IGNORED

WTB Atari 2600 - shipping to Brazil

TeacherGus

Anyone selling a 2600 console with or without carts for me to start my collection?

I had the pleasure of interviewing David Crane when he came to Brazil on my YT channel, and had him sign a copy of Laser Blast I could find, but I don't have the console as it's crazy expensive here.

The person would need to be able to ship to Brazil, though.

Anyone selling a 2600 console with or without carts for me to start my collection?

I had the pleasure of interviewing David Crane when he came to Brazil on my YT channel, and had him sign a copy of Laser Blast I could find, but I don't have the console as it's crazy expensive here.

The person would need to be able to ship to Brazil, though.

Doesn't Brazil have insane import duties? So if you import a "cheap" 2600, be prepared to pay like 100% import duty. Then it's not much better deal than sourcing a local console. Wasn't Brazil also PAL-M? I'm not even sure if Brazillian Ataris displayed NTSC colors or PAL colors.

Welcome to AtariAge TeacherGus.

As Kosmic Stardust said, you're probably going to pay 100% more with taxes. You also will have to wait up to 5 months to get some of your goods...

And, yes, an American Atari will give you a black and white image if you're TV can't display Ntsc. Fortunately, in general only old CRTs won't work in Ntsc. "New" flat CRTs work with Ntsc as well as our Pal-m.

That said, you still can make a good deal with American Ataris. Brazilians Ataris are indeed expensive and commonly in bad shape.

I've bought a couple of joysticks from mercado livre and never got good ones. If you want to play more than collect, importing your joysticks and paddles is the best solution.

Since I restarted my small "Atari collection", I got two Ataris from Mercado Livre (both in bad conditions).

Personally, I ended importing the Atari 7800, joysticks and adapters. For me, the 7800 had more pros than the nostalgia factor from the Vader Atari 2600.

Edited by LidLikesIntellivision

On import duties: if the product isn't shipped from a proper store - as in, shipped from just any person who's selling from their own collection or such - there are no duties. The duties only get in the way when and if I order anything from Amazon, for example. Even so, the duties have a big chance of falling under a waiver if they cost less than 50 dollars.

I am looking for an Atari with the AV or composite mod.