IGNORED

7800 High Score Cart

Mitch

Here are a couple scans from my recently acquired high score cart as well as a comparison with the earlier wire wrap version. The ROM dump is also different. Unfortunately the original EPROM cover is missing so the date and version are unknown.

If anyone else has one please post some pics. I know two more were sold recently.

Curt also has a pic of his high score cart on his website. http://www.atarimuseum.com/videogames/consoles/7800/hsc/hsc.html

Mitch

HighScoreCompare.jpg

FrontHighScore2.jpg

BackHighScore2.jpg

highscore.Bin

• Like 6

I think it was probably meant for testing not production due to the fact there are not any mounting holes and the top cart slot is mounted too low to allow a regular cart in a shell to work. The games work fine outside of the shell. Check out the pic of Curt's cart to see what I mean about the mounting holes.

I more curious about whether this ROM version is earlier or later than the one that is out there. That one was version 10.

Mitch

I think it was probably meant for testing not production due to the fact there are not any mounting holes and the top cart slot is mounted too low to allow a regular cart in a shell to work. The games work fine outside of the shell. Check out the pic of Curt's cart to see what I mean about the mounting holes.

I more curious about whether this ROM version is earlier or later than the one that is out there. That one was version 10.

Mitch

Yes, that was my point in the other thread, I am certain this was an addition to the devcart and not a prototype. Which is even cooler, if you ask me. And the one you have is a V2.0, far from a prototype.

• 2 months later...

Just curious if anyone happened to check the code and see what was changed between this version and the other HSC ROM dump?

Mitch

This would be really interesting, I hope these are only minor changes.

For Froggie I patched the generated DLL of the highscore table so that it looks fine on PAL devices.

Wonder if this also works with this ROM.