IGNORED

Official*Video Game Box Protector* Cross Reference & Info Repository Thread

stupus

Also note the game box protectors for rca currently dont fit all the games. There are 2 versions of the smaller box games and the current ones only fit the smaller ones. I think he has a batch that will fit them all in progress.

Just now, stupus said:

Also note the game box protectors for rca currently dont fit all the games. There are 2 versions of the smaller box games and the current ones only fit the smaller ones. I think he has a batch that will fit them all in progress.

Oh that's good to know. Once this Studio II comes in I was considering a full set since it looked pretty easy (I don't consider bingo part of it, there's been so few found and they've all been from RCA employees.) do you know which ones don't fit?

Almost all of them have 2 production versions and the way they made the early ones makes them not quite fit in the current protectors.

I can tell which you have from pics.

I think speedway and gunfighter only had the versions made that do fit in the current protectors.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stupus said:

Almost all of them have 2 production versions and the way they made the early ones makes them not quite fit in the current protectors.

I can tell which you have from pics.

I think speedway and gunfighter only had the versions made that do fit in the current protectors.

This is the photo featured in the Ebay listing, can't take photos since it hasn't arrived yet.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

Need to add a bunch of console protectors now available.

Arcadia and many clones, apf mp-1000, original small box intellivision, intellivision 3, intv super pro system, tandyvision bandai intellivision, colecovision, telstar gemini, bit 90.

https://hoskinson-industries.myshopify.com/

34 minutes ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

Alright, so I need to get a protector for the Aquarius 4-Color Printer, but obviously no one has or will make a protector for it, so I need some help finding one that does fit.

Length - 12.35 in.

Height - 8 in.

Depth - 5 in.

If anyone could help me find one, that'd be great.

I cant think of any offhand, but there likely is something close. I would message dan at retroprotection.com as he can tell you his closest and he has the most of anybody i know.

I just got a aquarius 4 color printer too but sadly loose.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stupus said:

I cant think of any offhand, but there likely is something close. I would message dan at retroprotection.com as he can tell you his closest and he has the most of anybody i know.

I just got a aquarius 4 color printer too but sadly loose.

Yes, he was suggesting the super mario odyssey switch console protector, which doesn't quite fit due to the height. Was just wondering if anyone knew of a closer fit. Also, whats the serial number on your 4-Color Printer if you don't mind me asking.

Edited by EdgeOfPortal

3 hours ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

Alright, so I need to get a protector for the Aquarius 4-Color Printer, but obviously no one has or will make a protector for it, so I need some help finding one that does fit.

Length - 12.35 in.

Height - 8 in.

Depth - 5 in.

If anyone could help me find one, that'd be great.

@Starwander Do you or the new Mortoff owners happen to have anything matching this or close to it?

1 hour ago, Starwander said:

Let's see what is possible. 

Oh I was just asking if you had anything similar, because I hate to say it, but I don't think there would be enough people interested to justify making a protector just for it (this piece of hardware is incredibly rare). Unless, there's another, more common item that share the measurements of the 4-Color Printer. The length I don't think is exact, but if you think something is possible then I'd love to buy a protector.

Edited by EdgeOfPortal

Yeah, there is what 3-4 boxed ones known? There are alot of things that should probably get a protector first.

Hopefully you can find something close anyway.

I wanted to try and modify some protectors for things that just need 1 dimension changed. But i have not done so yet to see how it would come out.

4 minutes ago, stupus said:

Yeah, there is what 3-4 boxed ones known? There are alot of things that should probably get a protector first.

Hopefully you can find something close anyway.

I wanted to try and modify some protectors for things that just need 1 dimension changed. But i have not done so yet to see how it would come out.

Yep I think that's about right. Topdog had one, mvdsteenoven had one, there's mine, and other than that I can't think of any others. Plus both of those people are inactive and have been for about 2 years. So honestly as much as I want one, I don't think its in your best interest to produce a protector for it. I'd probably be the only person to buy it, unfortunately.