IGNORED

PSOne screen

I would like to have one that could work with other consoles. It has both male and female PS AV ports which leads to my question. Would it work if I used RCA female adapters on a PS cable and hooked another system's cable to the adapters?

*Crap. This may be in the wrong section. Please move if need be.*

Edited by SiberianSpForces

I know from my personal hunting earlier this year that the screen quality of the knockoffs don't come close to the Sony screen. It may cost a little more, but it has the best panel for brightness, visual quality, least blur, color/lighting discoloration too, and refresh. I'd almost argue just pay the extra so you don't get garbage if you care how it looks.

I know from my personal hunting earlier this year that the screen quality of the knockoffs don't come close to the Sony screen. It may cost a little more, but it has the best panel for brightness, visual quality, least blur, color/lighting discoloration too, and refresh. I'd almost argue just pay the extra so you don't get garbage if you care how it looks.

This has been my experience, as well. If I recall, the aftermarket was first to the market, and I had an "Intec" (or some other brand) and then when the actual Sony screen came out, I upgraded, and I was duly impressed. The little speakers on all of the screens leave something to be desired, but the Sony had markedly better quality sound, too.

One unique thing I noticed with the Sony panel vs a legit TV was that I could run the same PSX game side by side and it would have problems on a normal TV but not on the Sony made panel. It wasn't Sony's fault persay but a problem of the time as the systems were made for CRTs and used various tricks the CRT natively did to do certain stuff the stock TV LCD did not. A great one to highlight but not Sony is Rogue Squadron on the N64. Try any stage over land that is in an evening/night period. The game uses the CRT to do lighting effects so on a LCD there is no shadowy dusk and projected lighting from lights, it's just dark other than drawn on light spots on walls, buildings, and light poles -- you die, you just run into wall after wall. It's unplayable on a few stages and there are PS1 games that suffer this too I used to own, but on the Sony LCD they work. Another benefit is with the way the panel almost seems to soften some visuals a bit and also due to the smaller size some 3D games that look particularly jaggy or rough (I recall FF7 was obvious on this with characters and combat terrain) it looks notably nicer.

Nothing beats the Sony LCD as it cleans up games a little but also doesn't suffer all the same issues of using a normal LCD with those old games.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...