IGNORED

Drag and Drop Images?

Larry

Recently, I've been using RespeQt 4.x some, and it works fine for me -- even seems a bit faster than AspeQt. (?) But in mounting images, it does not appear possible to "drag and drop" images to the selected drive? I've tried several ways, but it does not seem to work.

-Larry

Hi Roy-

Thanks! Yes, If I place the source folder on top of the UI (in the drives section), the images drag and drop fine.

But if the source folder is off of the UI, the images can't be dragged/dropped. That seems odd. Can you (or anyone else) explain why it works that way? I can only relate to APE (which I use most often), and I can drag/drop from most anywhere to the APE UI. Maybe because APE is installed and RespeQt is not?

-Larry

Well, there must be something else involved or amiss. Sometimes that procedure works and sometimes it does not. If I am successful in DD one image to the UI, then 100% of the time I will be unable to DD a second image. So far, it looks like the most successful approach is to DD one image, then exit the app, and then re-open it and DD another image. That seems to work most of the time (but not always). BTW, I'm using XP SP3.

Didn't AspeQt have one release which was installed? I was thinking that there was no issue with DD on that one, but it's been awhile, so might be a "false memory."

-Larry

Edit: I dug out my older version of AspeQt which is installed and it has no issues with drag and drop. I think this issue is RespeQt only. Clarification: Aspeqt Preview 7 runs from a folder on the C; drive, but is not installed via the registry.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working with both AspeQt and RespeQt on this drag and drop issue. I'm puzzled by lack of responses that either it works or doesn't work for others here (save rdea6). And when I say works, I'd mean "bullet-proof" -- 10 times out of 10. Sometimes I must drag the same image multiple times before it will "stick." Mostly instead of the "+" symbol that means it will be added, I get the circle with the line through it, meaning it won't.

I've seen this same issue on both Win7 and XP. AspeQt works more often than RespeQt, but even it is not really reliable. Maybe I'm the only one that sees this? Maybe there are very few AspeQt/RespeQt users?

-Larry

I've been working with both AspeQt and RespeQt on this drag and drop issue. I'm puzzled by lack of responses that either it works or doesn't work for others here (save rdea6). And when I say works, I'd mean "bullet-proof" -- 10 times out of 10. Sometimes I must drag the same image multiple times before it will "stick." Mostly instead of the "+" symbol that means it will be added, I get the circle with the line through it, meaning it won't.

I've seen this same issue on both Win7 and XP. AspeQt works more often than RespeQt, but even it is not really reliable. Maybe I'm the only one that sees this? Maybe there are very few AspeQt/RespeQt users?

-Larry

I've seen it (RespeQt) with both Win10 and Linux (running on my RPi). It seems worse on the Pi, but I presumed that was just crappy/slow Qt code on a MUCH slower processor. I don't usually drag and drop though except to swap disk images between drive slots. That seems pretty reliable to me on either platform. For loading files into an empty slot, I usually just navigate through the normal UI elements to open disk image files or mount a directory folder.