IGNORED

Fundraising ideas...

opcode

After 2 years, Grazi finally had her immigration visa approved. She is now preparing to move to the US. I am trying to come up with some interesting ideas to help us offset some of the costs involved.

So for example, in case you need a ColecoVision programmer for hire, or would like a 100% exclusive ColecoVision game (or perhaps a very limited run), here is the chance. Suggestions would be very welcome. :)

Thanks!.

• Like 4

I have two MSX games I ported years ago, Boggy 84 (based on the obscure arcade game) and Cabbage Patch Kids (graphics are similar to the announced but never released CPK Super Game). In case someone would be interested...

How about an Atari age crowdfund for games voted on...?

People vote on games here on the forums and the one or two that get the most; get put up so people can pony up the money for those games?

Those people would be the investors in the group and would have the say so of what or how the game is made or choices in the game, assuming they are realistic?

I am not sure how much it would be to fund a game privately but I would imagine a group of people can fund it without too much trouble, assuming they can agree upon goals, etc.

I would like to see an obscure but fun / hard game like Boomer Rangr' made for the Coleco, that game lends itself to that system and has never been on a home console.

Here is a video of that game in case you have never heard of it.

I have two MSX games I ported years ago, Boggy 84 (based on the obscure arcade game) and Cabbage Patch Kids (graphics are similar to the announced but never released CPK Super Game). In case someone would be interested...

Sure!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much guys for all the ideas, we really appreciate your help. :love:

There were many different games suggested so we thought it was better to release the 2 games Ed mentioned, because they were already done and we want to make the whole thing of my immigration fast so I can go live to the US. Once I'm in the US I'll be able to help Ed with everything but programming, so I hope Opcode could run much faster. ;)

We sent a newsletter with SGM status and talking about the two games Cabbage Patch Kids and Boggy 84 and we had a much larger number of interested we imagined and we are soooo happy with it.

Thank you again guys, you are awesome!! Always supporting us, and specially now that my trip is involved, all this support means the world to me. :lust:

• Like 4

Congratulations on your recent visa approval. I saw this thread prior to the initial email to which I replied to only a few hours after it went out. But at this point unfortunately for me I don't think I made the cut unless more emails are to come. Personally I would prefer even more copies be made to satisfy everyone interested even if sacrificing some exclusivity as long as a 2nd run had alternate artwork or didn't happen at all. I guess the games themselves are the exclusive aspect of this event. But after being aware of this as early as possible and then getting left out is saddening. I guess these games are more like prizes in a contest as opposed to the normal releases. Such a large response means many are anxiously awaiting future releases and are more than willing to support team Opcode. Hopefully normal release production is able to keep up with growing fan base of customers. At the end of the day I'm 100% thankful for team Opcode, the SGM, and the games released so far that I've been able to add to my collection and enjoy.

Edited by rodge2001

Congratulations on your recent visa approval. I saw this thread prior to the initial email to which I replied to only a few hours after it went out. But at this point unfortunately for me I don't think I made the cut unless more emails are to come. Personally I would prefer even more copies be made to satisfy everyone interested even if sacrificing some exclusivity as long as a 2nd run had alternate artwork or didn't happen at all. I guess the games themselves are the exclusive aspect of this event. But after being aware of this as early as possible and then getting left out is saddening. I guess these games are more like prizes in a contest as opposed to the normal releases. Such a large response means many are anxiously awaiting future releases and are more than willing to support team Opcode. Hopefully normal release production is able to keep up with growing fan base of customers. At the end of the day I'm 100% thankful for team Opcode, the SGM, and the games released so far that I've been able to add to my collection and enjoy.

Hi!

Thank you! :D

I already sent the email regarding what decision we make and another email with the Paypal info for payment, did you not receive it?

Please inbox me with your email and I'll check it for you!

Just my take on these 2 releases.

Ed and Grazi were looking for a way to help them finance Grazi's trip to the US - period.

This can't be cheap I'm sure... (getting someone from Brazil to the US! - beam me up Scotty or just walk across the open border :-( )

You couldn't do a DKA release (too many people interested...) or similar.

So look for some 'obscure' MSX games and hope that 20 people respond to help with Grazi's expenses.

Damn - turned out great!!! Oops to great - Dam what to do - I think that what you choose was a good choice..)

Welcome to the US Grazi - I think most of us will speak in your favor.

Jeff

• Like 2

Just my take on these 2 releases.

Ed and Grazi were looking for a way to help them finance Grazi's trip to the US - period.

This can't be cheap I'm sure... (getting someone from Brazil to the US! - beam me up Scotty or just walk across the open border :-( )

You couldn't do a DKA release (too many people interested...) or similar.

So look for some 'obscure' MSX games and hope that 20 people respond to help with Grazi's expenses.

Damn - turned out great!!! Oops to great - Dam what to do - I think that what you choose was a good choice..)

Welcome to the US Grazi - I think most of us will speak in your favor.

Jeff

You are 100% right, Jeff!

DKA is an arcade port so it's much more complicated to do, so would not be reasonable to try to make it in such short time considering that i don't code, so this part is only with Ed, and the 2 MSX games were already finished.

Yes, it is VERY expensive, you can't imagine how much we already spent on this and will still do with the trip.

Thank you so much for your kind words, Jeff! *-----* I can't see the time to be there and go to game events to meet you guys! :grin: hahahaha really excited about it!

• 4 weeks later...

Yippee! Both games arrived today since I missed an earlier Saturday delivery attempt. I've been looking at the boxes all day at work and I'm so excited to go home soon and play them. Thanks so much. I hope the move stateside has been smooth thus far and that things are indeed settling into place. Please let us know, after SGM 4th run is complete, what's next for Opcode? Will new Color Line games be released? Some are hoping for additional copies of Bosconian to be made. Or will attention be turned towards regular releases next such as Lady Bug, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, or Maze of Galius? Or perhaps more progress is planned with the Opcode game console that I've read about. Or else the advanced SGM Pro that was discussed some time ago along with games like Kings Valley 2, Castlevania, etc. Or maybe something altogether new. Either way I can't wait for whatever it is you all have coming down the pipe.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Boggy 84 is fast becoming one of my favorite ColecoVision games. Here are some tips for anyone playing it...

1. Collect 7 keys in "correct" order for more points. Jump over keys to avoid them on Screen #1. Run underneath to avoid keys on Screen #2 and backtrack to grab the ones you need.

2. You can't go UP the slides but enemies CAN so watch out.

3. Only blue enemies can be stunned but while stunned they sure as shit can be knocked off screen by jumping into them from below for extra points.

4. Blue enemies can turn on a dime so be careful when following too closely behind them.

5. Jumping over blue enemies is risky because they can and often will backtrack causing you to lose a life by landing on them.

6. Blue enemies will sometimes pause their movement at times and wait for YOU to make a move.

7. Blue enemies move at different speeds. The darker one is faster than the lighter one.

8. Yellow enemies never stop their progressive movement. They go up or down any slide they encounter. On Screen #1 keeping them to your left is helpful. Jumping over them as they pass underneath you is just a matter of timing but watch out because again they will go up any slide they encounter causing you to jump into rather than over them.

9. Yellow enemies in boats on Screen #2 can be knocked off screen by jumping into them from below. Don't miss this opportunity to take them out or else you must jump over them which isn't always safe since they move at different speeds, can clump together, and/or can be under a non-stunned lethal blue enemy.

10. Watch out for yellow enemies near house at top of Screen #2. Anticipate them and jump forward for last key to avoid them should they spawn.

11. In later levels enemy movement speeds up so don't rely on outrunning them since they will eventually be able to quickly chase you down.

Edited by rodge2001
  • Like 3