IGNORED

Castlevania III - Beginning (Atari POKEY Cover)

Fragmare

That would be really nice to hear the potential the Pokey can achieve, but I really like the way it sounds now. It just has the POKEY flavor haha!

Have a listen to the title music I did for Bentley Bear Crystal Quest. The bass channel uses distortion 10 puré tones in 16 bit. That's a good example of how it can sound.

That would be really nice to hear the potential the Pokey can achieve, but I really like the way it sounds now. It just has the POKEY flavor haha!

Have a listen to the title music I did for Bentley Bear Crystal Quest. The bass channel uses distortion 10 puré tones in 16 bit. That's a good example of how it can sound.

0:02 - 0:56 = Complete title music...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixA3EajvCWw

:)

• Like 2

Right, all 4 POKEY channels are being used. And, I dunno, I think the TIA could pull off some nice complex sound effects, depending on who is using it and how they're using it. I'm starting to screw around with TIATracker a bit more lately, maybe I'll try recreating some NES sound effects on the TIA and see how they come out. Hell, if I like hoow they turn out, I might go ahead and make a sound effects library for Atari homebrew/indie developers... I'm sure it would be useful for somebody some day

Awesome work, man. Awesome. I don't know about your software, but a lot of the Atari 8-bit enthusiasts are going Dual POKEY route. While most of us 7800 fans are lucky enough to get single POKEY action, some add ons like the XBoard supports Dual POKEY in the 7800. You could totally roast the NES versions - and SMS too - by going that route with 8 music channels and still using the TIA for 2-channel audio SFX.

Regardless, wow, I am totally blown away. It's a good time to be a POKEY fan.

Awesome work, man. Awesome. I don't know about your software, but a lot of the Atari 8-bit enthusiasts are going Dual POKEY route. While most of us 7800 fans are lucky enough to get single POKEY action, some add ons like the XBoard supports Dual POKEY in the 7800. You could totally roast the NES versions - and SMS too - by going that route with 8 music channels and still using the TIA for 2-channel audio SFX.

Or have 4 16-bit audio channels with perfect note accuracy and extended range, regardless of waveform.

• Like 1

Hey, thank you! Glad you think so! :) More Atari chiptunes to come!

• Like 1