IGNORED

Could one of you old timers explain Jaguar Sector 1/2's history to me?

Biff Burgertime

I've been fascinated with the Jaguar during the past year or so, reading whatever bits of info I can find. There are many interesting stories from developers struggling to make their games and a lot of "what if" scenarios with canceled games like Black Ice/White Noise. Every time I think I've read and seen it all, I find another piece of juicy info. I've been lurking these forums for many months but have only recently registered an account so I could comment on a uh, let's say dubious homebrew.

While I'm here, I might as well ask you guys something I've been wondering about for a while. What's the story with Jaguar Sector and Jaguar Sector II? What happened to them, and where did they go? I see them mentioned quite often while I"m reading stuff about the Jag. It seems like they provided and hosted a lot of cool stuff for the community. To give an example, I recall reading somewhere that Fight For Life's programmer eventually gave the game's finished code to the fans and it was released via Jaguar Sector II. Actually, I see Jaguar Sector II referenced more often than the first one.

If Jaguar Sector 1 and 2 were as significant to the Jaguar community as they sound when I see them referenced, how did they disappear and why?

Back around 2003 when the Thunderbird differences with AA caused him to leave he made periodic visits to Jaguar Interactive. This is a rather cool forum but not really up to date as far as its functions.

I then found another Atari forum I think it was a TAEX forum but memory has dimmed. Like all the other Atari forums it had different subforums for the LYNX, 2600 that sort of thing.

Each forum for the different machines was called a sector. Lynx Sector, 2600 sector Etc. I then showed it to Thunderbird and Jay Smith and the rest of us settled in to the Jaguar sector. This was the first Jaguar sector forum. after awhile the site administrators were changing the format into something else so Jay Smith then created in honor of that sector that we all hung out in an entire forum. Though it's sub forums dealt with all the different platforms its main focus was the Jaguar. And so he called the entire Forum site Jaguar sector 2. In honor of the small Jaguar subforum we just left that we were very fond of.

Due to the US Forum hosting policies and disputes with people who weren't very scrupulous Jaguar sector 2 after a decade or so was disbannned.

Edited by JagChris
  • Like 1

Back around 2003 when the Thunderbird differences with AA caused him to leave he made periodic visits to Jaguar Interactive. This is a rather cool forum but not really up to date as far as its functions.

I then found another Atari forum I think it was a TAEX forum but memory has dimmed. Like all the other Atari forums it had different subforums for the LYNX, 2600 that sort of thing.

Each forum for the different machines was called a sector. Lynx Sector, 2600 sector Etc. I then showed it to Thunderbird and Jay Smith and the rest of us settled in to the Jaguar sector. This was the first Jaguar sector forum. after awhile the site administrators were changing the format into something else so Jay Smith then created in honor of that sector that we all hung out in an entire forum. Though it's sub forums dealt with all the different platforms its main focus was the Jaguar. And so he called the entire Forum site Jaguar sector 2. In honor of the small Jaguar subforum we just left that we were very fond of.

Due to the US Forum hosting policies and disputes with people who weren't very scrupulous Jaguar sector 2 after a decade or so was disbannned.

Sometimes I wonder if English is your native language. Apparently your memory is also faulty.

Thunderbird didn't "leave" AA, he was outright banned from here. Yes, he and his followers initially settled over at Curt Vendel's form, but the flamewars rose up again there, which prompted Curt to restructure the forum. That's when Jay Smith created JSII, in order to give Thunderbird an opportunity to continue trolling the Jag community. Jaguar Interactive II predated all of the other forums, and it's where the Jag community as a whole typically congregated online before moving over here.

• Like 6

Sometimes I wonder if English is your native language. Apparently your memory is also faulty.

Thunderbird didn't "leave" AA, he was outright banned from here. Yes, he and his followers initially settled over at Curt Vendel's form, but the flamewars rose up again there, which prompted Curt to restructure the forum. That's when Jay Smith created JSII, in order to give Thunderbird an opportunity to continue trolling the Jag community. Jaguar Interactive II predated all of the other forums, and it's where the Jag community as a whole typically congregated online before moving over here.

My memory is fine. I was being diplomatic. And don't start another shitstorm. CPUWIZ will ban your ass from this thread.