IGNORED

Brand New Atari Jaguar Pro Controllers- For Sale!

Starwander

MODS: Please feel free to delete this post for being off-topic, if you like.

I've never seen that before, but I LOL'd.

You guys are spot on! I totally forgot about the sound effects when the box opened in that scene of the movie. Yes we need this!

I believe if you look through the thread (it's long I know) that mortoffgames has posted that they don't respond to every email, but if they receive your email you are on the "pre-order list" such as it is.

And of course, you probably want to check this thread regularly for updates in the first post:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/271862-brand-new-atari-jaguar-pro-controllers-production-campagin/page-1?do=findComment&comment=3886294

• Like 1

I'm curious, will there be a possibility to buy one of the silicon button blocks for the keypad? I have my original controller that somehow has gotten a chunk taken out of one of the buttons...

Most certainly I will have 2000 extra pieces of these as the MOQ of these was much higher than any of the other parts.

• 3 weeks later...

Was just thinking about this; Seems the PowerPad (Gray one with blue buttons that was released for the STE/Falcon) was Revision 1, JagPad would be revision 2 (longer / thicker cable, color differences, directional pad is a little more rounded), and the Pro controller is really Revision 3 (new style of buttons, plus shoulder buttons and 3 more buttons up top, plus the numeral pad seems a little stiffer).

Rev 4 is this one, removing the Atari logo, right?

Was just thinking about this; Seems the PowerPad (Gray one with blue buttons that was released for the STE/Falcon) was Revision 1, JagPad would be revision 2 (longer / thicker cable, color differences, directional pad is a little more rounded), and the Pro controller is really Revision 3 (new style of buttons, plus shoulder buttons and 3 more buttons up top, plus the numeral pad seems a little stiffer).

Rev 4 is this one, removing the Atari logo, right?

Yes that would seem logical, great point

Edited by Starwander

How many extras are made? I didn't see this news until I was looking up a PS2-> Jaguar adapter in March. If I emailed in late March, am I still on the day 1 list, or are there not enough in back stock? I need to know, so I can either deal a real Atari Jaguar controller to Zophar321, or sell my genuine Atari Jaguar Pro controller on ebay before the release of the repros, while the price is still $150-250 and then save the money ad buy 2 for $120 + $5 shipping.

If i were to predict the ebay market, these controllers will bring the ebay prices down, and Atari brands will just be a little more than the repro controllers, just for the collectable Atari name on the controllers. And I could pick up a genuine Atari Jag Pro for cheaper.

How many extras are made? I didn't see this news until I was looking up a PS2-> Jaguar adapter in March. If I emailed in late March, am I still on the day 1 list, or are there not enough in back stock? I need to know, so I can either deal a real Atari Jaguar controller to Zophar321, or sell my genuine Atari Jaguar Pro controller on ebay before the release of the repros, while the price is still $150-250 and then save the money ad buy 2 for $120 + $5 shipping.

If i were to predict the ebay market, these controllers will bring the ebay prices down, and Atari brands will just be a little more than the repro controllers, just for the collectable Atari name on the controllers. And I could pick up a genuine Atari Jag Pro for cheaper.

This makes my head hurt. But I understand people want to work the market and make what money they can.

• Like 2

This makes my head hurt. But I understand people want to work the market and make what money they can.

Actually, the more I thought about it, there could be a chance if the Jaguar community thinks these controllers are bad that the genuine one will keep their value. But since I only need 1 Jag Pro controller to play any 2 player pro controller game anyway, and you don't need 3, the cool factor of owning one genuine Atari Jag Pro outweighs the extra bucks. Also, there might be a chance the Jaguar RePros are so close that the only difference is the Atari logo, that it might be better to hold onto the real thing, get 2 repros early, and sell one repro and hopefully get more than half price the 2 repro price for 1 repro before the market adjusts. I guess you have to factor how much you value the Atari name, and the genuine Atari make. If I sell 1 of the 2 repros early, I might get significantly more than $60 if it's one of the first ones. Plus I might regret selling my genuine JagPro, because in another 25 years the genuine ones may increase if these Repros proliferate. The drop in the genuine article my just have a temporary drop. And I don't want to try to feel the bottom of the genuine market.

But seriously, if you want to play the ebay market, sell a genuine Atari now, and buy a genuine one after the repros drop the price of the genuine ones, but before the genuine article is more sought out for the Atari name. The question is do you want to feel for the bottom. But seriously this will help fans buy the true Atari ones too with this temporary price drop that will come on with a certain percentage being "practical collectors" in terms of playing games, and not "value collectors" in terms of turning over the price.

I personally decided not to participate, just being glad I bought a genuine Jag Pro for $20-40 before 2005 and holding on to genuine Atariana. Feeling for the bottom takes too much work. Just shortly after the Jag RePros are released the price of Genuine Atari ones should drop, because now they are given a second option.

Finally, follow your own gut. I'm not getting paid for this advice, and I'm just spitballing. You should follow your own gut on this. If you think the Atari named ones will drop temporarily, then sell before the repros come out, and buy genuine shortly after.

I'm not because I know my JagPro works and don't want to get one with non-working buttons.

Actually, the more I thought about it, there could be a chance if the Jaguar community thinks these controllers are bad that the genuine one will keep their value. But since I only need 1 Jag Pro controller to play any 2 player pro controller game anyway, and you don't need 3, the cool factor of owning one genuine Atari Jag Pro outweighs the extra bucks. Also, there might be a chance the Jaguar RePros are so close that the only difference is the Atari logo, that it might be better to hold onto the real thing, get 2 repros early, and sell one repro and hopefully get more than half price the 2 repro price for 1 repro before the market adjusts. I guess you have to factor how much you value the Atari name, and the genuine Atari make. If I sell 1 of the 2 repros early, I might get significantly more than $60 if it's one of the first ones. Plus I might regret selling my genuine JagPro, because in another 25 years the genuine ones may increase if these Repros proliferate. The drop in the genuine article my just have a temporary drop. And I don't want to try to feel the bottom of the genuine market.

But seriously, if you want to play the ebay market, sell a genuine Atari now, and buy a genuine one after the repros drop the price of the genuine ones, but before the genuine article is more sought out for the Atari name. The question is do you want to feel for the bottom. But seriously this will help fans buy the true Atari ones too with this temporary price drop that will come on with a certain percentage being "practical collectors" in terms of playing games, and not "value collectors" in terms of turning over the price.

I personally decided not to participate, just being glad I bought a genuine Jag Pro for $20-40 before 2005 and holding on to genuine Atariana. Feeling for the bottom takes too much work. Just shortly after the Jag RePros are released the price of Genuine Atari ones should drop, because now they are given a second option.

Finally, follow your own gut. I'm not getting paid for this advice, and I'm just spitballing. You should follow your own gut on this. If you think the Atari named ones will drop temporarily, then sell before the repros come out, and buy genuine shortly after.

I'm not because I know my JagPro works and don't want to get one with non-working buttons.

Tell me more about "the cool factor of owning one genuine Atari Jag Pro" ...