IGNORED

(physical) Limited Run Games approved to make Switch games

Rev

Half the time I haven't heard of the title, and I look into it and find something kinda meh looking. Granted that's not their fault as they're just going for whatever they can get to publish out. Hopefully they can get around to more of the AA titles (not a mistype) that deserve physical copies!

Feel exactly the same way. I want releases of games like Worms and Yooka Laylee, or other AA titles.

98% of the stuff they put out I have very little interest in..

So I'm unsure who all checked it this morning, but it looks like the "mystery" item was just a re-release of Saturday Morning RPG.

They re-released PS4 and PSVita, but they also added a Switch version.

Not as big of announcement as I thought it'd be? Honestly, by the time I checked, they seemed to already be sold out of the PS4 and PSVita versions. :/

So I'm unsure who all checked it this morning, but it looks like the "mystery" item was just a re-release of Saturday Morning RPG.

Not as big of announcement as I thought it'd be? Honestly, by the time I checked, they seemed to already be sold out of the PS4 and PSVita versions. :/

People would flip out if this were true. They specifically said there would never be second runs.

No, they postponed the announcement until Monday with it going on sale Friday. Saturday Morning RPG had already been announced to go on sale the 25th of May.

Incorrect. The announcement won't be made until Monday, but all signs point to Pixeljunk Monsters 2. Saturday Morning RPG for Switch has always been scheduled to open preorders on the 25th.

Edited by bojay1997

Incorrect. The announcement won't be made until Monday, but all signs point to Pixeljunk Monsters 2. Saturday Morning RPG for Switch has always been scheduled to open preorders on the 25th.

No, they postponed the announcement until Monday with it going on sale Friday. Saturday Morning RPG had already been announced to go on sale the 25th of May.

Oh... My bad. >_<

Thanks for correcting me on this!

Also... Pixeljunk Monsters 2 doesn't seem like a big announcement? I know of the Pixeljunk "brand" I guess.

EDIT - I apologize again. I saw the second email and glossed past the message of postponement...

Edited by KeeperofLindblum

Saturday Morning RPG was one of their first releases, the PS4/Vita version have been out of stock for years.

The Switch release was announced awhile ago too- actually, as of right now all of their switch releases have been games previously available from them as PS4/Vita titles. Which is kind of disappointing, really.

PixelJunk Monsters 2 will be available for pre-order on Friday of this week. You have until June 1st to pre-order the game (not the collectors editions as usual)

I will be ordering it of course as well as Saturday Morning RPG. I have never played either of these games and they look cool. Yeah, I open my games and play them...Limited Run or not :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like they announced some great stuff at E3!!

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/06/limited_run_games_announces_eight_new_physical_game_releases_for_switch

I'd probably buy 3-4 of these.

Yooka-Laylay (Finally!)

Thumper

Golf Story

Night Trap

are the ones i'd be most interested in...and that survival horror game if it's any good.

• Like 1

So they're finally listing some proper AA material... I'll probably grab Golf Story if I don't miss the sale. :o

EDIT - Oceanhorn is another good release they brought up. It is actually pretty good and gave me a "Wind Waker" vibe when I played the demo. Considering they'll keep restocking it, I might have to get that as well.

Oceanhorn Pre-Order

They have an initial preorder that'll ship out within a month, but the next batch isn't available until later this year.

Edited by KeeperofLindblum

I've never bought anything from Limited Run before and I don't even own a Switch yet, but I will without a shadow of a doubt be camping out on their site to buy a physical copy of Dust: An Elysian Tail the second it is released. Even if I haven't gotten a Switch by the time it comes out I will be buying the game in advance and saving it for the day I do. I've been wanting to play Dust since 2012 and there's no way I'm missing out on the opportunity to score a physical copy of a game that I've wanted for so long and know that I'm going to love.

I'm glad they do a presell/preorder setup these days because how they started out seemed to just be as underhanded as those who do limited run illegal pushes of old prototypes on old consoles with a numbering system to it. Stuff went fast, then some hoarded, some sold fast on ebay for those who just missed out. In this case anyone wanting to play golf, a platformer, horror stuff, they can just line up.

For game only releases they give you two weeks to decide (or to gain funds), while it is the CE's that are truly limited and first come first serve. I only went for one CE (Saturday Morning RPG due to the cool carded figures!) but I go for physical game only for everything else. It's cheaper obviously than a CE, and I am just about getting the game physically...not generally all of the CE junk personally. And, two weeks to pay for the game is great and gives me time. If they keep it up this way it will not be hard at all to keep up with collecting the releases for the Switch.

• 2 months later...

Alright! Pre-Orders for Dust: An Elysian Tail on the Switch open up in 6 days! :D https://limitedrungames.com/products/limited-run-12-dust-an-elysian-tail-preorder

It feels weird buying a game for a system I don't own yet and have no idea when I'm going to be able to afford to buy, but I am pretty confident that one way or another I'll get a Switch someday and when that day comes I'll thank myself for having bought this game. :lol:

• Like 2

I wonder what the deal is with Yooka Laylee up at $50. That's going to be a hard sell outside of LRG collectors or those afraid of after market abuse after the fact. Dust is far more reasonably marked and looks good.

LRG games are always $10-$15 higher than digital. Everyone has to make money or whats the point? Its well worth it to me. Im down for one copy.

As someone who never played Yooka Laylee and was a big Banjo fan I am down for a copy. I know the reviews were mixed but I have seen play footage and it looks like something I can absolutely get in to. It is the highest priced LRG switch game (game, not CE mind you) yet....but at least they have upped the pre-order period from two weeks to an entire month on this one. So, you can place your order any time throughout the month of Sept...all the way to the 30th. That's cool. I'll have $50 by then :)

It's only that high because of the price of the digital download. I think digitally it is $39.99 or $34.99 currently (can't remember) so physically it is obviously more. Generally LRG physical titles are $15 more than the digital purchase. Makes sense since you are buying a physical thing with a cart, case, manual...

I don't recall I figured it was $30 by now as it had been out a long time, but if it's still at $40 a $50 price would fit. The game seems to every couple weeks to a month go on sale and they've been more and more deep lately into I think the 66-75% off range, somewhere in there. It makes it very very hard to justify it outside of collecting purposes. Given the sketchy reviews doesn't help it either, even reading through those who aren't fans of platformers and got stuck reviewing it to those who do enjoy the classic Rare Banjo style stuff were moaning too.

It's just a big question mark to me unfortunately and I've had it on my GoG wishlist since it got released. The funny thing is I didn't at all balk at Wonderboy as it is a solidly made treasure and with them now (same team) making Streets of Rage 4 I'll be over that on physical media when it undoubtedly appears too.