IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Ghosts I finished

RSS Bot

After ten years. I was cleaning my room when I stumbled upon the Nine Inch Nails album "Ghosts I-IV." This led me to think about my Ghosts MIDIs that I made. So I quit cleaning my room and began trying to finish the ones I didn't do. I started with 7 Ghosts I. I tried for an hour but didn't do it. My eye hurt real bad last night, bad enough to go and vomit like I usually do when I have a bad eyeache.

I woke up and tried again to make 7 Ghosts I. What has impeded me before is all the weird noises I can't seem to duplicate in MIDI format. And while the track was only 2 minutes long, it had a bunch. But I only included a few of them because I didn't know how I would put them in a MIDI format. Part of the fun of this is to find and use the notes that they used in the songs. Too bad the thing was released 10 years ago and there's no follow up album. I would love to see a Ghosts V-VIII, but I don't think it will ever happen.

I guess it's my love for instrumental heavy metal music (like Godspeed You! Black Emperor) that compelled me to do this. But anyway, I have finished the first 9 tracks of the thing, Ghosts I. I've made several more before, like the Grammy-nominated IV Ghosts 34, but I have a lot more to do if I want to complete the whole thing. And most of the ones I've avoided I've avoided because they have the weird noises in them.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-14358-ghosts-i-finished/