IGNORED

The Official Atari Age Secret Santa 2017 Thread

Grig

Got my package today from HoshiChiri! A very nice selection of stuff -- a really well done Pac-Man arcade cabinet ornament, some candy, a weird penny, a new copy of Avengers on Blu-Ray, and a book with the reprinted Swordsquest (original) and Yars Revenge comics! Thanks for all the awesome stuff!

Also despite the awesome packing job that was done, the little joystick on the ornament broke. No biggie -- a little tape to put it back on for now, I'll superglue it later.

Yay, the ornament (mostly) survived! I was really worried about that thing!

• Like 1

Thanks for posting feedback and suggestions! I will take it all into consideration for next year.

I hope everyone is doing okay and has their Secret Santa packages either shipped or ready to ship!

post-30739-0-26241100-1513124688_thumb.jpeg

If anyone needs any help I'm sure this Santa would be willing

post-30739-0-70286700-1513124714_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Package is on it's way if it makes it through the ring of fire-terror. Asked the fed ex guy if he could wet the box down and he kind of laughed so we will see if it survives but I have the Santa tracker.

Good job grigster for running the show.

Thanks.

I hope everyone in that area stays safe.

Received my Secret Santa package yesterday. Thank you so much John! I wanted to wait until Christmas...but I just couldn't! This is some great stuff. I do not own any big box PC games. Well, I guess now I do! Merry Christmas!

PS: The Hershey's bar has already been consumed ;)

post-21417-0-64775600-1513218416_thumb.jpg

post-21417-0-84492400-1513218442_thumb.jpg

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 5

I hope so. If anyone has any problems/issues let me know. I already have one probable package theft issue.

Terrible. It's really becoming an epidemic now. Too much high dollar stuff is ordered online and delivered these days. My wife and I were talking about this earlier, after reading that a young woman from a county close to ours was arrested for stealing packages off porches. They arrested her with several packages and then also found weed in the car. She was like 18.

Terrible. It's really becoming an epidemic now. Too much high dollar stuff is ordered online and delivered these days. My wife and I were talking about this earlier, after reading that a young woman from a county close to ours was arrested for stealing packages off porches. They arrested her with several packages and then also found weed in the car. She was like 18.

Yes it is a major problem. Youtube is awash with people's home security footage hoping to identify the ass clowns who stole their packages. Of course you can always do the "blank box".

• Like 5

Got my Secret Santa gift today! I will wait until Christmas Eve to open the wrapped part.

post-30739-0-52408200-1513644137_thumb.jpg

The candy and peanuts are awesome. Thank you! I can't wait to dig in. i love the peanuts, one of my favorite things to snack on. The multiple M&M's bags are superb.

• Like 5

My Secret Santa present arrived two days ago, and it's absolutely awesome! There is - believe it or not - currently no way in our household to take a decent photo, so I'll have to list what was in there:

- Super Tennis for Sega Master System CIB

- a Commodore 64 4-games cartridge (which will hopefully get playtime when I visit my parents over Christmas)

- a notebook and a T-Shirt, both themed after a retro convention where my Secret Santa apparently was much involved

- a comic book called "Grok & Grok issue 1", very high production value, and according to the afterword, fresh from the press (November 17). Can't wait to sink my teeth into that one. It looks very unique, and I love the style.

- two small badges (pins): one saying I love Retro, and one with an Atari joystick on it. Those will go onto my Laptop bag, to teach that hightech thing in there who's boss.

- Last but not least: two bags of sweets. One bag of jelly, which my son and wife love, and one bag of jelly-liquorice mix, which my son and wife don't like that much. Which is great, because I love liquorice. All mine!

Tack sa mycket, Secret Santa, and God jul och gott nytt ar!

• Like 6

Your Secret Santa is happy that you like your gifts. He was about to include a t-shirt with the same print as the notebook, but the smallest available was several sizes too big for you. Also Grok & Grok is by Vanja Utne, alias Mermaid on the forum, the graphic artist for the recent 2600BC demo.

The candy represents old jelly with the sugared raspberries from 1928, and modern jelly with raspberry/licorice, here in form of Halloween candy manufactured in a country without the tradition of celebrating Halloween...

• Like 5