IGNORED

For Sale: My Atari UNOCart Cartridge

atari65xenajm

Hello,

I purchased the UNO! cartridge from MacRorie two weeks ago, and I used it extremely lightly.

I am returning it because some of the ATR images I have did not work on it. MacRorie explained to me that the ATR functionality was to load a disk operating system. I needed a little more than just that, but came to know after the fact unfortunately. The rest of the functionalities provided by this cartridge are, without me having to say it, great nevertheless.

Any way: here is the listing to the cartridge: http://www.ebay.com/itm/253177139360

The shipping is free, and I am willing to sell this to the bidder who reaches $60.00 before the next two days are over. I provide free shipping.

What you will get is exactly what MacRorie would have shipped to you: the cartridge, a ziplock bag with the manual, and of course a priority mail small flat rate box.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Cartridge is sold. Thanks.

Edited by atari65xenajm

Hello,

I purchased the UNO! cartridge from MacRorie two weeks ago, and I used it extremely lightly.

I am returning it because some of the ATR images I have did not work on it. MacRorie explained to me that the ATR functionality was to load a disk operating system. I needed a little more than just that, but came to know after the fact unfortunately. The rest of the functionalities provided by this cartridge are, without me having to say it, great nevertheless.

Any way: here is the listing to the cartridge: http://www.ebay.com/itm/253177139360

The shipping is free, and I am willing to sell this to the bidder who reaches $60.00 before the next two days are over. I provide free shipping.

What you will get is exactly what MacRorie would have shipped to you: the cartridge, a ziplock bag with the manual, and of course a priority mail small flat rate box.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Cartridge is sold. Thanks.

Thanks for the ATR clarification.

• Like 1

ATR Files (64k and above XL/XE only)

The cartridge also has simple support for reading and writing to ATR (floppy disk image) files. It supports both SD (128 byte sector) and DD (256 byte sector) images. DD images must be standard ATR files, with 128 bytes for the first 3 sectors and no padding. The device supports ATR files up to 16 megabytes in size.

When an ATR file is selected from the menu, a modified version of the Atari operating system (OS), based on the Altirra open-source LLE kernel, is installed as a “soft” OS in the 16k RAM under the OS – this allows the Atari’s SIO requests to disk drive 1 (D1:) to be re-directed to the SD card in the cartridge.

The main use case for this feature is to allow you to boot a DOS formatted disk (e.g. DOS 2.5) and load and save BASIC programs to the disk. Note that the UnoCart cannot emulate a disk and cartridge at the same time.

In ATR mode, the LEDs on the cartridge indicate SIO reads (green) and writes (red) to the ATR file. Accesses to other disk drives (D2: upwards) are passed through to the SIO port as normal. This allows files to be copied between an ATR mounted on the cartridge (D1:) and other SIO devices (D2:+).

Hold down OPTION when you select the ATR file to disable BASIC. This is necessary for many games. MyPicoDOS ATRs (such as the 16 meg game compilations) will run, but SELECT should be pressed to disable high-speed SIO, and use the operating system SIO routines instead.

Important note – many ATRs will run correctly from the UnoCart. However, any programs that attempt to use the RAM under OS will not work, nor will any software that does not use the standard OS SIO calls.

The OS ROM is stored in the cartridge firmware, but an alternative UNO_OS.ROM file (16k) will be loaded and installed from the root directory of the SD card instead (if such a file is present).