IGNORED

Brand New Atari Jaguar Pro Controllers- For Sale!

Starwander

Hi, I am interested in getting one or maybe 2 of these reproduction pro controllers. Unfortunately I can't afford it at the moment. So my question is it too late to get one. And if not, how much more time would I have to save up for it? Thanks

Look in the first post in this thread for details.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/271862-brand-new-atari-jaguar-pro-controllers-production-campagin/page-1?do=findComment&comment=3886294

• What would be the price?
      • $60 per controller with a MOQ of 2 controllers at a time
    • Does the price include shipping?
      • In the US shipping should be $5.00 for two controllers. Outside the US a 1lb 4oz package [Each controller is 7ozs] would cost $21.14.
    • How do I order one?
      • Email Starwander@Comcast.net
Edited by ls650
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Good news guys!

Update from William:

Update 08-23-2018

Got revised controllers in the mail and they are exactly as I wanted. All the buttons work like the original and they are very sturdy. I told them to start mass production and will have an ETA shortly of when these will be arriving hopefully.

• Like 14

Good news guys!

Update from William:

Update 08-23-2018

Got revised controllers in the mail and they are exactly as I wanted. All the buttons work like the original and they are very sturdy. I told them to start mass production and will have an ETA shortly of when these will be arriving hopefully.

Awesome! I best get my funds ready then for the 2 minimum I ordered at the beginning of this campaign!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a limited budget. I'm on Social Security Disability, so a $70 cellular internet device and a $60 cell phone ties up my money until October 1st. I just hope they don't sell out by then. If I had a job, then I'd have $125 reserved for it. But My internet speed is 1.5 Mb/s in 400 kb/s out, an inexcusable amount of speed these days. I need an upgrade.

Well the internet thing I was going to buy turned out to be a rip-off. Limited high-speed data and automatic drop-down to 3x dial-up speed is not good. Also a second thing I was buying is currently a "not yet" status, so if the Jag-Pro Re-Pro controllers came out in September, I can afford to buy a pair. I'm already on the reserve list.

I already have one Atari Brnad Jag pro I picked up for $40 before the price explosion on ebay. The minimum I can buy in this offer is 2. If I take advantage of it, I'll have 3 controllers.

I just want to check my facts on this. Is having a third Jaguar Pro controller kind of like being Blinky the Fish with HIS third eye, or Matt Sydel with HIS third eye? In other words, is there any practical use for a 3rd Jag-Pro controller?

Should I assume there are 3+ player games that use the Team Tap? If I remember right, there are 2 games that use it, White Men Can't Jump and NBA Jam. Is that correct?

Next question, do ANY of those games have any benefits with the Jag-Pro when playing 3+ players?

If NBA Jam is anything like the arcade, then it only uses 3 buttons. I could see an argument for having Turbo on either L or R. But will the options let you do that?

As for white men Can't Jump, does it a) use more than 3 buttons, and b) have an argument for putting one of the buttons on the shoulder?

If the answer to all of these is No, then it makes sense the sell one of my 2 Re-Pro Jag-Pros as a single on ebay.

But if any answer is yes, then more questions pop up like, like "is the Jaguar version of NBA Jam significantly better than the Genesis, SNES, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Playstation 1 versions of the similar game?", and " If I find White Men Can't Jump at a Goodwill is both a good enough game and Jag-Pro essential enough, where I need 4 Jag Pro pads, or would 2 standard Jag controllers do for players 3 and 4, and would be worth inviting 2-3 guests to play?"

The only reason I'm remotely curious about Jag-Pro Pads is because I found a copy of Atari Karts for a dollar at a non-charity used media store, who unfortunately went out of business when I first got my 360. Considering my only other game is the pack-in game (I believe it was Cybermorph) I have paltry collection of 2 Jaguar Games. I own more for the Virtual Boy including a US copy of Jack Bros. And the Virtual boy was a thrift store find.

I know Tempest 2000 is the number one exclusive on the Jaguar, and a good enough reason to invest in 1 (or is there a 2 player mode) rotary controllers.

But is Atari Karts alone a good enough reason to buy a second Jag-Pro controller for 2 player games, and if not are there other reasons to own 2 Jag Pro controllers I can look forward to in the future, if I'm lucky to find one at a thrift store or cheap on ebay?

I already have one Atari Brnad Jag pro I picked up for $40 before the price explosion on ebay. The minimum I can buy in this offer is 2. If I take advantage of it, I'll have 3 controllers.

I just want to check my facts on this. Is having a third Jaguar Pro controller kind of like being Blinky the Fish with HIS third eye, or Matt Sydel with HIS third eye? In other words, is there any practical use for a 3rd Jag-Pro controller?

Should I assume there are 3+ player games that use the Team Tap? If I remember right, there are 2 games that use it, White Men Can't Jump and NBA Jam. Is that correct?

Next question, do ANY of those games have any benefits with the Jag-Pro when playing 3+ players?

If NBA Jam is anything like the arcade, then it only uses 3 buttons. I could see an argument for having Turbo on either L or R. But will the options let you do that?

As for white men Can't Jump, does it a) use more than 3 buttons, and b) have an argument for putting one of the buttons on the shoulder?

If the answer to all of these is No, then it makes sense the sell one of my 2 Re-Pro Jag-Pros as a single on ebay.

But if any answer is yes, then more questions pop up like, like "is the Jaguar version of NBA Jam significantly better than the Genesis, SNES, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Playstation 1 versions of the similar game?", and " If I find White Men Can't Jump at a Goodwill is both a good enough game and Jag-Pro essential enough, where I need 4 Jag Pro pads, or would 2 standard Jag controllers do for players 3 and 4, and would be worth inviting 2-3 guests to play?"

The only reason I'm remotely curious about Jag-Pro Pads is because I found a copy of Atari Karts for a dollar at a non-charity used media store, who unfortunately went out of business when I first got my 360. Considering my only other game is the pack-in game (I believe it was Cybermorph) I have paltry collection of 2 Jaguar Games. I own more for the Virtual Boy including a US copy of Jack Bros. And the Virtual boy was a thrift store find.

I know Tempest 2000 is the number one exclusive on the Jaguar, and a good enough reason to invest in 1 (or is there a 2 player mode) rotary controllers.

But is Atari Karts alone a good enough reason to buy a second Jag-Pro controller for 2 player games, and if not are there other reasons to own 2 Jag Pro controllers I can look forward to in the future, if I'm lucky to find one at a thrift store or cheap on ebay?

I'll tell you what, so you don't have to buy 2 of them and be stuck with 3 Pro Controllers, I'll buy the 2 repro set and then trade you one of them for that US Jack Bros. How about that. Problem solved!

Edited by UHATEIT

I'll tell you what, so you don't have to buy 2 of them and be stuck with 3 Pro Controllers, I'll buy the 2 repro set and then trade you one of them for that US Jack Bros. How about that. Problem solved!

I know a lowball trader against me when I hear one. Tell you what, I'll do one of 2 things. I'll either A) buy the 2 JagPros, sell one, hope the price on ebay is more than half the cost of 2, and make a little profit and I keep US jack Bros, or B) wait a few months and hope the repros are cheaper per joystick than a genuine Atari one, and pay less than $60 for a re-pro Jap Pro. But if you buy right away, right away is the time to sell, if you're early enough. Then wait until the Re-Pros are done, then sell again when the Re-Pros are no longer offered, unless the Re-pro maker has enough in stock when the molds are alrready made where the molds aren't destryoed and can just call up a few hundred Jag Pros and have stock and still make a profit.

and I KNOW that the US version of Jack Bros is the Holy Grail of Virtual Boy. I found it at a Village Discount Outlet in the 90s, a local version of Goodwill in Akron. The Virtual Boy itself was $5, so I bought it, then opened up the tape and saw Jack Bros and a few other games and thought :$

Researching the last 30 days on Ebay, Jack Bros US Version loose sold anywhere from $100 complete (a lowbal buy it now. If you had a spare $100 that would have been a good pickup) and typical loose values of $350-450, complete at $600, and factory sealed at over $1000. Unless you're willing to offer more than one Re-PRo Jag Pro, I'd say, find some other sucker. I may be born on a Thursday , but it wasn't LAST Thursday.

That's when you can find finds-and-a-half at thrift stores. Now most of what I see is PS2 sports games. Thank you Macklemore for popularizing goodwill enough where even more people know about the game deals at Goodwill. After I head that song, good game deals at Goodwill are harder and harder to find. I hope enough johnny come latelys give up on thrift stores once Macklemore becomes out of vogue. Thankfully he was mainly singing about deals on clothing, and not a word about vintage video games. ;)

Edited by tripletopper

You actually read all of that?

How'd you figure? ;-)

He does seem to be affected by "wall of text" syndrome + random "derailing train of thoughts" affliction, but I believe he means well.

I still don't get why he needs any more Pro controllers .... it's already hard to find one person that wants to play the Jag (that being the owner), finding two that are actually willing to share a room is even rarer, three+ is like ... never gonna happen. :D

By his own admission he has 2 games (Atari Karts and maybe Cybermorph [unsure if he's unsure he has this one or if it was the pack-in but either way it sounds funny]) .... why even bother, plus it seems he has a plan (sell high-buy low or something like it).

I myself didn't get on the list yet, waiting to see how they turn out, something tells me there will be enough or another run if they are a resounding success (which I hope) ... finally depending on timing I may actually manage to sell my Jag so .... if I end up missing out I'll live, I think.

• Like 2

Yes, but how many games support both 3+ players AND Jag Pro controllers? By the way, I don't have an ST, but I know if I want to play 2 Player Atari Karts, I can with a second Jag Pro. Based on my talk above, unless there's something I don't know, it'd be wiser to keep one of the 2 and sell the other right away as a singleton on Ebay.

I am part collector, part player, part ebayer. probably about equal parts of each. I Iike having games, I like playing games, and like making money on the used game market. I will get what I need to get a good game going. I picked up so many Saturn Controllers for cheap that I can have a complete set of controllers for NHL Hockey, the only 12 player game I know of. (Of course we don't play that, but occassionally, I'm asked to bring Saturn Bomberman for a party.) But sometimes you have to pick and choose the right parts of the collection to keep.

For exmaple at one time I had 4 DK Bongos. Then I realized the only 4 player portion of Bongo games was just a free-jam session. There was no actual game-part in Donkey Konga 1 and 2 4 players. It was kind of a waste to have 4 bongos, so I sold my "extra bongos only with box" on ebay. Then a friend had a wedding. So I made a statement.

I had loose bongos, so I bought DK Jungle Beat in the big box but with no Bongos, for cheap, I separated the Bongo and the rest, and had this card. "One of you is loose bongos, the other is a bongo box with DK Jungle Beat, Individually you only had certain value, but put the 2 of you together, and you are more complete, useful, and valuable than the 2 of you separately combined individually. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Happy Wedding Day." A game collector and ebay hustler would understand the reference.

I'm collecting because I know if I need emergency money, i can buy low at thrift stores and sell high at ebay. If I tried the game but didn't like and/or understand it, like Bust a Groove PS1 I tried it, couldn't get into it, so a game I bought for $1, I sold for $50. I tried it, and didn't like it.

It also helps me stay social with my friends. If I find a valuable game that I don't like but someone else might like, i sell it to them for enough money to make it worth my while, but considerably less than the current going ebay rate. One friend was collecting Saturn RPGs without owning a Saturn, and I didn't know that. I assumed he wasn't interested, so I sold Dragon Force, (not much of an RPG/Strategy fan) which I found for $1 and sold for $150 on Ebay. Then he heard about it and caught me before I sold the other 2, so that's when I first made that deal, and I make similar deals with my other friends, hoping they reciprocate. Since I bought them for a dollar a piece, I sold them to him or $20 a piece. As for the then going ebay price on both, one was $50 the other was $80.

Now I know to bring up my valuable thrift store/media store finds with my friends before selling them on ebay.

And once I get enough bandwidth to do a twitch show, I'l give away some thrift store finds on the Twitch stream. The games I don't want or have doubles of I have posted on gametz.com user name "tripletopper" if you want to get with these before I start my twitch stream. (which may be a while based on my geography.)

P..S. when you're a shut in and have no social life, you tend to blab on posts. I understand most people have jobs and families and friends they can frequently see. But I don't I do most of my socializing via web. I've just got way too much time on my hands. Outside of basic everyday conversations, I have no organic reason to talk to someone that would be innocent.

The wall of text was describing how if I were to buy a pair of Re-Pro Jag-Pros, that I'd keep one and sell the other one singly on Ebay. I was explaining I have only 2 Jaguar games, one of them is Atari Karts, which I bought for $1, and when I read the shoulder button help in Atari Karts, I found a $20 Jag pro controller once I bought it on ebay. Shortly after I bought it, Jag-Pros went up in price drastically. Since all you need is 2 really, since none of the 3+ player games really use the extra buttons, then I'll have an extra one. I'll jut hope re-pro Jag-pros start out high buying, almost as high as a genuine Atari brand, from people who don't know of this Re-pro program. But If I get $60 for it, I'll be happy.