IGNORED

New Atari 2600 Games to Debut at 2017 Portland Retro Gaming Expo

Albert

I feel like an idiot. I never realized that Super Cobra was the sequel to Scramble. I always thought they just happened to be two very similar games. I love Scramble on the 2600 and cant wait to play Super Cobra Arcade!

It may not be a sequel canonically, but we made it into a sequel. ;)

Yes, and in a Parker Bros shell for the original release.

IIRC DK, DK Jr, and Mario Bros were all three Nintendo Arcade IPs but Donkey Kong was put out by Coleco (white shells) whereas Atari made Mario Bros in house.

Popeye was a Nintendo arcade game, but Parker Bros. released the 2600 version. Best guess is that Parker Bros. got the rights from King Features Syndicate, who own Popeye. Konami eventually put some of their own games out under their own label, too. Rights were bought and sold all over the place.

The weirdest one is that Atari made the arcade game for Star Wars, but since Parker Bros. had gotten the rights to publish the home video games for Star Wars, they put out the 2600 version of it. :roll:

Edited by Nathan Strum
  • Like 1

Any upcoming 7800 games?

Albert, is there other 2600 titles being released?

Also whatever happened to the Stacks? I was reminded of this fact when I saw a new movie trailer for Ready Player One when I went to see Blade Runner 2049. Unrelated, but I've got to go see the first movie now in order to understand what I watched. And Harrison Ford is old as dirt now, LOL!
  • Like 1

Has anyone ever thought of flashing "custom" cartridges on-site? Like when you buy a game, there is a spot on the title/attract screen for your name or a personal message.

The game would have to have a spot of memory available, the name/message entered into the source, and compiled on-site. Like this. You walk up to the vendor, and they ask if you would like your name or a custom message flashed. If so, they enter it into the source right there, compile it, and flash it. $20 bucks extra! OR free..