IGNORED

I live with idiots

ricortes

This reminds me a long time ago I seen in a Nintendo Power magazine a Gameboy that was in a fire, partially melted, and still worked. I highly doubt there is any chance of that working though now.

That's at the museum upstairs at Nintendo World in NYC. It's from the Gulf War, and I took a pic of it an put it on my Instagram.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BTj81DnBhJ9/?taken-by=zaponline

• Like 2

I seriously don't know what the hell is wrong with some people. Ever since I was a kid, my philosophy was never to damage anyone's property, even if you're mad at them. It's not the stuff's fault. And if I ever piss anyone off and they feel they have to damage something, hit me instead and leave my stuff alone. I'll heal, my Atari won't.

Anyway, what caused this?

• Like 4

I don't know if "roommate" is code or not but if it is, please heed the advice etched on my great grandpappy's head stone - Don't put your dick in crazy.

That is totally going on my tomb stone.

Should we have a proper funeral for the 800XL? Was she stoned, drunk or pissed off at you? I am in a situation where I would like to move away from a psycho and am working on that, but at least she doesn't have access to my Ataris.

• Like 3

Did inventory, it was my preproduction Chelco 800XL. IIRC only difference between it and the thundering herd of XLs was the RAM layout and the aforementioned OS which identified as a 600XL. I'm strangely OK with it. Everyone around me is either going nuts or has dementia or Alzheimer's. She has several excuses like brain damage from a car accident that while not effecting her IQ kind of destroyed her judgement. I took the Mclaneinc route and explained to her computers are made with arsenic, cadmium, and lead. Got an 'Oh, so you shouldn't breathe the fumes from them.' I told her 'It would be better if you just stopped burning computers' and she seemed to agree.

• Like 3

Lemme just say: Unmedicated mental illness is not pretty.

Except it's much more dangerous, since one unexpected situation may result in inability to access the medications (which only mask the symptoms, not fix the underlying issue), and the individual might not be able to cope with the sudden scope of the full-on real emotions via their prefrontal cortex.

All I'm saying is it's better to be alert 100% of the time, than not be alert and then unexpected shit happens...

I don't know if "roommate" is code or not but if it is, please heed the advice etched on my great grandpappy's head stone - Don't put your dick in crazy.

Them's crazies're among the best, though ;)

As much as this situation hurts, still might be worth it :)

"Don't put your dick in crazy."

What about the heart ?

'It would be better if you just stopped burning computers'

:rolling:

Did inventory, it was my preproduction Chelco 800XL. IIRC only difference between it and the thundering herd of XLs was the RAM layout and the aforementioned OS which identified as a 600XL. I'm strangely OK with it. Everyone around me is either going nuts or has dementia or Alzheimer's. She has several excuses like brain damage from a car accident that while not effecting her IQ kind of destroyed her judgement. I took the Mclaneinc route and explained to her computers are made with arsenic, cadmium, and lead. Got an 'Oh, so you shouldn't breathe the fumes from them.' I told her 'It would be better if you just stopped burning computers' and she seemed to agree.

Hmmm

"It would be best if you stopped breathing!" Then choke her out.

• Like 1

Even if toxic fumes were perfectly healthy, that's besides the point. It was your computer. Your property. Would you be ok with it if it was your desktop/laptop? Your photo album if she was a little cold and there was no wood to burn? How about you're cell phone?

I'm strangely OK with it. Everyone around me is either going nuts or has dementia or Alzheimer's.

starting to think it's you, your OK with it, but everyone around you is wrong, 2+2 isnt equaling chair here (besides if it were me, wane brady's gonna have to choke a bitch)

• Like 2

I had an X that did that to my 400 while I was at work. I would have let her burn another one for the look on her face

when she came home and found a bunch of hooks and underwires beside the remains of the 400 in the fireplace.

Needless to say we were divorced shortly after that...

DavidMil

• Like 1