IGNORED

A real life change of perspective

InsaneMultitasker

I have refrained from commenting because I have an overly large empathy gland and these things hit me hard even if I don't know you all that well, i know enough to be happy things are on the up and up and you're doing better. Please continue that trend. My feelings are selfish but my intentions are with you on the path to recovery.

• 2 years later...

With the Thanksgiving holiday right around the corner (for some of us) I am reminded of this community and how thankful I am for the many friendships.  Some of you have been curious and/or asked me questions about changes I've made regarding Myarc repair work, the selling of spare equipment, and the Heatwave announcement.  Here is a brief update on where things stand:

It was two years ago that I participated in a Heartwalk with many of you cheering me forward and since that time I encountered a few minor setbacks, went through a few rounds of medication changes (and ultimately eliminated most of them) and in July got back on track with my voluntary cardiac therapy.  In addition to the three weekly sessions, I have been slowly adding more cardio at a nearby gym.  I'm now exercising 30-45+ minutes nearly every day.  My goal is to improve enough so that next year if the rest of my body allows it, I can slowly work in some running time. 

For a historically sedentary computer guy like me, I find it fascinating how my perspective has changed. Running?  Not wanting to miss a cardio workout?  Wow.

I recently bought a watch with heartrate and pulsox monitoring to give me some data, and although it isn't 100% accurate, it is helping me to understand the trends and gives me feedback for incremental improvements. For example, since July my resting heart rate has dropped from the 80s to the 60s. At night, it now dips into the low 50s and teases the upper 40s.  Neat.

When I told my cardiologist about my progress he exclaimed, "great!  now do more!".  I dare not ask if he was kidding! :)Today I took a picture of my first time surpassing the 60 minute mark and exceeding 3 miles/5km. It felt good to hit that milestone and to discover that it was now possible.  Three years ago I barely made it 30 seconds.

I haven't yet sorted out my thoughts and feelings and desires for my involvement in the TI hobby realm.  I nibble here and there, dabbling with things that catch my fancy. Long programming sessions aren't in the cards for me right now, so my bigger projects are more or less on hold.  We'll see what the new year brings as I continue down this path.

image.thumb.png.3f5985a0ab994bdd1f244c69b58eae8f.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

I am so happy that you are showing that amazing progress.  Keep it up. 

(Your message is resonating here: I decided to get more active myself and bought my first new pair of ice skates in a few decades.

Gonna use the nearby arena family skate schedule for some careful relaxing exercise)

• Like 1

I hear ya with respect to turkey and all the fixin's.  We are entertaining family this week and my caloric intake is so far slightly *ahem* higher than what I'm able to expend!

Ice skating sounds fun to me but I'd probably find myself looking up at the stars more often than looking straight ahead :)  Get out there, relax, and have some fun doing it... great way to be active!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Ice skating sounds fun to me but I'd probably find myself looking up at the stars more often than looking straight ahead :)  Get out there, relax, and have some fun doing it... great way to be active!

Aw, don't think that way. When I go skating I spend an equal amount of time looking down at the ice as looking up at the stars. ;)

• Haha 3