IGNORED

Collecting goals and status for 2018

Keatah

What do you want to acquire? A C64 with working 1541 drive, or a C128 with working 1571 drive. I'm hoping to find a set at a reasonable price.

What do you want to sell off? i got rid of a lot of my TI carts, so i'm pretty good now.

Do you want to "right-size" your collection to fit a certain lifestyle? See above. :)

Do you want to get rid of excess doubles and triples? See above. :)

Do you want to sell recently purchased things that are not so cool now that you have them? Actually, I'm really good where I'm at (my main collection is TI 99 4A gear)

Is there 1 single magical and highly desirable piece you're hunting for? if not a NES Mini, see above- I'd really like to get my hands on a C64.

Do you have too much stuff to fully enjoy what you have today? I don't think so.

Quick update to my earlier post:

-I've ditched a bunch of spares and traded them in on a 3DS. It wasn't on my list earlier, but I wanted one. It was the right decision; I really like it so far. I still want some other consoles, but right now, it's a matter of enjoying what I currently have.

-I still have more spares to go through. I have a pile of OG Xboxes, a few PS2's and a horde of 2600 doubles and triples to unload.

-I reorganized my tiny game room, and have been able to enjoy "The Beast" (which is what I've been calling my collection) a lot more. I know where everything is now, and that makes a HUGE difference as opposed to fishing through bins of crap trying to find something. :lol:

One thing I've been waffling back and forth on is upgrading the TV situation in my game room. Right now, I have a 25" Samsung CRT with RF and Composite A/V inputs. It's not ideal, but it works. I also have a small 20" LG LCD 720p HDTV that's wall mounted above the CRT. In theory, this allows me to have my 360 hooked up with all the retro consoles. In practice, the TV is really small, and it's hard to see details (like text) in the games. The Mrs. has been talking about upgrading the living room TV lately to a larger 4K one. The current one is a 42" Panasonic 1080P plasma that I LOVE. I've had retro consoles hooked up to it before, and they actually look pretty good. If we get a new living room TV, that may find its way in the game room along with a 13" TV I have for light gun games.

• Like 1

What I want:

• Mostly accessories and addons for the sytem that I own, modern or classical.
  • Original version of assembler for the system that I own (Atari 8bits, C64/128 and TI99/4a). I know I can get disk image but I want the real deal :-)
  • Start coding!
  • Peace and goodwill to all men and women.
  • re-learn to draw. I used to be able to and I want to get back to it, just like I did with my old computer programming hobby.
  • A Framemeister to replace my cheap comp/s-vdeo -> VGA or -> HDMI gizmut that gives me crappy picture on all my LCD monitors.
  • Get back into electronics. I have a nice electronic workbench that I want to bring back to life. Maybe find a couple of kit that I could assemble for myself.

What I want to get rid off:

• Probably the Apple II Platinum. It's a nice machine with lot of expandabilities and available addons, but I grew up with the Atari and C64 and it feels a bit too alien to me. I know that the TI99/4a is also as alien to me, but I see that one as a challenge more than an annoyance. I always wanted one but could never afford it in its prime. By the time it was discounted I already moved to the Commodore and Atari computers.
  • I'll also sell off one of my PC, which is an Haswell based i5 that I replaced this year with a Ryzen 7 1700X. It's presently used as a file server for my retro computers and emulators. It will be replaced by a Laptop that I also own since I don't need a physical RS232 port as I now own USB device to transfer data to my Atari and C64/128.
  • My old CRT TV which still works great but takes way to much space.
  • My A1080 monitor which after about 30 years is way past it's retirement date.
  • My A1000. I think the Amiga emulator and FPGA solution are getting to the point that it can be replaced. I also don't get the same kick using the Amiga as I get from the C64 and Atari funny as it is. Maybe with a more upgradeable machine I would feel differently but frankly the A1000 is starting to be more trouble than it's worth.

Quick update to my earlier post:

-I've ditched a bunch of spares and traded them in on a 3DS. It wasn't on my list earlier, but I wanted one. It was the right decision; I really like it so far. I still want some other consoles, but right now, it's a matter of enjoying what I currently have.

-I still have more spares to go through. I have a pile of OG Xboxes, a few PS2's and a horde of 2600 doubles and triples to unload.

-I reorganized my tiny game room, and have been able to enjoy "The Beast" (which is what I've been calling my collection) a lot more. I know where everything is now, and that makes a HUGE difference as opposed to fishing through bins of crap trying to find something. :lol:

One thing I've been waffling back and forth on is upgrading the TV situation in my game room. Right now, I have a 25" Samsung CRT with RF and Composite A/V inputs. It's not ideal, but it works. I also have a small 20" LG LCD 720p HDTV that's wall mounted above the CRT. In theory, this allows me to have my 360 hooked up with all the retro consoles. In practice, the TV is really small, and it's hard to see details (like text) in the games. The Mrs. has been talking about upgrading the living room TV lately to a larger 4K one. The current one is a 42" Panasonic 1080P plasma that I LOVE. I've had retro consoles hooked up to it before, and they actually look pretty good. If we get a new living room TV, that may find its way in the game room along with a 13" TV I have for light gun games.

My 3DS probably sees the most use out of any of the consoles/computers I have at home. :)