IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Fall Knockout Tournament Round 1 - Venture

250px-COLECO_VISION_LOGO.svg.png

HIGH SCORE CLUB

Fall Knockout Tournament Round 1

1265.png2.jpg335.png

Game Information

Game Name: Venture

Released by: Arcade: Exidy 1981. CV: Coleco 1982.

CV HSC HIGH Score: First time playing Skill 2 in the CV HSC.

Settings: Skill 2

Manual: http://www.colecovisionzone.com/photos/game/manual/venture%20manual.pdf

Round Ends: Monday October 2nd at Noon

Rules are simple. Each week, the player with the lowest score is eliminated until one individual remains atop the carnage. Good Luck!

our-vision.JPG

Venture Scores

1)DuggerVideoGames 1,000,000 Record Setter :-o

2)jblenkle 338,800

3)Bmack36 303,500

4)ed1475 294,400

5)NCG 71,600 ELIMINATED

venture-1982.rom

Since the score rolls over to zeroes at a million points, let's just assign a million points for achieving a rollover. I paused the emulator to save a screenshot when I was about to roll over the score. After saving the screenshot, I resumed playing and took another screenshot after the rollover.

Venture [skill 2]: 1,000,000 pts

post-45996-0-04202500-1506369141_thumb.jpg

post-45996-0-13809000-1506369162_thumb.jpg

Holey Moley

Since the score rolls over to zeroes at a million points, let's just assign a million points for achieving a rollover. I paused the emulator to save a screenshot when I was about to roll over the score. After saving the screenshot, I resumed playing and took another screenshot after the rollover.

Venture [skill 2]: 1,000,000 pts

Holey moley, looks like you'll survive this round! Outstanding!

Jeez... OK 30 years ago my best was 158K on level 1 (just checked my computer PUNCH cards...)

Damn you younger players!!!

Level 2 will be harder - so (MOST) likely a lower score...

I told myself to play the games and just enjoy (who cares if you come in fourth (Umm LAST you idiot!) - every one remembers the person who finishes out of medal competition ;) )

Sigh

Jeff

PS OK but I'll try... this IS a fun group of players. (no promises - see below - most days I'm 'spent' after work and do no have time)

Now IF I can find time to play (have worked 42 of the last 43 days).

• Like 1

Rolled the score over on Skill 3 as well. I used to be able to roll the score over on Skill 4 but am having a lot of trouble doing so this time (if I get to level 9, I have it made; however, the dragon room on every 2nd level is a pain in the ass).

Fun fact for those of you who see others' screenshots: if the screenshots are outside where the hall monsters are, you can tell what skill level they played on.

Skill 1: 5 monsters

Skill 2: 6 monsters

Skill 3: 7 monsters

Skill 4: 8 monsters

• Like 1

Finally rolled over the score on Skill 4. Had to play for about an hour to do it because I kept getting game overs in the dragon room! If you're lucky enough to survive the dragon room and reach level 9 (thus never having to do the dragon room again), then you can do it. Paused emulator to save screenshot before rollover, saved the screenshot file, then resumed emulator to exit the room and get the rollover and take another screenshot after the rollover. As you will see, 8 hall monsters on the post-rollover screenshot to show that it's indeed Skill 4. Skills 1-3 for me? Easy. Skill 4? Pain in the ass and a lot of luck needed.

post-45996-0-60027300-1506492058_thumb.jpg

post-45996-0-19574600-1506492079_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

How on earth did you get such a high score by Level 9? I made it to Level 9, but had less than half what you did. I really have problems with the control on this game. It seems really sluggish and awkward.

Level 9 loops over and over again. Once you reach level 9, you never do the other levels again.