IGNORED

All of you!

Been posting similar to this in some of the sub boards but don't want to miss anyone!

Old School Gamer Magazine is looking for bloggers to write reviews on new and old games, write on memories, and other topics related.

Please check out https://www.oldschoolgamermagazine.com/advisory-board-staff-get-involved/

And if you aren't interested in being part of the team make sure to check us out at https://www.oldschoolgamermagazine.com/subscribe/and get issue #2 when it comes out in print (issue #1 is about to go into the mail for those that have already signed up)!

Hit me directly here or at rb@oldschoolgamermagazine.com if you have any questions!

Gaming isn't just about consoles and arcade machines, many of us games on computers, for me the 99-4a and then my Apple IIc and IIgs....

Old School Gamer Magazine is looking for bloggers to write reviews on new and old games, write on memories, and other topics related.

Please check out https://www.oldschoolgamermagazine.com/advisory-board-staff-get-involved/

And if you aren't interested in being part of the team make sure to check us out at https://www.oldschoolgamermagazine.com/subscribe/and get issue #2 when it comes out in print (issue #1 is about to go into the mail for those that have already signed up)!

Hit me directly here or at rb@oldschoolgamermagazine.com if you have any questions!

Good luck!

I notice you've been publishing a DJ magazine in print for 25 years, but stopped that in May 2016 and now only publish it digitally. You (?) were also doing a different magazine between 1999 and 2001, of which you have eight issues uploaded. In that context of being off publishing video game magazines for 16 years, it is brave to start a new gaming magazine in print. Our dear friend Mike Kennedy tried that for some time, but it was a downwards spiral as far as I can tell. Some veterans in the retro gaming business on this forum have more or less ruled out publishing a retro gaming magazine in the US as a profitable business, but hopefully you've sorted that out.

It is also interesting that you request any manufacturer who has goods that retail for less than $100 to give you free review copies. I don't know if that is custom in the business, but as long as you recruit help from others who already bought the items, you won't be limited to whichever products you can get for free.

Besides, I'm impressed that you got Billy Mitchell and Walter Day involved in the advisory board. I hope they're aware of that, so you're not just name dropping.

But again, best of luck to you!

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 1

Ok I'm simply sorry. People on Facebook groups I regular suggested I visit and had suggested I do such. I'm sorry it wasn't kosher what I did.

Concerning the other magazine that is listed on our magazines page with the material from 2009-2011, those are magazines that I have made arrangements/agreements with to put into our archives of similar magazines. We have made such arrangements with two other similar magazines and will be soon putting them online. So no I didn't publish gaming magazines and take a break

Concerning review copies of products ... that is traditional in these media situations both in the dj arena where we have all the experience and in the consumer electronics/software industries.

As to the advisory board yes they are contracted for such and are working with us. Plus if you look at our writers you will see a lot of other well established names.

Yes I'm very familiar with Mike Kennedys rise and fall within the industry and another person I met down in Austin I'd working on bringing back Retro under new management.

Ps I have also contacted management here about advertising.

Ps2 Our first issue goes online free digital as of tomorrow as it's about to ship print on Wednesday. We will have copies at Portland for everyone that wants one for those of you that want to meet in person

Dude. You have eleven posts on this board, and they're all variations on this ridiculous "need writers" theme. Common courtesy dictates that you at least buy us a drink before putting the moves on us. We don't know you.

Thank you for calling me on this. I've spent the last hour or so doing a lot of reading and some posting. I ran a chat board (and still host one) for about 15 years from 1995 to 2010 (now I just have moderators maintain it) and hated when people did what I did to this AtariAge community.

I should have spent the time getting to know people better, I had been intermittently reading but not posting ever since I set up an account many years ago... like I've seen on my site stats that a lot of people do.

Please I welcome talking to people on here or at a conference or on the phone... Skype or however. Please reach out to me.

Why should we reach out to you, when if we want reviews we can fire up youtube, or if we want to make reviews... again, youtube? Magazines were a consequence of an era where digital information distribution was simply not possible. Video games are an auditory and moving visual media. Magazines knew this, and in the 90's started distributing VHS tapes and later demo discs to make up for the shortfall of text/pictures.

I would have gladly traded EGM circa '92, for a medium that let you hear and see the games we were reading about. While I have nostalgia for the games, I certainly don't have nostalgia for the extremely limited way the information about said games was disseminated to us. If there's a new game coming out, I'm going to want to see and hear it. Not read and look at still pictures.

Someone above said it was like you showed up at all entry ways with roofing flyers. I think it's more like you showed up with fresh cut ice from the arctic on your wagon packed in sawdust. But we all have a fridge plugged into the mains. :?

• Like 2

Maybe a title that is less "spammy". (and that is coming from a fellow spammer haha)

How about: New retro game magazine is launching. Free digital copies!

But I was looking for writers that I would pay to write for us good content both for the site and the magazine. I was saving the promotional for the free digital magazine for the ads I was looking to run with AtariAge when they get back to me.

And asking strangers to push the wagon for you, too! :lolblue: Good luck!

But I was looking to pay writers for both online and feature level material for the magazine.

Many great magazines are still being published in print... they just have to find a niche that works that no one else can do better. We have some great ideas and concepts that we are working towards on such.

Take Nintendo Force that has taken the place of Nintendo Power as an unofficial version of the same thing. 3000+ subscribers and the largest publication from what I have heard on the Patreon system. If I can accomplish 1/3rd of that number as paid print subscribers I'll be happy.

I have removed 5 of the threads, if you post one more with this topic, I will disable your posting.

Thanks.

Understood CPUWiz. I was literally looking for writers in those exact categories and I have admitted my mistake above and thought those posts would stay.

I'd like your advice. How should I look for writers on these forums? I've been told this is an amazing resource that I should have visited a couple weeks ago.

I did receive 2 great applications for writers so far from the conversations here.

Ryan

If you had bothered to post something interesting (and not just gimme gimme type advertising) in the four years you've been registered here, you could put a link in your signature. It's possible that people would respond to that.

At least I would have, if I hadn't just blocked you for being so annoying and clueless. My block list only has one person on it. Congratulations! A WINNER IS YOU

• Like 1

1 post in a general section would have yielded the same results. But now we have this mess and this perspective. Just barging in with spammy sounding posts says a lot about the nature of the publication.

Why anyone in their right mind would give this guy an email or other contact info after this display is beyond me. I certainly don't call those "Make money from home!!!" signs I see stapled to street signs at intersections around town.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Been posting similar to this in some of the sub boards but don't want to miss anyone!

just got the magazine in the mail today! love it! ..really enjoyed the interview with the guy who wrote most of the Odyssey 2 games ..the one thing i would add to the magazine

is a review section wether it be reviews of classic games or new homebrew games for classic systems....great start tho!

Why should we reach out to you, when if we want reviews we can fire up youtube, or if we want to make reviews... again, youtube? Magazines were a consequence of an era where digital information distribution was simply not possible. Video games are an auditory and moving visual media. Magazines knew this, and in the 90's started distributing VHS tapes and later demo discs to make up for the shortfall of text/pictures.

I would have gladly traded EGM circa '92, for a medium that let you hear and see the games we were reading about. While I have nostalgia for the games, I certainly don't have nostalgia for the extremely limited way the information about said games was disseminated to us. If there's a new game coming out, I'm going to want to see and hear it. Not read and look at still pictures.

Someone above said it was like you showed up at all entry ways with roofing flyers. I think it's more like you showed up with fresh cut ice from the arctic on your wagon packed in sawdust. But we all have a fridge plugged into the mains. :?

dont speak for all of us

• Like 1