IGNORED

Segabox

SignGuy81

Don't buy the Ataribox, there is a Segabox coming.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/segabox-gaming-console-system-game?c=activity

Acually I have no clue what is going on with this I was just doing a google search for Segabox and came across this, and now it has the message "SEGABOX - Gaming Console System" is currently being updated.

Please check back later and show your support."
but it would be interesting to see what is on there once it is updated.

Given Sega's loose attitude towards their past library on top of anything gray area to illegal that could likely work out. Given their rep with the ATGames handheld basically with the manual pointing you to download ROMS, set them as BIN files, and play whatever you like that kind of opens the door on this if it's real. It could be an all in one life of Sega system from SMS to DC if it has a disc drive on it. Strangely I could see some fun in having a device like that if it had the open endedness of the ROM loading handheld (or really the swiss army knife setup of the RetroFreak.)

SEGA ORBI

When I first stopped being a lurker at Sega 16 and finally joined the forum, there was some guy who was just losing his mind in regards to the alleged ORBI and posted about it constantly. Just a constant stream of misinformation. ORBI this, SEGA Ringedge that. "If I post the Ringedge specs enough, they'll magically become a console!"

I think he was the geek partially behind stirring people up about the Dreamcast 2 a while later, as well.

• Like 3

When I first stopped being a lurker at Sega 16 and finally joined the forum, there was some guy who was just losing his mind in regards to the alleged ORBI and posted about it constantly. Just a constant stream of misinformation. ORBI this, SEGA Ringedge that. "If I post the Ringedge specs enough, they'll magically become a console!"

I think he was the geek partially behind stirring people up about the Dreamcast 2 a while later, as well.

Haha yes I remember it all too well.

• 2 weeks later...