IGNORED

Any lag while using Retronic Designs adapters?

bigfriendly

Hello,

I'm considering purchasing the Retronic Designs USB adapter so I can use real Atari 2600 joysticks while using Stella. Does anybody have any experience with these adapters? Is the response time just as good as using a real 2600 to play the same game?

Hello,

I'm considering purchasing the Retronic Designs USB adapter so I can use real Atari 2600 joysticks while using Stella. Does anybody have any experience with these adapters? Is the response time just as good as using a real 2600 to play the same game?

Unfortunately, I have not heard of this particular adapter. But I have used the 2600-dapter with Stella and that works great. I have not experienced any delays with it, feels just as responsive as the real 2600 to me.

http://www.2600-daptor.com

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I bought one of these when I first got back into the retro scene last year. I bought it because it was cheaper than the 2600-daptor. I ended up getting 2 2600-daptors. And I love them. I guess you could say I wasn't impressed with the Retronic Designs Adaptor. :)

• Like 1

I bought one of these when I first got back into the retro scene last year. I bought it because it was cheaper than the 2600-daptor. I ended up getting 2 2600-daptors. And I love them. I guess you could say I wasn't impressed with the Retronic Designs Adaptor. :)

What issues were you having? I use the Retronic adapter with an Intellivision controller and they work perfectly. I've used it with all types of games including arcade games and 2600 games and don't notice any difference compared to a standard USB controller. Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

What issues were you having? I use the Retronic adapter with an Intellivision controller and they work perfectly. I've used it with all types of games including arcade games and 2600 games and don't notice any difference compared to a standard USB controller.

I can't really tell you. It just didn't seem to be responsive to my sticks. Plus I figured in the long run that the 2600-daptor had so much more compatibility across the Atari systems I would use it for. I still have it, but I is collecting dust. I know not much help. Just my experience and opinion.

I can't really tell you. It just didn't seem to be responsive to my sticks. Plus I figured in the long run that the 2600-daptor had so much more compatibility across the Atari systems I would use it for. I still have it, but I is collecting dust. I know not much help. Just my experience and opinion.

The 2600-dapter does have the advantage of being able to switch to different types of controllers without changing the firmware.

As far as performance difference, since you have both, it would be easy to do a side-by-side comparison. Lag could come from a number of things but all things being equal the controller performance should be similar.