IGNORED

What Board Games Would Make Good 2600 Games?

hizzy

I'm a fan of the homebrew game Four-Play, and I recently tried the homebrew of Yahtzee, and this got me thinking about what other games would translate well to the Atari. One game that came to mind was Operation. If I remember right there is an Operation-esque level in M.A.S.H. Here are some other ideas:

Risk: Would Risk be possible on the 2600? I think I remember a version of Risk for the C64, but I can't remember if it was good.

Hex: This looks like it could be a fun game, and perhaps doable on the 2600: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hex_(board_game)

Tri-ominos: I have find memories of this as a kid. Have there been any domino games for the 2600?

Go: I picked this up from some Chinese friends. It looks like Othello, but it's different!

Stay Alive: Honestly, not sure how this would work, but I did love it when I was a kid, and i think the concept could make a decent game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d6Ex2Bzbos

Trouble: The pop-o-matic made this cool, but I'd play a video game of this :P

Any other ideas? :)

Hungry Hungry Hippos could be 4 platers with the paddles - and you wouldn't even need to read the paddle position. :-)

I'd think they would use a little creative license in a video game version. What about the hippo travels around looking for marbles, and there are all these pits he can fall into. Then he extends his head to get up out of the pit over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

I've even got some theme music picked out.

I wonder if a adaption of one of my favourite games would be possible. A two sided board with two players attempting to get their fleet from one side of the map to the other. Would have to rely on each player looking away from the screen when the other player moves his fleet though.

post-42993-0-97206900-1507666091_thumb.jpg

• Like 1