IGNORED

Official*Video Game Box Protector* Cross Reference & Info Repository Thread

stupus

I also updated a few things on the first post!

Added protectors that can fit Epyx games for the 2600.

Added a protector that fits BASIC for the Creativision.

Added new sections detailing Supervision and Atari XEGS as well as more stuff that fits various Arcadia clones.

• Like 1

I have next to nothing in box for the TI99/4A other than a few utility type softwares and they are packed away. So I cant verify those games.

If you provide some exact box measurements I can let you know any options. Chances are there is stuff that will fit them.

Sorry for the delayed reply. I had surgery a couple weeks ago and been recovering and busy since :)

Hopes all well with you, no worries about the delay in reply, appreciate any help on these dimensions.

192 x 142 x 40mm

262 x 192 x 24mm

230 x 154 x 30mm

Also need protectors for Romox boxes please.

Thanks stupus the adult games fit great and the tall box intellivision works nicely with the tall Sega 2600 boxes.

8bit romox game boxes fit perfect in the atari 2600 retroprotectors. Also springer and seafox fit. I think fat boy activision should also fit for 8bit titles.

Sega 2600 boxes also fit perfectly in Sega CD box protectors.

Also of note, Atari 8-bit cartridges themselves (if you're not collecting boxes or you don't yet have an associated box), fit perfectly in UltraPro Plastic Storage Boxes, designed for baseball cards/cards in general. The 50-count is the number you're looking for there.

post-47330-0-28721100-1535551877_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Exciting news! Buzz told me today that his XEGS sample arrived and it fits perfectly. I had told him about the VIC-20 being very close in dimensions but I'm not sure if he opted to make these compatible or not. Here are some pics. He plans to place an order through his supplier in the next few weeks and will tell me when they're in stock!

post-47330-0-36242800-1535728080_thumb.jpeg

post-47330-0-96147800-1535728088_thumb.jpeg

post-47330-0-28841000-1535728097_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

That would be great if they can fit both. I want to say I see a hair of extra width and thickness in the pics and I think that's all that is needed to fit both.

I will be excited to try them when they are in and confirm if they will fit Vic 20 or possibly c64. If by any chance he wants me to test them I am happy to do so before he finalizes the order.

Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

Just found this thread, love the info. Always wanted something to fit my Odyssey 2 collection a bit better.

I noticed you needed info for Bounty Bob 5200. I've attached photos of measurements here.

With tab extended it is 11 3/4" long

About 8 11/16" wide

Just a hair shy of 1" thick

Desperately need a protector for this one if you know of anything close at all. Probably something like the size of the old commodore and PC box floppy games.

post-45375-0-68160900-1538533043_thumb.jpg

post-45375-0-40345900-1538533122_thumb.jpg

post-45375-0-04304300-1538533152_thumb.jpg

post-45375-0-77140000-1538533211_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Big news! buzzandbingosmooncircus on eBay officially has the XEGS box protectors available for purchase!!!

They are available in quantities of 5, 10, 25 and 30. 30 is obviously perfect for those of us with complete collections (of the officially released boxed games) like yours truly! I gladly just bought a 30-pack. He's been fantastic to work with in making this become a reality, so let's show him how much we appreciate his efforts by throwing some business his way. You know you want some box protection for your XEGS games, and now you finally can, in a perfect fit!

Here are his offerings:

5-pack

10-pack

25-pack

30-pack

post-47330-0-61200700-1541020037.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nice Job!

I will order a 30 pack and confirm if they fit Vic 20 or any other games!

Thanks again for making these happen! :)

Hey have you had a chance to see if they fit Vic-20 or any other games? Just curious. I took the time to put all 30 of my XEGS games in the protectors last night and they look fantastic!

• Like 1

Hey!

Yes I just got my protectors today from buzzandbingo!

Nice fit for xegs and great news is they also work for vic20 games! At least the ones the size of the Commodore brand releases....but probably more too, spinnaker vic 20 games look the same size too.

They are a snug fit, but still acceptable in my opinion and great to have something finally as an option!

If anyone finds any other uses for them please let us know! :)

post-26050-0-00989500-1542688129_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I recently came across some double enders for the 2600, any chance there is a case to fit those?

Xonox titles? Boxed or loose? Pal or ntsc?

the same here: I have a Xonox title ("Ghost Manor + Spike's peak", PAL, boxed) for which I've never seen a proper protector. Any suggestion, other than putting the box in an envelope with air bubbles?

Still have not found anything that will fit a boxed xonox pal game. They are very tall and I don't know anything that can fit them that isn't very oversized.

You could use probably a clear magazine baggie on them though.

I think it's game gear protectors I use for loose xonox double enders.

I don't know if it really counts as a 'box' protector- but if anyone is looking to cover up loose lynx carts, I reccomend small/Asian/Yugioh sized card sleeves. They're perfectly the right width, you just need to cut off the top quarter to third, depending on the style of the cart. Regardless, the sleeve will cover the contacts & label just fine.

The only trick is, it's really hard to find clear sleeves in the right size. I got black ones, they look pretty darn good. Plus, they're cheap- a few dollars for 60 sleeves means one or two packs is more than enough for most collectors.

20181121 161850

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Do You Know A Box Protector Fit For The Activision Pitfall 2 Box For Colecovision? I Bought The Standard CV Clear Box Protectors and They Fit My Original Coleco CV Games and Some Activision Games,But I Compared The Pitfall 2 Next To The Ones I Have and Pitfall 2 Seems To Be A Bit Bigger

Do You Know A Box Protector Fit For The Activision Pitfall 2 Box For Colecovision? I Bought The Standard CV Clear Box Protectors and They Fit My Original Coleco CV Games and Some Activision Games,But I Compared The Pitfall 2 Next To The Ones I Have and Pitfall 2 Seems To Be A Bit Bigger

They are listed in the first post of the thread.

The protectors for the super Mario bros all stars from retroprotection fit the fat box Activision games.

perfect fit :)

https://retroprotection.com/Super-Mario-All-Stars-Wii-Box-Protector-1-FITS-NTSC-VERSION-180.htm?categoryId=-1

Edited by stupus