IGNORED

FS: Raspberry Pi 3 RetroPie Box with controller, PSU, 64GB MicroSD, *SOLD!*

eightbit

Everything you need to simply plug it in and enjoy it! Includes the following:

1. Raspberry Pi 3 (latest model, Element14 version)

2. 64GB Samsung EVO microSD card pre-configured with RetroPie, Kodi and more!

3. 5V 3A power supply with power switch

4. Heavy duty 6FT HDMI cable

5. Nyko AirFlow USB controller with extra long USB cable

6. Nice Flirc heatsink case that keeps it cool and looks great. Customized with RetroPie stickers :)

7. Logitech wireless USB keyboard/touchpad combo model K400 (useful for Mame, Kodi, etc)

$175 shipped in the USA. Makes a GREAT Christmas gift! PM if you want it!

***SOLD!!!***

post-21417-0-84286100-1511719788_thumb.jpg

Edited by eightbit

Sorry to beat you up on this but you are in the wrong place lol.

I think most people here don't like emulation. We all prefer the real thing :)

You might also find a buyer on eBay if you go in the lower $100's

Good luck with the sale.

First, you've been a member here for 2 months and have 5 posts, so don't presume to know what the community does or doesn't want. Second, it is extremely poor form to poison someone's sale thread as you did.

• Like 8

Right back at you. I know a lot of retro gamers and can't think of a single one of them that *doesn't* have an emulation device. I was working on one of these last night and it is a massive headache to set up. Well, at least for me. Time is money and this seems like a pretty good buyout opportunity.

btw I bought a modded xbox from this seller years ago and was using that last night too.

• Like 4

I think most people here don't like emulation. We all prefer the real thing :)

You might also find a buyer on eBay if you go in the lower $100's

Good luck with the sale.

Thanks for the "helpful" advice pal. I guess I've been in "the wrong place" for quite some time now then...as the few folks who bought one of these types of devices from me in the past really love them.

This is not for ebay, and not for any buyer. I make these on occasion for AA members exclusively. And, to give you an idea, the parts for this alone ran around $140 in total (it is all new), plus shipping is included. So, I'm making a whopping $20 or so at the end of the day with the added joy of having to package it up and wait on a post office line on my way to work one day out of the week. So no, you will not get what I am offering for "lower $100's".

Edited by eightbit
  • Like 4

Thanks for the "helpful" advice pal. I guess I've been in "the wrong place" for quite some time now then...as the few folks who bought one of these types of devices from me in the past really love them.

This is not for ebay, and not for any buyer. I make these on occasion for AA members exclusively. And, to give you an idea, the parts for this alone ran around $140 in total (it is all new), plus shipping is included. So, I'm making a whopping $20 or so at the end of the day with the added joy of having to package it up and wait on a post office line on my way to work one day out of the week. So no, you will not get what I am offering for "lower $100's".

How would you compare this with the Sigma RetroEngine?

Not very familiar with that one to be honest. Is it using a raspberry pi 3? I noticed a lot of these inexpensive systems are using a Pi Zero as it is cheap (the board is only $5 versus a Pi3 at $35) but the big problem is performance. The Zero is only single core while the Pi 3 is Quad Core. Big difference when trying to emulate stuff like the PS1 and N64. Some N64 games run perfect (like SM64) on my model, and ALL PS1 games run perfect as well as other system disc images like SegaCD, TurboCD... You can pretty much expect to run anything from the beginning of gaming consoles up to the PS1 (and some N64) on mine at full speed with perfect sound.

• Like 1

I have a Pi 3-based RetroPie setup on my desk and I love it. Makes it easy to record arcade gameplay footage for my show, and it emulates everything under the sun. $175 shipped for that set-up, being that it's just ready-to-go without the buyer needing to mess around with setting things up, is a perfectly fine price.

Not very familiar with that one to be honest. Is it using a raspberry pi 3? I noticed a lot of these inexpensive systems are using a Pi Zero as it is cheap (the board is only $5 versus a Pi3 at $35) but the big problem is performance. The Zero is only single core while the Pi 3 is Quad Core. Big difference when trying to emulate stuff like the PS1 and N64. Some N64 games run perfect (like SM64) on my model, and ALL PS1 games run perfect as well as other system disc images like SegaCD, TurboCD... You can pretty much expect to run anything from the beginning of gaming consoles up to the PS1 (and some N64) on mine at full speed with perfect sound.

I think it is running RetrOrangePi.

Seems like you are doing it just to help fellow members which is good.

For the records I have been around for ages. Been in the retro gaming scene forever.

I still own all my original game systems and they have their boxes (thanks Mom). Plus i purchase almost any gaming systems out there.

Good luck with the sale.

Seems like a hell of a deal now that I see his breakdown of what goes into it after that very well thought out post. ;)

Self control is why I wouldn't go for it myself but that's a very nice piece of work and as noted preconfigured and all new parts. A $20 profit isn't crap for the time involved, and at this point of the year how damned annoying taking boxes to any post office is, it's a favor.

If I ever hit a wall where F-IT came to mind and rather just click bait into a game than own stuff, I'd want that kit as everything down to the useful fluff of a keyboard/touchpad are thrown in for ease of navigation.