IGNORED

field service manual

hurt

does anyone know where i might get a copie of the 2600 field service manual. i am really just looking for the schematics to the system it self but the whole manual would be cool in image or pdf or something like that.

thanks and i did find schematics on the site but i am 100% sure they are for a 4 switch wood'ie, and i would like to find schematics for a jr (3 chip). so if anyone knows i am still looking, but thanks for the info.

I have yet to see a field service manual for a Jr or for the 7800. Atari seems to have stopped servicing these units, if they went bad they were replaced. I have the 2600/2600A manual, but you really don't have to be a rocket scientist to fix a Jr. Just run a normal diagnostic and replace chips. The most common failure is that weenie little reset/pause mylar switch.

hrm i was just thinking i was going to do all the schematics myself and get a good copy of them, just by going through the circuit. this would take a long time but it would be very usefull seeing all the atari realted portables and other such projects seem to be getting more well know.

if anyone is interested in mabe helping out with this i am sure i could use some help.

but if someone still has some schematics of the system i would gladly use them.

hrm i was just thinking i was going to do all the schematics myself and get a good copy of them, just by going through the circuit. this would take a long time but it would be very usefull seeing all the atari realted portables and other such projects seem to be getting more well know.

If you end up doing this we'd be glad to put the schematic up here for people to download. Is there not a good copy of the original schematics floating around on the net? I'd be glad to scan them in (and stitch 'em together to form one large image) if someone sent them to me.

..Al

..Al

no i don't belive there are any on the net i have looked and looked and looked, all i have found are the schematics for the atari 4 switch woodie, but like said there was alot of changes in the lay out and design of the atari for the jr. i don't know if the manual talked about above has them or not and i have seen that for sale on site bit it is 40$ and i am canadian so that would be like 80$ for me and i just can't swing that.

but i will get them one way or another and when they are done i will post them for you to grab.