IGNORED

Sunday Quick Contest: The Blondie Quiz

davidcalgary29

The first person to correctly answer the following question in this thread will win:

"Frogger" for the ColecoVision. I don't have a CV, and can't test it, but it was clearly marked as CV at a local video game store.

THE QUESTION:

What do the following songs by Blondie have in common ?

"The Tide is High" (from "Autoamerican", 1981)

"Denis" (from "Plastic Letters", 1978)

"The Hunter Gets Captured (by the Game)" (from "The Hunter", 1983)

Scooterb23 is right; they're all covers.

Interestingly, a cover by Nydia Rojas of Blondie's cover of John Holt's "The Tide is High" (!) actually hit #1 in Holland... at least that's how one site presents it.

The details for all of the songs are easily found at http://www.blondie.ausbone.net/cover.htm

-Eric

The first person to correctly answer the following question in this thread will win:

"Frogger" for the ColecoVision. I don't have a CV, and can't test it, but it was clearly marked as CV at a local video game store.  

THE QUESTION:

What do the following songs by Blondie have in common ?

"The Tide is High" (from "Autoamerican", 1981)

"Denis" (from "Plastic Letters", 1978)

"The Hunter Gets Captured (by the Game)" (from "The Hunter", 1983)

Let's see...hmm...

They were all made after Blondie went Disco.They're cover tunes. All songs were hits.Of course, Debbie Harry sang on them. Another thing..Denis was a hit when they first started out..which would be 1978 and before. The Tide Is High was a hit when they were at their peak in 1981. I believe the Hunter was the last hit they had..in 1983...when they were closer to breaking up.

Archived