IGNORED

WTB : Atari 400 Basic computer program label variant.

Scooter83

Looking to purchase for the atari 400 basic computer program label variant. Let me know if you have one available or can help put me in touch with someone who has one avaliable .

I have the computing language version just need the computer program variant.

$25.00 Reward to the person who gets me one

Working on a lead now.

Still looking for variants of assembler editor.

There's one on ebay for $9.95 buy it now. You might just verify the label. Title says "computer language" but image of cart is "computer program" variant. He's sold multiple copies, so the photo might not be the one you get.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-Atari-Basic-Computer-Language-Cartridge-CXL4002/222706926610?hash=item33da5e0412:g:hAYAAOSwAaJZ~pwi

• Like 1

Working on a lead now.

Still looking for variants of assembler editor.

So you're looking for non-Atari made carts, the ones that the Atari distributors created with parts and chips?

Atari had, I believe, only a couple real labels (brown/silver). The rest, like Computer Program, were not Atari.

There are some sites that show incorrect information about the labels.

Same with Assembler Editor.

I picked one of the basic carts up. The seller has no communication skills whatsoever. I've sent a few messages but I figure with a return policy I'd play the lottery and see if I get the one in the picture (since asking didn't get me anywhere ). Worst case I return it. A friend tipped me to that one but kinda wished there was one on here to buy and know what I'm getting exactly. I paid the entry fee on the ebay one let's hope for the best.

Well in the launch press release assembler editor was listed as assembler debug. As with the wierd educational system (no master cartridge ) , how basic computer program came before the rename to basic computing language, life label made before video easel I'm thinking out there someplace is a assembler debug cart before the rename to assembler editor. I can't prove it but I have a gut feeling it's out there. Unsure about super bug cxl4006 but the assembler debug might be a thing. Doesn't hurt to look and hope it gets discovered.

That's some miss information there. You provide examples of actual Atari cart changes, and then mix it with distributor and project carts.

And there is nothing wrong with them, I have many of those, but just making sure that someone isn't stating they are legitimate Atari labels.

There are facts then "I wish these were real, therefore they are" :)

There are many posts on distributor labeled versions that some tried to pawn off as Atari produced labels.

Then there is the huge difference of a press release stating a different name than it was actually manufactured as.

That basic cart is worth maybe $3, so $10 seems high. Check with B&C or Best, as it's one of their labels.

And I have no idea what is meant by "As with the weird educational system (no master cartridge )", there was the master cartridge and the Doresett version (three label/case variations) of the same. There are floating around fake labels on those to. There is an AtariAge post that shows it's from Best.

And outside of real production labels, there could be prototype labels but those typically aren't made as printing doesn't make sense in the prototype phase.

What exactly are you looking for? I thought it was the Best cartridge labeled as 'BASIC COMPUTER PROGRAM' seen here (the actual picture)?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-Atari-Basic-Computer-Language-Cartridge-CXL4002/222706926610?hash=item33da5e0412:g:hAYAAOSwAaJZ~pwi

You refer to it as the 400's label variant. Why?

Ok now I'm on the same page that was the one I was talking about I sent you a picture in a provate mesage and thoughtyou meant the other one which I thought was a best repro label. It's a really brown cart with a brown label without the cxl number. But now I get which one your speaking of. I guess I'm looking for the best label variant. That just leaves me now wondering what the last one in the pic I sent you is. The basic cart without the part number. I think now starting to learn what is what when it comes to basic carts and labels.