include a version archive so you don't have to sort through those pages to search for your favourite version. This archive only consists of POST-v1.0 (the 1st working) VERSIONS.

1.x_________________________________________________________________________________

A programme 45 years in the making- The Oregon Trail for TI-99.txt 1.0

2.x_________________________________________________________________________________

N/A

3.x_________________________________________________________________________________ The Oregon Trail for TI-99 v3.11.txt 3.11

The Oregon Trail for TI-99 v3.9 (build31).txt 3.9

4.x_________________________________________________________________________________

The Oregon Trail for TI-99 v4.1.txt 4.1

The Oregon Trail for TI-99 v4.9 (Build28).txt 4.9

The Oregon Trail for TI-99 v4.9.1 (Build30-LO-MEM-VER).txt 4.9.1

5.x_______________________________________________________________________________ The Oregon Trail for TI-99 BUILD v5.00-BUILD 29 (USE WITH MEMOREY MODULE).txt 5.00

The Oregon Trail for TI-99 BUILD v5.10-BUILD 32 (USE WITH MEMOREY MODULE).txt 5.10

Please post your thoughts here.

ALSO, I have finished the first "Consumer"/"Finished" version! Here it is:

attachicon.gifOregon Bound (for TI-99 with mem mod) v1.txt

What does "Consumer"/"Finished" version mean? Other than a few extra print statements (lines 1-6 and lines 181 and 2111), it looks pretty much identical to the version I posted here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/268340-tho-oregon-trail-for-ti-994/?p=3822181

Also, what is meant by mem mod? As far as I know, TI BASIC is unable to access any add-on RAM. That was the main reason I cut out what I did from the original version of the game. Of course, if it's being run in TI Extended BASIC with add-on RAM, then I'd guess it would work.

Edited by majestyx

1 It is basically the version you posted but it should have graphics... I'm sorry if I didn't give you enough credit.

1 1/2 GAH I have been so bored recently but the code is very good in the first place.

1 3/4 wait I posted the wrong version sorry I will fix that

2 Extended Basic. That is how I would do graphics...

I fell like I am falling apart. =/

Well at least someone 'sides me an' Rev are here.

Edited by TheTIGuy

FWIW, there still are a couple of suggested optimizations from the original thread that you either haven't tried or figured out won't save any space or improve the game. At one moment I considered if I should spend an hour trying it myself, but I've got so many other things to do that I left it to someone else.

If you're doing it in Extended BASIC, doesn't it have other improvements so you could make considerable optimizations and improvements to the code?

Good luck either way you decide. Perhaps the interest in the TI community isn't that great? I saw that the upcoming Intellivision version has brought a lot of attention so in principle the game concept is going strong.

• Like 1

FWIW, there still are a couple of suggested optimizations from the original thread that you either haven't tried or figured out won't save any space or improve the game. At one moment I considered if I should spend an hour trying it myself, but I've got so many other things to do that I left it to someone else.

If you're doing it in Extended BASIC, doesn't it have other improvements so you could make considerable optimizations and improvements to the code?

Good luck either way you decide. Perhaps the interest in the TI community isn't that great? I saw that the upcoming Intellivision version has brought a lot of attention so in principle the game concept is going strong.

I implemented all optimisations fully in the memory-restricted version. This is the XB version. I could have sworn I added graphics...

• 1 year later...