IGNORED

Jaguar prices in 2017...

Clint Thompson

...are disgusting. I'm honestly disappointed that both Best and B&C have stooped to such price gouging levels. It's appalling. I expect it on eBay but these two outlets? Man I miss Toad Computers!

I want to know who pays $900 for a Jagaur CD or even $450 for a like new console?

post-985-0-58873100-1506999327.png

Edited by Clint Thompson
  • Like 3

Best has the NIB consoles for $425, which all things considered isn't horrible. It's a free market, if nobody was paying those prices they wouldn't sell for that much. I don't see how it's gouging when they are the only places to buy new Jag consoles in 2017. Don't like it? Buy a new Jag console from another seller. Also, Best has had far below EBay prices for their systems and games (Jag and otherwise) for quite some time. They could've "gouged" years ago but offered a fair price instead.

• Like 1

I'm calling bullshit and artificial inflation. It started on eBay, Best followed suit and sure enough after a year B&C caught hip to the game.

Price gouging, period.

I have to disagree. Their prices have been rising steadily over the years. I purchased a NIB Jaguar console from Best three years ago and it cost somewhere around $245. That was considered expensive back then. Even well before that and ever since, the price has slowly crept up. It's not something that magically happened overnight. The prices have been rising steadily over the years.

Wait, what? What about the fumes? lol Just in another thread you tried having people defend paying anything for a new JagDuo like no target base exists and as almost insane sounding yet suddenly $425 is fair for a new base Jaguar? Not that it will ever happen so what choice do I have but pay full price at one of these fine, totally fair, non price gouging establishments.

Your name doesn't happen to start with a B does it... lol - but no, for real.

And for clairificarion, I have nothing against either Best or B&C, they've been around forever. I just feel the prices are out of control regardless. It has been for quite some time.

• Like 1

I have to disagree. Their prices have been rising steadily over the years. I purchased a NIB Jaguar console from Best three years ago and it cost somewhere around $245. That was considered expensive back then. Even well before that and ever since, the price has slowly crept up. It's not something that magically happened overnight. The prices have been rising steadily over the years.

It did happen overnight though. It went from $195 to $425 from one update to the next. Just like that.

Edited by Clint Thompson
  • Like 1

Wait, what? What about the fumes? lol Just in another thread you tried having people defend paying anything for a new JagDuo like no target base exists and as almost insane sounding yet suddenly $425 is fair for a new base Jaguar? Not that it will ever happen so what choice do I have but pay full price at one of these fine, totally fair, non price gouging establishments.

Here's the difference: The NIB Jags from Best actually exist. If one thinks they can release a JagDuo for the same price or lower, go for it. I'm sure that will absolutely be released. Without doubt. The 10-player Bomberman will certainly be the pack-in.

It did happen overnight though. It went from $195 to $425 from one update to the next. Just like that.

Nope, it didn't. Best's price has been slowly increasing. It didn't go from $195 to $425 overnight.

Nope, it didn't. Best's price has been slowly increasing. It didn't go from $195 to $425 overnight.

I'm referring to B&C, as shown in the first post. Just last month their prices were $195 and suddenly changed on 9/20 to $450 for a like-new system. Their brand new systems were $295 and now $725. I know because I've been considering getting one when it was $195 after I move but obviously that's all changed. If that's not overnight then you're right, I don't know what is.

I'm referring to B&C, as shown in the first post. Just last month their prices were $195 and suddenly changed on 9/20 to $450 for a like-new system. Their brand new systems were $295 and now $725. I know because I've been considering getting one when it was $195 after I move but obviously that's all changed. If that's not overnight then you're right, I don't know what is.

Except you use both companies as an examples. So are we whining about B&C, Best, or both?

Best's were just under $400 up through at least the middle of this past Summer.

I remember a number of years ago (circa 2002) when I was going to buy a NIB JagCD from B&C. They had the price listed at $99.95 on their website. I had to wait a few days for a paycheck to deposit, and when I called to order, the price had already increased by $100. Such goes the way of the Jag.

Doesn't their page mention that that only update it every so often and have to email to get current pricing? Maybe I am wrong, it was either Best/BC/MyAtari or whatever's page that hadn't been updated in a few years so likely they just finally updated their pricing on that .txt page I think but since the only way to order from them is by emailing they would probably tell you in an email that the price had changed since their last update.

Either way it's completely out of my range now. I will have to deal with my $29.99 NIB Jaguar I got in 1995, and then if I ever want to be able to play a CD game will have to get the SD cart for that.

Doesn't their page mention that that only update it every so often and have to email to get current pricing? Maybe I am wrong, it was either Best/BC/MyAtari or whatever's page that hadn't been updated in a few years so likely they just finally updated their pricing on that .txt page I think but since the only way to order from them is by emailing they would probably tell you in an email that the price had changed since their last update.

That was B&C which is the same as "myatari." The answer could've been found via search, but I'm sure you know that already.

That was B&C which is the same as "myatari." The answer could've been found via search, but I'm sure you know that already.

yep know that already, tho I don't think anyone else in the thread would have thought to be critical of the name so I named all the sites. Regardless, whatever page it was they don't update it too often so likely through emailing the site in order to order the Kag, then the seller would have let them know the current running price they have them for if different than the .txt page

You were responding to Austin who was discussing Best and you said it happened overnight, thus figured you were talking about Best.

As mentioned in this thread and others here, B&C's prices aren't always up to date on the website. He will regularly make up new excuses as to why (lost the password, there was a server crash, etc) but he's really just taking advantage of the market. Good on him if people are too stupid to understand that Best exists or to look at his EBay auctions which can be cheaper. I've even found better deals in his Amazon store. I remember he was asking $200 for Atari Karts on the site and it was much lower on Amazon.

Most retro stuff has jumped up the last few years, I think the Jag might be a little unique because so much NOS stuff exists some 20+ years later. Can you imagine if NOS N64s and Saturns were still floating around along with a large amount of the libraries being available NOS? The prices would be absolutely insane.

• Like 2

I've even found better deals in his Amazon store. I remember he was asking $200 for Atari Karts on the site and it was much lower on Amazon.

I've actually bought several Jaguar games NIB from Amazon to flesh out my collection in the last year or so (Fight for Life, Cybermorph, Sensible Soccer, Bubsy) and found the prices there to be pretty damn good in some cases.

Well... I paid $250 for a brand new CD player back in... I dunno... 1998 or 1999 I think? So with inflation, $700 doesn't seem that outrageous.

EDIT: Otherwise, if he sold a CD player now for $300, that was worth $250 back in 1998, he would have taken almost a 50% value loss, which is a losing business model.

Edited by 82-T/A

Well... I paid $250 for a brand new CD player back in... I dunno... 1998 or 1999 I think? So with inflation, $700 doesn't seem that outrageous.

EDIT: Otherwise, if he sold a CD player now for $300, that was worth $250 back in 1998, he would have taken almost a 50% value loss, which is a losing business model.

Pretty sure neither Best nor B&C paid retail prices when they bought out the Atari warehouses. Pennies on the dollar I'm sure.

• Like 2