IGNORED

Brand New Atari Jaguar Pro Controllers- For Sale!

Starwander

Pics or website address? If the adapter is available, we could advertise this project in the ColecoVision groups, not only here but on Facebook. Some of them there have thousands of members.

Hell, if that stupid cable adapter Best Electronics sold actually supported 2 fire button action on the 7800 - instead of just the 2600's single button - we could get the 7800 community in on it too. Now that there's a Jaguar-to-5200 Adapter, we can get the 5200 folks in.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/211622-adapting-jaguar-controller-to-use-on-intellivision-for-about-5/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3427418

I only did the code and used someone else's board to make one. Heck a lot easier than the original Jag Adapter that someone started last century: http://www94.pair.com/jsoper/jag_adapter.html

I'd be interested. Keep in mind there are several other systems with keypads built into their controllers and all have woeful controllers... Atari 5200, Colecovision, Intellivision II. Might be smart to expand the horizons a bit and offer version for these consoles as well.

The same adapter works well for Intellivision and I also have a few installed in mine. A few games aren't playable like Vectron because it's really designed for 16 directional controller, no other digital controller offers more than 8. I had considered making 5200 version but it uses analog stick and many games like Missile Command and Kaboom won't play at all so I am looking at different option instead. The 5200 can be made external adapter though because the controller port has both 5v and ground out. Intellivision controller has only ground so you need to get 5v from somewhere inside, and Colecovision is a bit weird. I tried cheating on Colecovision but the 2 alternating 5v line select aren't active long enough for the adapter to work reliably so I had to wire it off internal 5v fixed rail.

edit: forgot to mention on Intellivision adapter, the controller is wired pass through so if I wanted to play games like Vectron, I can just not use Jaguar controller. Can't do the same for CV controller.

Edited by 7800fan
  • Like 1

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/211622-adapting-jaguar-controller-to-use-on-intellivision-for-about-5/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3427418

I only did the code and used someone else's board to make one. Heck a lot easier than the original Jag Adapter that someone started last century: http://www94.pair.com/jsoper/jag_adapter.html

The same adapter works well for Intellivision and I also have a few installed in mine. A few games aren't playable like Vectron because it's really designed for 16 directional controller, no other digital controller offers more than 8. I had considered making 5200 version but it uses analog stick and many games like Missile Command and Kaboom won't play at all so I am looking at different option instead. The 5200 can be made external adapter though because the controller port has both 5v and ground out. Intellivision controller has only ground so you need to get 5v from somewhere inside, and Colecovision is a bit weird. I tried cheating on Colecovision but the 2 alternating 5v line select aren't active long enough for the adapter to work reliably so I had to wire it off internal 5v fixed rail.

edit: forgot to mention on Intellivision adapter, the controller is wired pass through so if I wanted to play games like Vectron, I can just not use Jaguar controller. Can't do the same for CV controller.

Nice. Forgot about that over-complicated adapter.

Well, as for 5200 games that require analog support, then the Jag controllers are out. And that's no big deal. Why wouldn't the serious enthusiast not buy a CX53 Trak-Ball for most of those games, or convert a CX52 to a Paddle Controller?

Then again, if one could swap out the Jag's D-Pad for a modern PS or Xbox analog Thumbstick and get that to work with the 5200, then you'd have analog in the bag.

I just saw the notice on the front page. Glad I didn't miss it since I rarely check the front page (don't check the Jag forums enough either). I just sent an email expressing my interest for a pair. These sound incredible.

I'd also like to echo the sentiment that you guys should absolutely look into also offering revisions for ColecoVision and especially Atari 5200.

I sent an email a few days but never got a reply . Are they replying to emails or no ?

It's checked about twice a week or when time permits but hasn't been updated this week. We're drawing on our deadline very soon, so only a little over a week left. A lot of the questions sent via e-mail have already been answered in this thread and/or are simply requests in a desire to allow it to work on the ColecoVision. Any questions and answers are best left for open discussion in this thread to eliminate time consuming, redundant responses. Should have another update by the end of this week and then a final update at the end of the month.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to express their interest so far, really hoping for a positive outcome!

Time is ticking, if you haven't already expressed interest, please do so before December 31st.

• Like 1

Simply because 1, Ataribrian, and myself, never got responded to (i sent in two emails as i forgot my name in the first one) and 2, its just an interest check, not a preorder where you would expect a confirmation email. Thats all.

I am sorry to hear that. I will make sure Clint has you all down

I sent an email a few days but never got a reply . Are they replying to emails or no ?

Simply because 1, Ataribrian, and myself, never got responded to (i sent in two emails as i forgot my name in the first one) and 2, its just an interest check, not a preorder where you would expect a confirmation email. Thats all.

Yes, just double checked and have you both down for interest.

As long as you've sent an e-mail, you're on the list.

• Like 1