IGNORED

5-color mode with almost no restrictions

fox

My first choice for games graphics would be maximum resolution you can have with 5 colours using so-called redefined character sets.

But also what you like to do - is also add lots of animation possibilities also - like reserving a certain number of characters in said character set - that are animated. 4-frame animation is enough for it to appear to be relatively smooth - while 8-frame is more for more complex animation - if you have such animations in mind - but most graphic designers as such - working on a project - probably would want to go for more animations with 4-frame animation as their choice to work in?.

I hope new games would want to add the parallax effect - if they are able to incorporate that? There can be various options how this could be done...

I don't know if more than 2 layers can be done? Presumably you could - if you use the 'Players'/PM for that usage (It would have to be a simple layer as such)- that is - if you could spare them for that use. Though they may be essential for their normal usage as such and can't be spared.

Harvey

• Like 1

abusing gtia in conjunction with abusing antic is the goal, :) though you will find ANTIC loves abuse..... still not sure how gtia feels about it after all these years :) GTIA will happily use the color data from any ANTIC mode/line. Many people only use it in conjunction with the black and white modes, but they don't have to...

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

1:02

"The Commodore engineers told us that the machine was not capable of doing it ..." :)

That is a whole different thing. Using the C64's hardware is just a matter of direct logical programming that wasn't developed back then.

I'm even happy, having Atari Blast! on the Atari. That thing is really an advantage to all "sprite based & scrolling" games, just using "more memory" ...

Careful there! One draws a 50 km circle from Nyireghyaza and every 10 kilometers means a different kitchen and different definition of what passes for goulash! Disagreement is considered grounds for family feud:)

Hell, there's a small region nearby that breeds dogs for gourmet goulash and sausages :)

Well, that one is not funny unfortunately.

Nem Taco! Igen csipos goulash :)

On the topic, I don't know the Antic so well but are you guys trying to double the horizontal res to 640 or am I totally off?

• Like 4

Careful there! One draws a 50 km circle from Nyireghyaza and every 10 kilometers means a different kitchen and different definition of what passes for goulash! Disagreement is considered grounds for family feud:)

Hell, there's a small region nearby that breeds dogs for gourmet goulash and sausages :)

Well, that one is not funny unfortunately.

Nem Taco! Igen csipos goulash :)

On the topic, I don't know the Antic so well but are you guys trying to double the horizontal res to 640 or am I totally off?

small world... you know Nyireghyaza?

because that's near the Ukraine border where we stay when visiting my wifes relatives....

• Like 2

small world... you know Nyireghyaza?

because that's near the Ukraine border where we stay when visiting my wifes relatives....

Yeah, there's 4 countries in that ~50 km radius, though for some reason I always avoided visiting Romania (I guess the stories!), but always made the effort of stopping by in Nyiregyhaza. How do you communicate there ? Did you learn some Hungarian ? That's a beast of a language (those ugrofins, man!)

Cool stuff - my wife is of Hungarian descent.

That begs the fundamental, life-altering question - does she cook like Hungarian or an American ?

It is about having 80 characters 4 bits wide each, so no higher pixel resolution, but easier usage of 5th colour.

I guess my confusion comes from using the word "easy". Looks like we all assign an extremely different meaning to it :)

Where do you guys get the details on Antic inner workings from ? Badline, Name fetch, char fetch ? Somebody released schematics / HDL ? That would be so awesome to read the whole source code to Antic! Potentially with some commented out features/bugs !

I can't tell you how exciting this thread is for me. The uncharted 6502 territory, in 2017, that's pure awesomeness!

• Like 2

That begs the fundamental, life-altering question - does she cook like Hungarian or an American ?

She was born and raised in America, her family came over a few hundred years ago so unfortunately, she cooks like an American. There are a select few recipes the family still has, one for a desert I cannot pronounce, and a particular type of sausage which was quite good.

• Like 1

Yeah, there's 4 countries in that ~50 km radius, though for some reason I always avoided visiting Romania (I guess the stories!), but always made the effort of stopping by in Nyiregyhaza. How do you communicate there ? Did you learn some Hungarian ? That's a beast of a language (those ugrofins, man!)

I guess my confusion comes from using the word "easy". Looks like we all assign an extremely different meaning to it :)

Where do you guys get the details on Antic inner workings from ? Badline, Name fetch, char fetch ? Somebody released schematics / HDL ? That would be so awesome to read the whole source code to Antic! Potentially with some commented out features/bugs !

I can't tell you how exciting this thread is for me. The uncharted 6502 territory, in 2017, that's pure awesomeness!

well... me knowing Magyuar language ;=) as my parents are from hungarian speaking aera in SFRJ... ;)

• Like 1

You must encourage obtaining and publishing recipes. Damn fine food comes from such things. The family secrets and flavours are no longer secret if they cease to be handed down and shared, they just disappear. That would be a shame for sure. The great Hungarian food recipe project is born!

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 3

You must encourage obtaining and publishing recipes. Damn fine food comes from such things. The family secrets and flavours are no longer secret if they cease to be handed down and shared, they just disappear. That would be a shame for sure. The great Hungarian food recipe project is born!

And as it seems, hungarian food makes impossible things possible ;)

• Like 1