IGNORED

Mattel Electronics Football/Baseball/Soccer -Keychain Handhelds

Rev

It looks like that licensing pitch is just for Intellivision and the related game images. The Mattel Electronics name and logo appear to be a separate item, which Intellivision Productions never used.

I wonder if Mattel still owns and licenses it and the handheld products. In any case, it's odd that the original logo isn't being used.

As for the future of Intellivision Productions, Intv Funhouse posted a link to this back in August. Any other news would be welcome, but sometimes the wheels of progress turn slowly.

Intellivision Productions should have the trademark on the running man graphics and the name Intellivision but nothing with the word "Mattel" in it could have left Mattel in 1984. Anything that Intellivision Inc and INTV Corp reproduced had to have the Mattel name removed. (eg boxes, instructions, overlays). And the same goes for Intellivision Productions who aquired the rights, and still has the rights to everything INTV Corp had.

According to the uspto trademark database, Mattel let the "Mattel Electronics" trademark expire. But nobody else can use it since nobody could make a toy or game or probably a computer with Mattel in the name without Mattel Inc permission. But you never know what some people try to get away with.

http://tmsearch.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4802:rxljn1.2.1

AccThe Mattel Electronics xs

Edit:

Even some of the artwork on the packaging might still be copyrighted to Mattel.

Edited by mr_me

• 4 years later...

Hello! Sorry I know this thread hasn't been updated in a while but I came into quite the collection of Mattel, Coleco, Tiger, etc. Handhelds and I was wondering what your input would be on these: They are a re-released from 2001 but I have boxes of them, Basketball, soccer, baseball, football. What is the value on something like this?

20220106_153943.jpg

20220106_154023.jpg

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LiveQM said:

Hello! Sorry I know this thread hasn't been updated in a while but I came into quite the collection of Mattel, Coleco, Tiger, etc. Handhelds and I was wondering what your input would be on these: They are a re-released from 2001 but I have boxes of them, Basketball, soccer, baseball, football. What is the value on something like this?

20220106_153943.jpg

20220106_154023.jpg

Not sure what the value is,but if you come up with a decent price,I would love to buy one of each!??