IGNORED

JagZombies

WAVE 1 GAMES

Your facts are also horse shit. Sadman, what have you contributed to the Jaguar community? What one thing? Can you please share that with me? Are you still working on it over there?

How can facts be horse shit? Again, point out specifically what I said is inaccurate. You didn't have an overlay for Jagzombies made? You didn't come up with box art before a game was done? You didn't order carts for Frogz before obvious bugs were fixed? You didn't admit you don't want to read documentation? Answer each of these specifically telling me how I'm wrong and I will tell you what I've contributed here. Because I can prove each one of my points. Deal?

• Like 6

[...]Your pattern of behavior is very consistent and clear to anyone who's seen more than a few of your posts.

[...]If you want to impress the people here then you need to do the difficult thing and shut up, spend the time you would've spent thinking about/writing these posts instead working on the things people have suggested, and release a bug-free game that's fun to play. You have all these people writing these long posts with great advice that's clear and specific and instead you argue with them, pretend to understand when you have no other option and move on as fast as possible so you can get back to posting another picture and reading another positive reply.

[...]When any of these things are pointed out you get angry and play the victim card. Both your Frogz and Fast Food threads were locked. Don't you think there's a pattern here? To any of this? I don't think you do. You're forever the innocent victim.

IUPuz6.jpg

• Like 7

How can facts be horse shit? Again, point out specifically what I said is inaccurate. You didn't have an overlay for Jagzombies made? You didn't come up with box art before a game was done? You didn't order carts for Frogz before obvious bugs were fixed? You didn't admit you don't want to read documentation? Answer each of these specifically telling me how I'm wrong and I will tell you what I've contributed here. Because I can prove each one of my points. Deal?

Deal

1. I did NOT have an overlay made for the game it was made for me by somebody else and I decided I like the overlay and to roll with it and work my control scheme around it since the work was already done. I never asked for the overlay and the original plan was the game would not have one.

2. I did have carts built and bugs were found after said carts were built, you are correct but failing to mention I have replaced carts from the buyers who wanted updated ROM versions at my own expense. Hense the 100% positive feedback on eBay. Thats right Sadman I sent out replacement carts.

3. Correct I dont care much for reading long pages of text, I like learning things hands on. But I have gotten better at reading documentation lately.

This is FUN. We can keep doing this if you like. Any more questions?

Oh I skipped one of your questions. I apologize.

4. Boxart? Silly man there is NO boxart for JagZombies yet! That IS what this thread is about. And if you mean Frogz, no the final boxart for that game was created just before it was released. There was some conceptual boxart in the works during the games development and I probably showed it off, but more than likely it was for feedback purposes. Just like the barn idea shown here.

Are you going to tell me what one thing you have contributed to the Jaguar scene now or are you distracted by your neo geo collection gathering dust over there? That WAS the deal Sadman

Hey, Jeff.

I only have one thing to say to you, after that, I'm done.

If you hate me and my work so FUCKING MUCH (As is very evident from your snide posts here, on facebook and supporting the people you work with), feel free to delete RAPTOR.O from the rB+ folder and carry on with your shitty, buggy, un-fun games.

See how far you get without that chunk of binary, dude.

• Like 7

Hey, Jeff.

I only have one thing to say to you, after that, I'm done.

If you hate me and my work so FUCKING MUCH (As is very evident from your snide posts here, on facebook and supporting the people you work with), feel free to delete RAPTOR.O from the rB+ folder and carry on with your shitty, buggy, un-fun games.

See how far you get without that chunk of binary, dude.

I dont hate you or your work. But at the same time I will not remain idle while you bash me in all of your posts. The difference here is I'm the only one with the balls to actually stand up to you.

I dont hate you or your work. But at the same time I will not remain idle while you bash me in all of your posts. The difference here is I'm the only one with the balls to actually stand up to you.

Yep, they're dangling under the giant dong on your forehead. My mistake, that's just RAMR.

Stand up to me for what, exactly, dude? Releasing free games? Free binaries? Source code? Tools? Helping you when you started out? ..... Sounds like some fucknuts have 'got in your ear'. It would be stereotypical if *THOSE* were the comments you actually listened to.

Jeff, people here have gone well out of their way to support you - and at every turn you have ignored them, insulted them, ridiculed them, attacked people (and this entire forum) on other sites and facebook.

You have continuously produced buggy shite after buggy shite, SOLD it, then SOLD IT AGAIN with minor fixes, then updated and SOLD IT AGAIN. You have reskinned Frogz for xmas, and IT STILL DOESN'T FUCKING WORK (as shown in a few video reviews) and done the same thing with FF64. You show no signs of changing with this 'game'.

And yet, you are the victim. Every. Single. Time.

Every comment you get, is 100% deserved. Have a good Christmas dude.

• Like 5

Yep, they're dangling under the giant dong on your forehead.

My mistake, that's just RAMR.

Jeff, people here have gone well out of their way to support you - and at every turn you have ignored them, insulted them, ridiculed them, attacked people (and this entire forum) on other sites and facebook.

You have continuously produced buggy shite after buggy shite, SOLD it, then SOLD IT AGAIN with minor fixes, then updated and SOLD IT AGAIN. You have reskinned Frogz for xmas, and IT STILL DOESN'T FUCKING WORK (as shown in a few video reviews) and done the same thing with FF64. You show no signs of changing with this 'game'.

And yet, you are the victim. Every. Single. Time.

Every comment you get, is 100% deserved. Have a good Christmas dude.

I thought you were done? I was kind of hoping you actually were. You see I never mentioned you here, Madman did. And you know what you have been doing in all your posts. Dont try and play like you really tried to help me with my games. Every time I asked a legitimate question you outright refused to help me.

Besides thats not what any of this is about. This is all about me posting a pic and a video of a barn.

I thought you were done? I was kind of hoping you actually were. You see I never mentioned you here, Madman did. And you know what you have been doing in all your posts. Dont try and play like you really tried to help me with my games. Every time I asked a legitimate question you outright refused to help me.

Besides thats not what any of this is about. This is all about me posting a pic and a video of a barn.

And here we were hoping the same of you. Remember that time you posted you were leaving the scene?

I've got better things to do at Christmas than argue with someone who just wants to play the victim and act like an innocent asshole.

• Like 2

People are providing valid complaints and you're coming off as if it's all going in one ear and out the other. If you are really unwilling to listen and would prefer to act like a douchebag, take your work elsewhere and quit wasting our time.

• Like 6

People are providing valid complaints and you're coming off as if it's all going in one ear and out the other. If you are really unwilling to listen and would prefer to act like a douchebag, take your work elsewhere and quit wasting our time.

Actually no. I have been told the barn looks like shit and am still trying to come up with something different. This is called listening to the advice. Aaaaaand I agree it looks bad. I'm not sure what other complaints you mean. This game isnt finished and I am being very receptive to feedback here which is why I posted the pic of the barn in the firsf place as I was on the bench about the whole idea to begin with.

Those fumes madman keeps referring to seem to be making people delusional here. I haven't rejected any of the feedback on this game. I am taking it VERY serious. And I am grateful there are folks in the forum willing to help

• Like 1

Back on topic. We've spoken about this before but I think it's worth reiterating, I think you need an outline design document. Doesn't have to be war an peace.

At this point you're the only one who can say if the scene itself is straying too far from the rest of the body of work as only you, at this time know, or at least should know the overall structure of the work. If you don't then do the thinking before you start on screen.

Either there is a coherent narrative or you have a series of loosely connected scenes where you shoot some zombies. Both are fine if it's the former then you should have an outline story that shows how you go from point A to point B (i.e the urban to rural settings). If it's the latter then you can be as abstract as you want, you could shoot zombies in space.

I personally prefer some linear structure to a game.

As for the quality of this particular scene, you use some nice looking imaginary in some of your work so you must see that this looks shoddy. To me it looks like an early storyboard or something a young child brings home from school. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I agree with Cyrano on this point, that really shouldn't need pointing out. I think you can be hyper real, hyper abstract, cartoony, purposefully shoddy (yes that can sometimes work) but the style should be consistent and in this case you've gone from one beautiful background hyper real background to some kind of fake composite.

Back on topic. We've spoken about this before but I think it's worth reiterating, I think you need an outline design document. Doesn't have to be war an peace.

At this point you're the only one who can say if the scene itself is straying too far from the rest of the body of work as only you, at this time know, or at least should know the overall structure of the work. If you don't then do the thinking before you start on screen.

Either there is a coherent narrative or you have a series of loosely connected scenes where you shoot some zombies. Both are fine if it's the former then you should have an outline story that shows how you go from point A to point B (i.e the urban to rural settings). If it's the latter then you can be as abstract as you want, you could shoot zombies in space.

I personally prefer some linear structure to a game.

As for the quality of this particular scene, you use some nice looking imaginary in some of your work so you must see that this looks shoddy. To me it looks like an early storyboard or something a young child brings home from school. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but I agree with Cyrano on this point, that really shouldn't need pointing out. I think you can be hyper real, hyper abstract, cartoony, purposefully shoddy (yes that can sometimes work) but the style should be consistent and in this case you've gone from one beautiful background hyper real background to some kind of fake composite.

Right. The other backgrounds are more photo realistic and this one is kind of thrown together and it LOOKS like it's thrown together. The trick here if I still want to use this idea will be to make it all look flush and seamless. I know exactly where you are coming from and totally agree. I don't think the tiled ground texture is an issue or even the moving clouds it's specifically the barn. Maybe the plantlife in the background looks too fake too? I know I want a farm scene but at the same time I know it cant be all goofy looking, it still has to match the other levels in terms of style and tone. I'm going to just continue to try stuff until I get the right look and feel. I think I may actually end up just 3d modeling an old creepy barn and get renders from it in 3DS max then convert to a sprite image. I'm still not sure about the trees/plantlife in the background though.

As for the structure of the game yes I'm thinking the urban levels first then it will transition into the more rural areas. I like your idea of setting up the whole game layout but I think it would probably be best if I did this in a sketchbook. Currently there is no layout of any type, it's all in my head.

• Like 1

As for the structure of the game yes I'm thinking the urban levels first then it will transition into the more rural areas. I like your idea of setting up the whole game layout but I think it would probably be best if I did this in a sketchbook. Currently there is no layout of any type, it's all in my head.

Sketchbook will work just fine, definitely retrofit for this game but I'd suggest this is the place to start in future. If you want constructive feedback at this very early stage it's harder to do this if we don't know what the overall vision for the piece is.

Consistent style and tone are extremely important otherwise it'll look haphazard.

• Like 2

This is my personal take and it's not aimed at anyone, i haven't owned a Jaguar in years etc.

I do however love titles like HOTD 1,2 and Overkill, along with Dead Space:Extraction.

When this initially popped up. .It looked very promising.

The image chosen simply looked superb and set the scene very well..A Moscow Alley?.

I hoped to see more locations like this as the game progressed.

People then started making very fair and valid suggestions. ..

Add extra effects, if possible, such as having the zombies reflected in the water..

But the essential feedback was there from the start..

Focus on getting the gameplay spot on.

Accurate firing, tight collision detection etc as issues with these areas could really cripple the players enjoyment.

Don't get carried away trying to write a story etc..

Concerns were also raised about potential copyright issues with images being used and this would understandably limit the number of levels/locations you could use..

Now X number of pages on:

The eerie atmosphere portrayed in the initial reveal of the game, sadly seems lost..

Instead an element of comedy is being thrown in.

So..basically what is the design brief for the game?.

A straight up zombie blaster set in photo realistic and all the more atmospheric for it, location based title ?.

Or:A more comedy based affair? .

It can't really be both without loosing a lot.

I would hope you could go through this thread from the beginning..just take on board the help and advice people have given..your spoilt for choice from people with so much coding and gaming experience under their belts.

Basically ignore the squabble nonsense. .take your time..only show progress when real progress has been made and i dunno maybe swallow a bit of pride and take constructive criticsm on board.

This had and hopefully still has..the prospect of being a great title for Jaguar owners and will scratch that HOTD itch.

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 3

If history is any indication the eggs will fly for a whole horde of other reasons ..... too soon for that ..... gotta keep a positive attitude .... but I agree the credits on the game should mention the source of the gfx ....

...are we there yet?

I want to add my useless voice to the chorus, the initial backdrop was very well chosen, a sign or better a promise of good things to come .... then the name calling started (not that is a new thing anyway) at the same time as the rush to show rough ideas and "the revelation" that there's no rime or reason to the development (barns, tornadoes ....) or even a sort of a sketch jotted down ("it's all in your head" you say .... so does my shrink but I diverge).

Maybe JagZombie would go on to become the Sharknado of the Jag (tornadoes are in as I already noted), I really send you my best wished in that regard ... I just do not believe enough in it ... but given it is Xmas best wishes to everyone.