IGNORED

Bonnie & Clyde Cartridge

pintopower

I have a cartridge labelled (badly) "Bonnie and Clyde". After a search, all I can find is this thread:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/97679-any-love-for-bank-heist/

So the cart came with the console when I t was picked up reconditioned at Atari in the mid to early 1980's at their Sunnyvale office according to my father in law who bought it. I have been relabeling all of the carts that I have since the labels look awful and considering I had to clean them all when I got them so the hole in the middle annoys me. Anyway, I was hoping someone knew more of this or knew what the art looked like. Oh and it is also missing its little door. I know it is a game called "Bank Heist" but that isn't what Atari labeled it. Anyway, I would love to hear more.

Thanks,

36514390703_00b7551562_b.jpg

37154651912_5d4b5daa4c_b.jpg

Looks like "Bonnie and Clyde" was one of the original titles for Bank Heist...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/252860-cops-n-robbers-bank-heist-prototype-found/?p=3516547

This was a 20th Century Fox game, by the way, so not one actually made by Atari.

Here's where you can see the Bank Heist art, if you're interested: http://atariage.com/software_page.php?SoftwareLabelID=1008

It's certainly possible you may have a prototype of the game. :) If you're ever able to compare the game play to a real Bank Heist cart, I know there's people on here that would be interested if you see any differences between your game and the one that was released.

What sdamon said. It looks like you might have a pre-release version. Then again, it could just be a copy someone at Atari made for their own use. Can you try and crack it open and see if the EPROMs have anything written on them?

Nah, it is a legit proto. Atari employees would have used a standard shell, not a U.S. Games shell.

What sdamon said. It looks like you might have a pre-release version. Then again, it could just be a copy someone at Atari made for their own use. Can you try and crack it open and see if the EPROMs have anything written on them?

Yeah I can try. I'm worried about messing up the label on this one but I can see if I can get a glimpse.

Nah, it is a legit proto. Atari employees would have used a standard shell, not a U.S. Games shell.

Oh...really? I need to ask where exactly at Atari and when my father-in-law bought it.

That's true. I wonder if it plays differently?

I will try it and compare.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been playing it but I can't seem to see a difference with the actual cart but maybe there is something I don't notice.

Probably not. I think they were using the B&C name right up until they were going to release it so it probably is complete.