IGNORED

Grail of the Gods - a Rogue-like game in compiled XB

majestyx

Hm yes. I was a bit surprised that nobody in the TI community had suggested adding colours, custom graphics, sounds or music to Majestyx' port. It is just like you guys like games as plain as possible, and even planning a cartridge release of the game in its purest, simplest form just like it was 1981 all over again. :P

I understand that Jim could not add much embellishments on the MC-10 (at least not using BASIC) but to me the TI-99 appears a much more competent platform, in particular with Extended BASIC.

• Like 1

So nice! I love your version with graphics and sound too... <3. Good job...

Need you the label for the cart? :P

Not any plans to publish it but you're free to make a label :)

Ridiculous.... just.... ridiculous.

You've got mad skills, my friend.

:grin:!

• Like 1

I think the idea was to keep it as close to traditional Roguelikes as possible, creating a truly old-school experience. As you can see if you look through other recent TI offerings, people are stretching the original hardware's capabilities and making some pretty innovative stuff. This was a project with a different, but no less valid, goal.

Your version looks great. Intellivision is the platform I know least about, probably, but I have a console (and an Aquarius) I've been meaning to spend more quality time with for some time now.

• Like 2

InfernalKeith hit the nail on the head. 8 years ago people were talking about making a game like this available on the TI, but no one did it:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/157876-roguelike/

So I used my limited experience and skills with TI XB (this is my second ever XB program) to come up with what I did, with thanks to the original Dark BASIC programmer and Jim Gerrie's port. I've included the full XB listing in my download of the game so people are free to play around with it / improve it / use it to come up with their own flavor of it if they'd like. I wasn't even the one who suggested making a cart of it, as I was just happy to have programmed the game and fill a long empty void in the TI-99 world. I'm making nothing off of it either, as I have no objection to arcadeshopper selling carts of it at his cost. I'm just flattered that people think enough of it to want a physical cartridge of the game.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...

I've found this nice game a couple of weeks ago. I think it deserves an enhanced version with graphics, sounds, joystick support and also a little trick to improve longevity...

It's coming in the next hours, ready to be played for Halloween! It will be available in cart format for FinalGROM, MAME/MESS and the MiSTer TI99 core. EA5 and XB+32K formats will be also available.

Hope you'll enjoy!

A little spoiler... ;-)

Game_00.jpg

• Like 6

3 hours ago, tmop69 said:

I've found this nice game a couple of weeks ago. I think it deserves an enhanced version with graphics, sounds, joystick support and also a little trick to improve longevity...

It's coming in the next hours, ready to be played for Halloween! It will be available in cart format for FinalGROM, MAME/MESS and the MiSTer TI99 core. EA5 and XB+32K formats will be also available.

Hope you'll enjoy!

A little spoiler... ;-)

Game_00.jpg

Now available to download at TI99IUC: http://www.ti99iuc.it/web/index.php?pageid=database_cerca&archivioid=294#.Xbylrm5FyUk

Happy Halloween! ?

• Like 9

• 9 months later...
On 11/2/2019 at 3:04 PM, arcadeshopper said:

I'm updating the cart I make with both versions. If you want to have your cart updated I will come up with a way to get that done

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Is there a cartridge image of this available for download? I'd like to finally mess around with it on my real TI with FinalGROM99. If you could provide a link to it here, I'd greatly appreciate it!