IGNORED

JagZombies

WAVE 1 GAMES

The way I see it, it's the fact that people are looking at something that could very well be good and that we'd all like to see work, but then we see things like covers and overlays that are really good looking and all, but aren't gameplay. That's the crucial element of a game; gameplay. If a game has bugs in it detracts from the potentially awesome experience of blowing the ever-loving shit of zombies. Which I personally think is pretty damn cool, not gonna lie. But I do believe there was at least a valid point raised of the amount of games currently being produced by yourself. Is each of those having your heart and soul poured into to make that game? Because if you want JagZombies to be that 'killer app' like you initially said in your post, and make no mistake, it could very well be a homebrew masterpiece, but it needs that crucial care and attention. Otherwise the game will be as dead as the zombies you shoot at in it. I want to see this work. I really do Jeffrey, and you know I have no bias. I enjoyed Fast Food 64, no matter what flaws people found with their particular copies. But killer apps don't have that. From personal experience, games (admittedly mine are analogue games, but nevertheless) need that magic touch to be truly something. So maybe use the Christmas break to step back and have a breather, see what the new year brings. Merry Christmas

• Like 2

Right. The other backgrounds are more photo realistic and this one is kind of thrown together and it LOOKS like it's thrown together. The trick here if I still want to use this idea will be to make it all look flush and seamless. I know exactly where you are coming from and totally agree. I don't think the tiled ground texture is an issue or even the moving clouds it's specifically the barn. Maybe the plantlife in the background looks too fake too? I know I want a farm scene but at the same time I know it cant be all goofy looking, it still has to match the other levels in terms of style and tone. I'm going to just continue to try stuff until I get the right look and feel.

I think I may actually end up just 3d modeling an old creepy barn and get renders from it in 3DS max then convert to a sprite image. I'm still not sure about the trees/plantlife in the background though.

So, the barn wasn't modelled and rendered separately from same 3dsmax scene ? In that case it's going to be too much retouching work to get it to blend naturally with the background bitmap as you have to adjust the colors, edges, lighting and it will never be as good as if it was part of the original 3d scene.

Once you spend 15 minutes adjusting it, you might as well rather create the 3d mesh and have a tweakable generic setup that allows you to adjust lighting, shadows, camera (and anything really) from within 3dsmax.

Creating textured barn in 3dsmax shouldn't be more than half an hour, right? Whole scene longer, of course...

Is this 320x240x16 bit ? So, 150 KB per screen? Just wondering how many scenes you can fit under 2MB...

Keep up the awesome work!!!

So, the barn wasn't modelled and rendered separately from same 3dsmax scene ? In that case it's going to be too much retouching work to get it to blend naturally with the background bitmap as you have to adjust the colors, edges, lighting and it will never be as good as if it was part of the original 3d scene.

Once you spend 15 minutes adjusting it, you might as well rather create the 3d mesh and have a tweakable generic setup that allows you to adjust lighting, shadows, camera (and anything really) from within 3dsmax.

Creating textured barn in 3dsmax shouldn't be more than half an hour, right? Whole scene longer, of course...

Is this 320x240x16 bit ? So, 150 KB per screen? Just wondering how many scenes you can fit under 2MB...

Keep up the awesome work!!!

Yeah about that....Im not really even feeling it anymore to be honest with you. I ran into issues with the game when loading the barn level on real hardware. Seems the OP gets overworked with the tornado, barn and zombie scaling. Its very discouraging not to mention the ass hats who have dropped in on the thread to spread their love.

I even made a much better whole new barn scene but I cant show the video because apparently Im an attention whore who just wants a quick buck and I'm not allowed to show anything or ask for feeback because thats all part of some other scheme of mine.

I have tried many times to get the barn scene to work correctly on hardware and have changed many things. The only logical thing to do next is remove the barn scene completely.

Here is the issue with that.

I want the barn scene. I want a tornado. I want flying haystacks, barn debris and flying cows.

When you take all that away what is JagZombies?

A cliche zombie shooter with cliche scenes in typical cliche zombie scenerios. No thank you I dont want that and nobody with a Jaguar needs that.

I dont even like zombies. I never have. I was trying to create something special and new for fans of the Jag. I know there are a lot of zombie fanatics out there and a zombie shooter is something that was only attempted once by Starcat on the Jag and I wanted to deliver something people could really appreciate for the console.

I keep getting shitted on for my games and to be honest its discouraging as fuck. I try to do different things that haven't been seen on the Jag, not low color ST or Amiga style graphics for games that came out in the late 80s or early 90s.

I have started a new project entirley and wont be sharing it here on AA. All I will say is it involves a gecko. Hopefully I will be able to work past all the "newly discovered" bugs in rB+ (you know all those audio clicks)

Im not sure what the future holds for this project. I'm not even sure when I will pick it back up all I know is that for now I dont even want to touch it.

I had an absolute blast making Fast Food 64. It was a reimagining of an old 2600 favorite. Regardless of the ass hats that shit on the game here in AA land that game sold well and people DID enjoy it. I WAS having a blast making JagZombies, but I'm not enjoying it anymore. JagChris said I should put more of myself into my works, but right now after all the UNNECESSARY and UNCALLED FOR BS I have received for this game in this thread any piece of myself that goes into the project will just be bad and bad for the overall vision. And NO its not because its hard. Being a challenge to make is what makes it fun. But with all the mindless sheep following their Demi God and shitting on it hardcore with no toilet paper before its even released what is the point? Seems nobody will appreciate the game anyway so fuck it. That was the whole point, to make a game that people will enjoy for the Jag.

I cant fucking do these AA politics anymore VladR. Its horseshit. At least you are trying to push the Jaguars true 3D capabilities and I encourage you to continue to do so. Hopefully the crowd will be ready to get out of the 8 bit phase upon completion of your project and they will truly appreciate the fact that you are trying something new.

I can go on and on about how ass backwards shit is around here but honestly there is no point. It will never change. As soon as I post this I can bet Madman will immediately follow up with some troll shit because thats what he does, hovers over his keyboard waiting to troll anybody and everbody (not just me) never really contributing shit to the Jaguar. Then Stephen will pop up making some lame remark, then Zerosquare will chime in and say "well you should have did this bla bla bla", then burgerbeef Roger Leroy whatever his name is will jump in and be like "why is he allowed to post? He shouldnt be allowed to post! He posts on JS3 and Jagfans and nobody stops him make him stop" then lame ass Thom who is apparently secretly in love with me will make some off comparison to some film director or tv infomercial actor that nobody gives a shit about, then madman will come back and say "NO MORE COMPARISONS THAT IS ANNOYING" Then that Australian guy will pop up making some snide ass remarks about how he is Jaguar and I owe him everything and he always tried to help (LIES) that bloke and I aren't mates mmkay, then Sauron will pop up and say "this thread has run its course Im going to lock it" then just after that Shamus will pop up and like every single shit comment made when he could be using this time to make VJ as optimal as the Phoenix project is by I dont know heres an idea add plugin support? Heres another idea, add screen capturing. Who cares about ideas anyway? Ideas arent meant for sharing fuck that.

Like Jesus Christ already

Oh I forgot I left out the "oh hes playing the victim card, his games are buggy its all deserved blah blah blah" Not the victim card I dont care anymore and I see through all the bullshit.

Your games are buggy too. Every last one of them has bugs. The console itself has bugs.

Not sure what else is left to say here. I thank the few people that were capable of seeing through the lame politics and BS and supported my projects. Perhaps I can just keep working on my gecko game and pretend its not a Jaguar game at all as to not get affected by all the "fumes"

Oh! Thats it! I just figured out what Madman has contributed to the Jaguar scene. He coined the "fumes" joke. Ha ha ha its so funny not really pretty lame and ran its course but I bet it wont stop ST and Amiga developers from incorporating it into their "unpacking" screens as well as other hatred and nonsense that could be replaced by something useful like lets say I DONT KNOW tips on the level you are about to play, but oh wait thats an idea. Ideas are for idea peddlers. Screw that lets just keep doing the same stuff we have been doing since 2009

Is my rant over? I think so. Proceed with the oh so predictable dogpiling (that sounds so perverted) and bashing

Peace

• Like 1

- Every single sentence of your last post

Yeah avout that....Im not really even feeling it anymore to be honest with you. I ran into issues with the game when loading the barn level on real hardware. Seems the OP gets overworked with the tornado, barn and zombie scaling. Its very discouraging not to mention the ass hats who have dropped in on the thread to spread their love.

I even made a much better whole new barn scene but I cant show the video because apparently Im an attention whore who just wants a quick buck and I'm not allowed to show anything or ask for feeback because thats all part of some other scheme of mine.

I have tried many times to get the barn scene to work correctly on hardware and have changed many things. The only logical thing to do next is remove the barn scene completely.

Here is the issue with that.
I want the barn scene. I want a tornado. I want flying haystacks, barn debris and flying cows.
When you take all that away what is JagZombies?

A cliche zombie shooter with cliche scenes in typical cliche zombie scenerios. No thank you I dont want that and nobody with a Jaguar needs that.

I dont even like zombies. I never have. I was trying to create something special and new for fans of the Jag. I know there are a lot of zombie fanatics out there and a zombie shooter is something that was only attempted once by Starcat on the Jag and I wanted to deliver something people could really appreciate for the console.

I keep getting shitted on for my games and to be honest its discouraging as fuck. I try to do different things that haven't been seen on the Jag, not low color ST or Amiga style graphics for games that came out in the late 80s or early 90s.

I have started a new project entirley and wont be sharing it here on AA. All I will say is it involves a gecko. Hopefully I will be able to work past all the "newly discovered" bugs in rB+ (you know all those audio clicks)

Im not sure what the future holds for this project. I'm not even sure when I will pick it back up all I know is that for now I dont even want to touch it.

I had an absolute blast making Fast Food 64. It was a reimagining of an old 2600 favorite. Regardless of the ass hats that shit on the game here in AA land that game sold well and people DID enjoy it. I WAS having a blast making JagZombies, but I'm not enjoying it anymore. JagChris said I should put more of myself into my works, but right now after all the UNNECESSARY and UNCALLED FOR BS I have received for this game in this thread any piece of myself that goes into the project will just be bad and bad for the overall vision. And NO its not because its hard. Being a challenge to make is what makes it fun. But with all the mindless sheep following their Demi God and shitting on it hardcore with no toilet paper before its even released what is the point? Seems nobody will appreciate the game anyway so fuck it. That was the whole point, to make a game that people will enjoy for the Jag.

I cant fucking do these AA politics anymore VladR. Its horseshit. At least you are trying to push the Jaguars true 3D capabilities and I encourage you to continue to do so. Hopefully the crowd will be ready to get out of the 8 bit phase upon completion of your project and they will truly appreciate the fact that you are trying something new.

I can go on and on about how ass backwards shit is around here but honestly there is no point. It will never change. As soon as I post this I can bet Madman will immediately follow up with some troll shit because thats what he does, hovers over his keyboard waiting to troll anybody and everbody (not just me) never really contributing shit to the Jaguar. Then Stephen will pop up making some lame remark, then Zerosquare will chime in and say "well you should have did this bla bla bla", then burgerbeef Roger Leroy whatever his name is will jump in and be like "why is he allowed to post? He shouldnt be allowed to post! He posts on JS3 and Jagfans and nobody stops him make him stop" then lame ass Thom who is apparently secretly in love with me will make some off comparison to some film director or tv infomercial actor that nobody gives a shit about, then madman will come back and say "NO MORE COMPARISONS THAT IS ANNOYING" Then that Australian guy will pop up making some snide ass remarks about how he is Jaguar and I owe him everything and he always tried to help (LIES) that bloke and I aren't mates mmkay, then Sauron will pop up and say "this thread has run its course Im going to lock it" then just after that Shamus will pop up and like every single shit comment made when he could be using this time to make VJ as optimal as the Phoenix project is by I dont know heres an idea add plugin support? Heres another idea, add screen capturing. Who cares about ideas anyway? Ideas arent meant for sharing fuck that.

Like Jesus Christ already

Oh I forgot I left out the "oh hes playing the victim card, his games are buggy its all deserved blah blah blah" Not the victim card I dont care anymore and I see through all the bullshit.

Your games are buggy too. Every last one of them has bugs. The console itself has bugs.

Not sure what else is left to say here. I thank the few people that were capable of seeing through the lame politics and BS and supported my projects. Perhaps I can just keep working on my gecko game and pretend its not a Jaguar game at all as to not get affected by all the "fumes"

Oh! Thats it! I just figured out what Madman has contributed to the Jaguar scene. He coined the "fumes" joke. Ha ha ha its so funny not really pretty lame and ran its course but I bet it wont stop ST and Amiga developers from incorporating it into their "unpacking" screens as well as other hatred and nonsense that could be replaced by something useful like lets say I DONT KNOW tips on the level you are about to play, but oh wait thats an idea. Ideas are for idea peddlers. Screw that lets just keep doing the same stuff we have been doing since 2009

Is my rant over? I think so. Proceed with the oh so predictable dogpiling (that sounds so perverted) and bashing

Peace

- every single sentence - I wholeheartedly agree with :thumbsup:

- I used to take it personally, just like you :roll:

- but recently I have studied some psychology books and every single cartoon character on this site behaves exactly according to their respective - abnormal (read: largely-though non-exclusively- sociopathic and psychopatic) - disbehavioral patterns

- it's truly hilarious watching them follow their [dis]behavioral patterns, checkbox by checkbox, as if they were stuck on the page describing their primary and secondary character type :lol:

- If anything, their attacks and incoherent drivel serves as an endless source of amazing amusement :rolling:

- the only other feeling they invoke in me is this: I pity them now - it's a bleak existence regardless of their blissful ignorance on the matter |:)

- Every single sentence of your last post

- every single sentence - I wholeheartedly agree with :thumbsup:

- I used to take it personally, just like you :roll:

- but recently I have studied some psychology books and every single cartoon character on this site behaves exactly according to their respective - abnormal (read: largely-though non-exclusively- sociopathic and psychopatic) - disbehavioral patterns

- it's truly hilarious watching them follow their [dis]behavioral patterns, checkbox by checkbox, as if they were stuck on the page describing their primary and secondary character type :lol:

- If anything, their attacks and incoherent drivel serves as an endless source of amazing amusement :rolling:

- the only other feeling they invoke in me is this: I pity them now - it's a bleak existence regardless of their blissful ignorance on the matter |:)

I have just been laying around doing nothing since Xmas. As I mentioned I started the gecko project but I feel better now that I got all that off my chest. :)

If they are both giving you strange results then it could be the samples are wrong.

I know its ideal for everything to be 8 bit signed, but even when I do that almost every MOD file for example I load with the U235 player has some sort of issue. Often its clicking but it can be other issues too such as missing samples from the mod file. Zeroplayer seems to have the same clicking issues with regular sounds and then weird overall slowdown.

With the gecko project I will try and limit the sounds as much as possible and see if that will work out better and everything will be 8 bit signed although I dont understand why unsigned wouldnt work

I have just been laying around doing nothing since Xmas. As I mentioned I started the gecko project but I feel better now that I got all that off my chest. :)

I'm glad I could help. What you feel is not only justifiable, but actually right.

I'm sure you know this very well already, but even if you continued working on jagzombies, you'd still get just the default shitposting, no matter what. There's plenty "justifiable" reasons - water is wet, sky is blue, snow is cold...

Remember, these clowns can't feel good without shitting on somebody. As one of the renowned psychiatrists says : "It's their god-given irrevokable right and F*UCK those who attempt to disagree!" ;)

Reminder - you are creating something from nothing. That's two orders of magnitude more complex than the status-quo omnipresent brainfart shitposting ;)

• Like 1

If you and Jeffery Bones hate AA and its users so much, why do you keep posting here? Nobody's putting a gun to your head.

You'd better reread the "masochism" and "persecution complex" chapters in your psychology book.

Never said I hated AA. And not all of the users here are bad folks. You see Zerosquare there is a thing called constructive criticism and a whole other thing called trolling. You have been around for quite a while so I'm sure you know the difference.

And there you are as predicted. ;)

• Like 1

If you and Jeffery Bones hate AA and its users so much, why do you keep posting here? Nobody's putting a gun to your head.

You'd better reread the "masochism" and "persecution complex" chapters in your psychology book.

Let the games begin :)

Checkbox No 2: "Spin as many verbal games as possible, as non-psychopatic humans find the tactic to either not be worth their time (most of the time),or they really are not good at it, hence you win by default."

You are putting the words I didn't use to my mouth. I don't hate AA/its users. Of course, it would be utterly ridiculous from me to expect truth is in any way important to you !

But thank you for proving the science ;)

Or if you see something you don't like, simply assume the other person is having a lousy day, and refuse to respond.

There would be, like, 3 active threads in jag section then :D

But you know very well, when somebody is having bad day/week. If it's spanning years, then that's not the problem.

Never said I hated AA.

Hmmm?

I cant fucking do these AA politics anymore VladR. Its horseshit

That was only a few hours ago.

You see Zerosquare there is a thing called constructive criticism and a whole other thing called trolling. You have been around for quite a while so I'm sure you know the difference.

Sure. Here's a fictional example of constructive criticism:

I have problems getting X to work in rB+, and I think the documentation isn't clear. Can you help?

And here's a fictional example of trolling:

I'm sick of this game, I'm sick of AA, and rB+ is buggy because I can't get X to work.

• Like 3