IGNORED

Would like to get Another World 20th Anniversary Edition on Switch

Rick Dangerous

I have this game for too many systems to count, but loved the Wii U re-release of this. It seems like it would be an easy port and easy money for them.

I would love to be able to play this on the go on the nice big switch screen (yes I have it for 3DS.)

Who would be best to reach out to, on twitter or elsewhere about making this happen? I can't be the only one who would like to see this gem on switch?

Thanks

I skimmed that twitter. Did they waste time putting that on the WiiU? Meh. Probably could go to Switch if it did if anything just to have a chance to make some good sales. If I recall Eric Chahi was the maker of the old game and he has been pretty open over the decades allowing all sorts of projects with it including giving a blessing/help with an unofficial excellent AtariST port for the GBA. It's excellent on there if you haven't tried it. Foxysofts some french group put it out along with a few other ST games if you google it.

I skimmed that twitter. Did they waste time putting that on the WiiU? Meh. Probably could go to Switch if it did if anything just to have a chance to make some good sales. If I recall Eric Chahi was the maker of the old game and he has been pretty open over the decades allowing all sorts of projects with it including giving a blessing/help with an unofficial excellent AtariST port for the GBA. It's excellent on there if you haven't tried it. Foxysofts some french group put it out along with a few other ST games if you google it.

I'm sure it sold well enough on the Wii U that it at least made them some money... I enjoyed it greatly on the Wii U.

The GBA port is actually one of the few systems I haven't played it for...will have to look into that (couldn't find it on ebay was it part of a compilation?) I've played it through on probably a dozen systems or more (SNES, Genesis, 3DO, Jaguar, Mac, Atari ST, Sega CD, Wii U, 3DS, among others...)

I'm sure it sold well enough on the Wii U that it at least made them some money... I enjoyed it greatly on the Wii U.

The GBA port is actually one of the few systems I haven't played it for...will have to look into that (couldn't find it on ebay was it part of a compilation?) I've played it through on probably a dozen systems or more (SNES, Genesis, 3DO, Jaguar, Mac, Atari ST, Sega CD, Wii U, 3DS, among others...)

Nope -- as I said stand alone foxysofts

http://www.foxysofts.com/index.php?l=content/gba/anworld.inc

Been up there for 12 1/2 years and over on the left look for 'Airball' and you'll find a few others.

Nope -- as I said stand alone foxysofts

http://www.foxysofts.com/index.php?l=content/gba/anworld.inc

Been up there for 12 1/2 years and over on the left look for 'Airball' and you'll find a few others.

Sadly a dead URL. Will keep an eye out for it i'm sure it's up somewhere.

Cool now I need a GBA everdrive which i'm probably long overdue to purchase anyway..

Sadly a dead URL. Will keep an eye out for it i'm sure it's up somewhere.

Cool now I need a GBA everdrive which i'm probably long overdue to purchase anyway..

Yup I see that now. Paste Another World GBA V2.1 into google. It's a public domain rom that the maker was cool with so it's on pdroms, gbadev, etc. Easy to get fast still.

Or watch a longplay:

Edited by Tanooki