IGNORED

Portland Retro Gaming Expo (PRGE) October 20-22 2017

arcadeshopper

http://www.retrogamingexpo.com/

I will be there I have a booth every year, look for arcadeshopper.com :) will have systems, pboxes, software, manuals, books and whatever else I can box up and bring with me. If anyone has anything they want to sell they are welcome to consign with me either bring to the show OR get it to me in time for me to bring it with me..

Last year:

post-25598-0-70555400-1506276203_thumb.jpgpost-25598-0-85332100-1506276219_thumb.jpgpost-25598-0-19199400-1506276241_thumb.jpg

Greg

• Like 8

• 4 weeks later...

And Greg's John Birdwell award arived on time to be on display:

post-42954-0-89280800-1508644837_thumb.jpg

post-42954-0-24569700-1508644864_thumb.jpg

It was neat to see interest from a number of kids who have only seen this century.

Having a Raspberry PI connected to the TI just causes people to ask, or at least linger perplexed long enough to strike up some conversation.

Tursi' Dragon's Lair demo video rom drew a ton of attention... although the quote of the day had to be:

"Can we go daddy, that hurt's my eyes" from a 7-9'ish year old little girl as they watched the demo. LOL.

I'll be back tomorrow.

-M@

• Like 12

Not as deep on the retro computing as I'd like to see, but there is a local mixed retro computing group that was present, and I saw at vendors:

All the Atari 8-bit computer model

TI's at a few other booths

A vic-20

Atari Falcon 030

Atari ST

Apple 2

Odyssey

Sinclair

Some sort of classic mac from before they called them that...

CoCo

Focused on Retro-computing, the atari 8-bit has a strong enthusiast/vendor booth. And Greg's TI booth.

Other enthusiast booths are all on the 8-bit consoles, from what I saw... When I get home I'll post a video of Parsec on the Intellivision.

-M@

When I get home I'll post a video of Parsec on the Intellivision.

Thanks for posting that video. I had walked by the Intellivision booth before but it never occurred to me that Parsec was unusual until you mentioned it to me at Greg's booth. I didn't make it back there before the vendors area closed, because my Player 2 got addicted to Vs Balloon Fight in the arcade. Thanks also for allowing me to put Tilda on your system, I saw it in the photo above. :)

• Like 2

Tilda was fun for the visitors! There was a duo of little brothers that quickly turned it into a cooperative game since we had two atari/wico sticks intead a multibutton gamepad. They had never played zelda before but very quickly made there way through appropriate weapon selection and killing creatures.

That was fun to watch!

-M@

• Like 3

Thanks for posting that video. I had walked by the Intellivision booth before but it never occurred to me that Parsec was unusual until you mentioned it to me at Greg's booth. I didn't make it back there before the vendors area closed, because my Player 2 got addicted to Vs Balloon Fight in the arcade. Thanks also for allowing me to put Tilda on your system, I saw it in the photo above. icon_smile.gif

You are also welcome since that was my nintendo cocktail you were playing :D

Greg

• Like 1

Here's a few pics of Parsec for Intellivision, I collect for both systems so it was cool to see this,

I played it quite a bit, it feels very close to the original, publisher is BBWW (Blah Blah Woof Woof),

who have previously released one other title for Intellivision.

Parsec is still under development but is supposed to be available next January.

post-32869-0-39536300-1508808392_thumb.jpg

post-32869-0-34856900-1508808294_thumb.jpg

post-32869-0-36780800-1508808326_thumb.jpg

post-32869-0-73885500-1508808365_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

It was neat to see interest from a number of kids who have only seen this century.

I felt the same way at VCF-SE this year.

"Can we go daddy, that hurt's my eyes" from a 7-9'ish year old little girl as they watched the demo. LOL.

Good Lord, never put this girl in front of an Amiga with interlaced workbench on a CRT monitor!

• Like 2