IGNORED

My newest Atari find on eBay

BIGHMW

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Jr-Mini-Rainbow-Game-System-Console-NEW-VINTAGE/253197633147?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I also plan to both get a Harmony Encore SD cart and also have my new unit a/v-modded having the RF RCA jack replaced with a 4-pole 3.5mm minijack with the a/v mod professionally installed, I just wondered where to send my new unit to get the mod done rather than do it myself. And of course I will supply the minijack and a/v mod kit. Better taking this route rather than butchering the side of it by having RCA jacks side-mounted (it looks kind of cheesy that route as opposed to the clean, sleek look the minijack would have).

• Like 1

I got mine for around $50 including shipping if I remember correctly. It even came with a bunch of games. I was going to mod it, but after seeing how good the picture quality is with just the RF, I decided not to worry about it. I still think it's just a myth that systems need to be modded to work with new TVs. Out of all the ones I've tried, they all accept RF just as well as AV. :)

I got mine for around $50 including shipping if I remember correctly. It even came with a bunch of games. I was going to mod it, but after seeing how good the picture quality is with just the RF, I decided not to worry about it. I still think it's just a myth that systems need to be modded to work with new TVs. Out of all the ones I've tried, they all accept RF just as well as AV. :)

I'll keep that in mind, you may have a very good point, I'll try it with just the RF and see what I think after that, you may have saved me some serious $$$

As for the price I paid for it, keep in mind that my first worry was the condition of the silver bezel itself, it had to be scratch-free, and with the short rainbow, those are few and far between, but it goes perfect with my 5200 (my newer one replacing my un-modded USA-made 4-port serial no. 141101), which BTW, is AV modded.

I'll keep that in mind, you may have a very good point, I'll try it with just the RF and see what I think after that, you may have saved me some serious $$$

As for the price I paid for it, keep in mind that my first worry was the condition of the silver bezel itself, it had to be scratch-free, and with the short rainbow, those are few and far between, but it goes perfect with my 5200 (my newer one replacing my un-modded USA-made 4-port serial no. 141101), which BTW, is AV modded.

Or you can always use an old VCR or DVD player as an RF to composite converter. It doesn't even have to play tapes/disks anymore as long as the power distribution works. I'm pretty sure this is why RF demodulators aren't more popular, all the old VCRs and DVDs already have them built in.

Or you can always use an old VCR or DVD player as an RF to composite converter. It doesn't even have to play tapes/disks anymore as long as the power distribution works. I'm pretty sure this is why RF demodulators aren't more popular, all the old VCRs and DVDs already have them built in.

My 39" (or my 19") Insignia TV will take RF because it has an antenna jack already, no need for the switchbox as I have done the direct route before with simply the RF hooked up to an RCA-to-75-ohm adapter and I have had success with it on my old TV (a mid-1990s Trinitron) but it should be fine with this one too (I hope).

My 39" (or my 19") Insignia TV will take RF because it has an antenna jack already, no need for the switchbox as I have done the direct route before with simply the RF hooked up to an RCA-to-75-ohm adapter and I have had success with it on my old TV (a mid-1990s Trinitron) but it should be fine with this one too (I hope).

Makes me think of my moms living room tv from, oh, 1980ish, that just died a few months ago. We struggle with going from RF cable consoles to something more modern, while with that TV she has to have an adapter to go from the antenna screws to the more modern coaxial cable RF on the VCR. Just interesting to think of the 2600 as advanced compared to its video interface.

My new-old-stock 2600 came in and boy is it gorgeous! I hooked up an RCA-to-75-ohm connector adapter and plugged the RF cable into it and it recognized it perfectly. It now proudly sits on top of the 5200 and the two look like they go hand-in-hand with each other, so BIg Sexy (the 5200) now has company. I changed my mind about getting it a/v modded, It even plays well with my 7800 sticks (CX-24) in which I prefer to use since they happen to have the same well-designed ergonomics as the CX-52 5200 controllers (with all gold-plated contacts from Best Electronics and well worth it!)

I tried out my Empire Strikes Back 2600 cart with it (it came with my failed-order 2600 Jr., due to a scuffed-up bezel) and it looked good. on my Insignia TV, even with the direct RF hookup. the $$$ I saved not getting it a/v-modded after all will be used to start my cart collection to go along with my soon-to-be shipped Harmony Encore. Thanks Atari, and thanks AtariAge!!! :) I already have the 2600 downloads from AtariMania ready to go (I hope they're not corrupted due to the site not being updated since 2015, as the copyright indicates) and will upload them to an SD card when Harmony Encore comes in.

I will post a few pics of the two going together, father and son (well, almost!). It's now a matter of getting some carts for it on eBay and also here, as when Albert gets back I will be ordering Pac-Man 4K as one of my first acquisitions. Or, better yet, I probably should make my order later on this week, and just wait it out until Albert gets back :) It will be well worth it.

It even plays well with my 7800 sticks (CX-24) in which I prefer to use since they happen to have the same well-designed ergonomics as the CX-52 5200 controllers...

Please tell me you are kidding about the ergonomics of the CX-24. They didn't earn the name "Painline" for their "great ergonomics". :roll:

My new-old-stock 2600 came in and boy is it gorgeous! I hooked up an RCA-to-75-ohm connector adapter and plugged the RF cable into it and it recognized it perfectly. It now proudly sits on top of the 5200 and the two look like they go hand-in-hand with each other, so BIg Sexy (the 5200) now has company. I changed my mind about getting it a/v modded, It even plays well with my 7800 sticks (CX-24) in which I prefer to use since they happen to have the same well-designed ergonomics as the CX-52 5200 controllers (with all gold-plated contacts from Best Electronics and well worth it!)

I tried out my Empire Strikes Back 2600 cart with it (it came with my failed-order 2600 Jr., due to a scuffed-up bezel) and it looked good. on my Insignia TV, even with the direct RF hookup. the $$$ I saved not getting it a/v-modded after all will be used to start my cart collection to go along with my soon-to-be shipped Harmony Encore. Thanks Atari, and thanks AtariAge!!! :) I already have the 2600 downloads from AtariMania ready to go (I hope they're not corrupted due to the site not being updated since 2015, as the copyright indicates) and will upload them to an SD card when Harmony Encore comes in.

I will post a few pics of the two going together, father and son (well, almost!). It's now a matter of getting some carts for it on eBay and also here, as when Albert gets back I will be ordering Pac-Man 4K as one of my first acquisitions. Or, better yet, I probably should make my order later on this week, and just wait it out until Albert gets back :) It will be well worth it.

Nice, waiting for the pics

• Like 1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Jr-Black-Console-System-Complete-CIB-Box-Tested-Works/322628650252?hash=item4b1e2a850c:g:oCoAAOSwNJ5ZgPdo

Yes 275 is a lot. But that is brand new compared with this. Box is beaten and its used. So for collecting sake its worth it. But don't mod it that is too expensive. Get another jr for modding sake and leave the new one alone.

• Like 1

Here they are!!! :)

I know I should've shot more but it would be too many for you guys, so I did about 3 or 4 of them

attachicon.gifIMG_0105.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0106.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0107.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0108.JPG

The only fault I see is that the box shows a long rainbow JR, and the actual item is a short rainbow JR.

How's the serial number on the JR compared with the sticker on the box serial?

The only fault I see is that the box shows a long rainbow JR, and the actual item is a short rainbow JR.

How's the serial number on the JR compared with the sticker on the box serial?

I've noticed that on a few ebay auctions. Curious if they just used what they had at that time between the red and silver boxes.

I've noticed that on a few ebay auctions. Curious if they just used what they had at that time between the red and silver boxes.

That could be so, I got a German 4-switch woody, which came in a 'Vader' box. Seller claimed that's how it was purchased late 80s. Paperwork looks ok.

Meanwhile I have seen more like this on German ebay.

normal_Atari_VCS_2600_woody_4_switch.jpg