IGNORED

Received the new Sean Kelly Vectrex Multi-Cart 3.0 today

Vectrexer

Received the new Sean Kelly 2017 Vectrex Multi-Cart 3.0 today. Below is some quick pic and a mini review.

Quality is excellent in every area.
Menu operation is perfect in both forward and backward directions.
Game selection and operation perfect.
The number of games titles is improved! With some titles you might not expect to see.
Multi-Cart Box rendition and quality is Perfect! Sean calls its a "KICK ASS BOX" and I totally agree with him.
Multi-Cart box cart holder tray insert is excellent!
Graphics on the front, back, and sides of the box provide an accurate feel of the original era Vectrex games box will provided a perfect match for the Sean's MultiCart. The the short history and production credits are wonderful to see as well.

Multi-Cart Box size is ever so slightly smaller than an original GCE box. But you would have to look very hard to notice the difference. The box fits correctly into a RetroProtection Vectrex box protector!

The Cartridge Holder Tray definitely does it's job well to hold the SK Multi-Cart in the box. The tray also does a great job in helping the Multi-Cart Box to keep a perfect shape. With the tray in the box just enough space remains to allow a one single Vectrex overlay with paper sleeve to fit inside the box too. The fit is tight, but it works. However, placing an overlay plus a manual inside the box in a traditional manner is not really be feasible because the fit will then be too tight. But there is an alternative. Place the manual inside the cart holder tray before inserting the holder into the box. Inside the cart holder tray is plenty of room for at least ten smaller CGE USA size format manuals. Or space for one, possibly two, larger MB Euro size format manuals.

Love the upgrade credit being offered for current owners of his Multi-Cart. Sure it's not as overly generous, to a fault, cost of the previous update price from the 1990's and early 2000's. But still very fair considering you are getting a new cart in the process. Very few other homebrew developers offer this kind of upgrade deal.

Overall I count this new boxed production of the Sean Kelly Multi-Cart 3.0 as a win and definitely a worthwhile value. If you have not gotten one yet, or have waited to upgrade your cart.

Visit the shared Google album picture link below. to see images inside and outside.

Google Album Link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Bva3M9Y2EezbqnEJ2

Visit "www.VectrexMulti.com" to get your own copy of the new cart.

post-5318-0-32634700-1506111012_thumb.jpg

post-5318-0-95017900-1506111015_thumb.jpg

post-5318-0-26071800-1506111023_thumb.jpg

post-5318-0-82671700-1506111028_thumb.jpg

post-5318-0-65986600-1506111048_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Received the new Sean Kelly 2017 Vectrex Multi-Cart 3.0 today. Below is some quick pic and a mini review.

Quality is excellent in every area.

Menu operation is perfect in both forward and backward directions.

Game selection and operation perfect.

The number of games titles is improved! With some titles you might not expect to see.

Multi-Cart Box rendition and quality is Perfect! Sean calls its a "KICK ASS BOX" and I totally agree with him.

Multi-Cart box cart holder tray insert is excellent!

Graphics on the front, back, and sides of the box provide an accurate feel of the original era Vectrex games box will provided a perfect match for the Sean's MultiCart. The the short history and production credits are wonderful to see as well.

Multi-Cart Box size is ever so slightly smaller than an original GCE box. But you would have to look very hard to notice the difference. The box fits correctly into a RetroProtection Vectrex box protector!

The Cartridge Holder Tray definitely does it's job well to hold the SK Multi-Cart in the box. The tray also does a great job in helping the Multi-Cart Box to keep a perfect shape. With the tray in the box just enough space remains to allow a one single Vectrex overlay with paper sleeve to fit inside the box too. The fit is tight, but it works. However, placing an overlay plus a manual inside the box in a traditional manner is not really be feasible because the fit will then be too tight. But there is an alternative. Place the manual inside the cart holder tray before inserting the holder into the box. Inside the cart holder tray is plenty of room for at least ten smaller CGE USA size format manuals. Or space for one, possibly two, larger MB Euro size format manuals.

Love the upgrade credit being offered for current owners of his Multi-Cart. Sure it's not as overly generous, to a fault, cost of the previous update price from the 1990's and early 2000's. But still very fair considering you are getting a new cart in the process. Very few other homebrew developers offer this kind of upgrade deal.

Overall I count this new boxed production of the Sean Kelly Multi-Cart 3.0 as a win and definitely a worthwhile value. If you have not gotten one yet, or have waited to upgrade your cart.

Visit the shared Google album picture link below. to see images inside and outside.

Google Album Link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Bva3M9Y2EezbqnEJ2

Visit "www.VectrexMulti.com" to get your own copy of the new cart.

Are you the vectrexer selling one of the new multi carts for almost 7000 dollars

• Like 1

Are you the vectrexer selling one of the new multi carts for almost 7000 dollars

That is my eBay Vectrex humor, yes. $ 6809 . :) Its the CPU model number price.

But if someone were foolish enough to offer that CPU price ,,,,, I would turn them down and point them to a real listing.

Edited by Vectrexer

Would love to get one of these, but the £35 postage (on ebay) plus the highly likely import duty kills it for me as it would push the cost beyond £100. I don't think her indoors would be best pleased. :(

I suspect it's because the listing uses GSP, hence the higher postage AND that import duty would be rolled into the costs as well. Order one direct through Sean's website here - http://www.vectrexmulti.com/order.html- which is cheaper, and ask him if he'd mark down the Customs value in the process :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...