IGNORED

Stella 64 bit is the best Windows emulator for the ATARI 2600

HDTV1080P

I prefer the graphics and sound quality of the ColecoVision/ADAM videogames over the ATARI 2600 system. However I just recently played some classic ATARI 2600 videogames, and while the graphics are lower quality, some of the games are very fun to play. The ATARI 2600 had many fun games and that is why over 30 million ATARI 2600 system were sold. Space invaders, Asteroids, Missile Command, Outlaw, breakout, and many others are fun games that I played in the early 80’s. I did not like Pacman for the ATARI 2600, but Miss Pacman for the ATARI 2600 is much better and even enjoyable to play.

The Windows 64 bit version of Stella 5.0.2 is the best emulation for the ATARI 2600

I recently downloaded Stella-5.0.2-x64.exe for my desktop computer that is running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit SP1. Stella is a multi-platform Atari 2600 VCS emulator that appears to work perfectly on a computer running under the Windows 64 operating system. I so far have not seen one glitch or digital artifact. The picture and sound quality is so clear since I am using a HDMI output running a 3840 x 2160P desktop computer monitor. I have never seen ATARI 2600 games look so good. I am use to using the Coleco Expansion Module #1 with an ADAM computer that offers RF and composite video output. Stella also emulates the paddle controllers using an attached USB trackball. Using a trackball with Stella provided excellent results for paddle controller games. The ColecoVision/ADAM system had a roller controller for games like Slither, however the ATARI 2600 videogame system as far as I am aware did not have any games made in the 20th Century for the trackball, the trackball was only for simulating existing joystick games.

When it comes to ColecoVision/ADAM emulators, they sometimes have digital artifacts and bugs, and all the ColecoVision/ADAM emulators run in 32 bit mode and do not take advantage of the Windows 64 bit operating system. Stella 5.0.2. 64 bit edition is more stable and the best emulation program for the ATARI 2600. In addition, it is the best emulation program I have used so far; I wish we had this quality of emulation available for the ColecoVision/ADAM systems.

Edited by HDTV1080P
  • Like 1