IGNORED

Loco-Motion, Sparkie, and Juno First

davidcalgary29

I dont see anywhere in the original thread where he says he wont finish the game and release it. He said the protos were limited to five. Some guys after the fact trying to push for greater control and exclusivity to increase their games value then hypocritically referring to the sellers as greedy. It seems from the thread the majority of the buyers have the opposite opinion. If you are only buying a game based on conclusions youve jumped to that is your own problem. Anyway, he was very generous with his supplemental offer considering this.

• Like 1

I dont see anywhere in the original thread where he says he wont finish the game and release it. He said the protos were limited to five. Some guys after the fact trying to push for greater control and exclusivity to increase their games value then hypocritically referring to the sellers as greedy. It seems from the thread the majority of the buyers have the opposite opinion. If you are only buying a game based on conclusions youve jumped to that is your own problem. Anyway, he was very generous with his supplemental offer considering this.

I agree 100% with everything in this statement.

I'm one of the 5 who bought the prototypes and I fully expected (and really hoped) that those games would eventually get released to the masses for more people to enjoy. Juno First is a GREAT game and I will tell you that on more than one occasion I suggested to Eduardo that he release it to the public.

And you are absolutely right that he never said he wouldn't finish the game and release it. And if there are changes to the game, even minor ones, from the "prototype" to the "released version" then IMO both parties have every right to release it.

I'm very happy to see these games have a wider audience and I would absolutely buy prototypes again in the future, especially if I know those funds are being put towards helping the community as a whole.

tl;dr - I'm not a selfish asshole who is only looking to promote my own self-worth through my ColecoVision rarity collection. I'd like to see the games be offered to as many people as possible to help the community thrive.

• Like 3

I agree 100% with everything in this statement.

I'm one of the 5 who bought the prototypes and I fully expected (and really hoped) that those games would eventually get released to the masses for more people to enjoy. Juno First is a GREAT game and I will tell you that on more than one occasion I suggested to Eduardo that he release it to the public.

And you are absolutely right that he never said he wouldn't finish the game and release it. And if there are changes to the game, even minor ones, from the "prototype" to the "released version" then IMO both parties have every right to release it.

I'm very happy to see these games have a wider audience and I would absolutely buy prototypes again in the future, especially if I know those funds are being put towards helping the community as a whole.

tl;dr - I'm not a selfish asshole who is only looking to promote my own self-worth through my ColecoVision rarity collection. I'd like to see the games be offered to as many people as possible to help the community thrive.

Thanks. TPR. I recently spent north of $100 to assist a software developer and won't get anything in the material plane of existence in return for it, so to me this situation just seems whacked. I thank you and the folks who bought the protos from OpCode that made the 4th run of the SGM and the new games possible and I'm happy Grazi gets to be here in the States with Ed.

And then there is also Mitch...

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/271530-food-fight-proto/

• Like 3