IGNORED

Laura - needed levels for release on cassette

ccwrc

Do you know the Laura? If i do not invite you:
LINK - Laura - Atari 8-bit game

There' a little, coy project to make a cassette version of "Laura" (indeed, it's not a misprint -a version for collectors in the amount of 50 copies) for Atari 130XE or wicked computers with extra memory.

However...It's not supposed to be a version with standard levels but a version where at least some of the boards will be created by users (between 1 and 32). Each user whose board gets qualified will be mentioned on the inside of the cover and will have the priority to order and get the unique cassette to their collection on the shelf. What's more, after the purchase the user will get a file made for the emulator, so that you don't need to use the cassette for it :)
Ultimately, the file for the emulator will be available to everyone for free, but much later.

Boards created by users will be enter a "contest" (i do not know what to call it) and the best will be chosen by Mr Larek, the author himself. If only one board enters the contest, it will be won automatically by the user ;)

How to create levels?
use a programme called "Laura konstruktor". Instructions and the programme itself can be downloaded here:
LINK - Laura konstruktor manual
Translation - i will try to put tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.
LINK - install Laura konstruktor
LINK - Laura - description and system requirements
How to save the level when it's ready?
Laura Konstruktor has a button called „Zapis etapu jako…” (save level as...).

how to send the levels to the author?
Do not send them to the author by mail, his mail box will be full soon. Put them here (open-access folder):
LINK - levels to the contest
Icon "Dodaj plik".

how to save the boards on a server?
1. Create a folder titled username_forumName_levelNumber (level number if more than one board), eg. ccwrc_atarionline_1
LINK - model to be downloaded (just click green "pobierz")
Model/pattern it is also included in this topic.
2. Copy the level into the created file and (VERY IMPORTANT) completed file INFO.txt, which is in the model. In the file username_forumName_levelNumber.zip INFO.txt there should be approximate difficulty level and information on how to get to the next level (for future tests).
3. Zipped folder (.zip) should be sent here:
LINK - levels to the contest
click on the icon "Dodaj plik" and choose the file fom disc (or mail me: ccwrcltd[at]gmail.com).

When is the deadline?
Boards can be sent until 31.10.2017. (the date may change)

mini-FAQ
- problems? post here or in atarionline topic:
LINK - oryginal topic
- problem with upload file?
mail me: ccwrcltd[at]gmail.com
- the edition (if any) will be in English language.

• Like 2

Is it possible to edit topic in this forum instead of replying again?

Promised basic translation:

Laura konstruktor -> Laura construction kit

ETAPY -> LEVELS
OSTATNI -> LAST
ŚWIAT GRY -> THE WORLD GAME
zmiana nie wpływa na ustawienia kolorów -> the change does not affect the color settings

KOLORY -> COLORS
klucze -> keys
bomby -> bombs
maski i etap -> masks and level
energia i pkt. -> energy and points
grunt -> ground
twarz -> face
ubranie -> cloth
woda -> water
tło (ramka) -> background (frame)
panel -> panel
Ustaw standardowe kolory danego świata -> Set the standard colors of the current world
Blokuj kolory -> block colors

INFO -> INFORMATION
Czy jest Laura? -> Is Laura present?
Czy jest wyjście? -> Is there an exit?
Maski na ekranie -> Masks on the screen
Klucze -> Keys
Drzwi -> Door
Bomby -> Bombs
Pułapki -> Trap
Magiczny przedmiot -> Magical item

Czyść etap -> Clear the level

TEKST POWITANIA ETAPU (32 LITERY ORAZ ZNAKI: .,!,?) -> LEVEL GREETING TEXT (32 LETTERS AND SIGNS:.,!,?)
OPIS POMOCNICZY ETAPU -> (additional) DESCRIPTION OF THE STAGE (max. 64 characters, not included in game)

PPMyszki -> Right mouse button (Right mouse button configuration switch)
pipeta -> pipette
gumka -> eraser

BUFOR -> BUFFER (the currently selected bricks/blocks)

Bricks/blocks for creating game (graphic icons with hints):
NIC -> NOTHING
ZIEMIA -> EARTH (ground)
PUŁAPKA -> TRAP
ŚLAD -> TRACE (after Laura)
GLINIANE NACZYNIE -> CLAY VESSEL (container)
MUREK PIONOWY NIEZNISZCZALNY -> INDESTRUCTIBLE VERTICAL WALL
MUREK POZIOMY NIEZNISZCZALNY -> INDESTRUCTIBLE HORIZONTAL WALL
MUREK KRUCHY -> FRAGILE WALL (destructible)
ZAROŚLA -> THICKET
WYJŚCIE -> EXIT (one on level)
DRZWI -> DOOR
WODA -> WATER
KLUCZ -> KEY
BOMBA -> BOMB
SKRZYNIA -> BOX
FIOLKA Z ELIKSIREM -> VIAL WITH ELIXIR
BLOK -> BLOCK
PROMIENNIK -> FIERY SHOT
PROMIEŃ W LEWO -> LASER - TARGET LEFT
PROMIEŃ W PRAWO -> LASER - TARGET RIGHT
PROMIEŃ W GÓRĘ -> LASER - TARGET TOP
PROMIEŃ W DÓŁ -> LASER - TARGET BOTTOM
MASKA -> MASK
ODPALONA BOMBA -> BOMB WITH FIRE LIGHT
DUCH -> GHOST
STWOREK -> CREATURE
STWÓR W LEWO -> CREATURE DIRECTION LEFT
STWÓR W PRAWO -> CREATURE DIRECTION RIGHT
STRAŻNIK IDĄCY W DÓŁ -> GUARD DIRECTION BOTTOM
STRAŻNIK IDĄCY W GÓRĘ -> GUARD DIRECTION TOP
MONETA -> COIN
OGIEŃ -> FIRE
TROPICIEL IDĄCY W LEWO -> PATHFINDER DIRECTION LEFT
TROPICIEL IDĄCY W PRAWO -> PATHFINDER DIRECTION RIGHT
TROPICIEL IDĄCY W GÓRA -> PATHFINDER DIRECTION TOP
TROPICIEL IDĄCY W DÓŁ -> PATHFINDER DIRECTION BOTTOM
MIOTNIK -> SHOT
MIOTACZ -> LAUNCHER
PLUJKA -> ANOTHER LAUNCHER
BAGNO -> SWAMP
MAGICZNY PRZEDMIOT -> MAGICAL ITEM
MASZYNA -> MACHINE
POCHODNIA -> TORCH
LAURA -> MAIN CHARACTER IN THE GAME

80139f14a1f2d707.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity...

The Laura game is now distributed as a binary load file whose structure supports loading from modern disk drive replacement devices, but not from traditional DOSes (the game requires lot of memory).

Judging by the segment listing, the game switches the OS ROM off outside code executed through INIT vectors. This prevents loading using the C: device, because the C: device handler is in OS ROM.

How this problem will be solved? Are we looking forward to a special fancy tape loader (e.g. with block countdown), or a re-structured binary load file more friendly to loading from tape.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, since everyone looking busy...

Here is my unoffical English version of Laura Konstruktor translated with hex editor: http://qtz.toshiba-3.com/atari/laura/laura_konstruktor_en.7z

Here is my unofficial, but using official translations - Laura wyprawy language pack, still in development - TEST VERSION: http://qtz.toshiba-3.com/atari/laura/laura_konstruktor_language_pack_test.7zfor testing purpose only.

In this pack menus are not yet translated, also translators credits are missing (look included text file for details)

This pack will be updated and expanded soon (I hope).

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

@Devwebcl - I have downloaded your files from "Chomik". You have put wrong files. Level 1 is included only in test.xex (can be extracted), but Level 2 is missing completely.

To save your levels open it in Laura Constructor (select level you want to save) and press "Save level as..." button then enter filename which must start from "LETAP.", so for example "LETAP.1.DEVWEBCL.GREGORIO DREAM", the same with second one.

The competition is over, but I hope author will not disqualify your work if you send him proper files as soon as possible.

Cheers.

PS1: My packs are updated (Polish, English, German version are RC, when Russian require subtitle graphics).

PS2: Laura has won the "Kaz Kompo" competition for the best game of year 2016! :)

@Devwebcl - I have downloaded your files from "Chomik". You have put wrong files. Level 1 is included only in test.xex (can be extracted), but Level 2 is missing completely.

To save your levels open it in Laura Constructor (select level you want to save) and press "Save level as..." button then enter filename which must start from "LETAP.", so for example "LETAP.1.DEVWEBCL.GREGORIO DREAM", the same with second one.

The competition is over, but I hope author will not disqualify your work if you send him proper files as soon as possible.

Cheers.

PS1: My packs are updated (Polish, English, German version are RC, when Russian require subtitle graphics).

PS2: Laura has won the "Kaz Kompo" competition for the best game of year 2016! :)

Thanks for the heads up :)

Yes, I mistake about the files, however I contacted ccwrcltd thru email, and got the correct files finally.

• 8 months later...

Nine months after the end of the competition (in due time) a cassette version of Laura was born.

A version for stubborn and conservative collectors, titled "New Adventures of Laura":
- 16 brand new, weird levels (authors listed on the inside of the cover),
- a system of codes to each level,
- without intro, but on a casette that can be started after just 15 minutes (or later?),

- english language version,
- only 128kB RAM required , that is Atari 130XE :)

Orders to the following address:
zamowienia (at) retronics.eu
60zł (19$?) plus cost of delivery is enough to become the owner of the casette.
There's no need to hurry, there are about 20 casettes.

Cassette label:

https://images86.fotosik.pl/557/94f3f18fa6cf44ab.jpg

• Like 6

CharlieChaplin, your e-mail is bouncing back my posts. Please provide another e-mail, or PM me. I PMed you on atari.org.pl, no reply so far...

I rarely visit atari.org.pl, so no wonder I did not see that. Wrote a pm via AA instead...

Looks like the tape comes without dongle, without lenslok and without any other copy protection. Let's see if it can be transfered to disk (and loaded from there) easily... ;-)

Edited by CharlieChaplin

@Duddie: Yesterday I tried to login at atari.org.pl (polish atari-area) but could not remember my password. So today I asked for a new password and after that I could login again. The board said "last logged in 2011-09-29", so it is almost seven years since my last login there... ;-)

Went to the pulldown-menu for private messages and inbox - but there were no messages at all... ?!?

So, am I on the pre-order list for Laura on tape or was it already too late (and all tapes are already sold out) ?!?

• 1 year later...