IGNORED

2017 General Status Thread - includes all pending orders and transactions

opcode

2017 is almost over, so this is a good time to see what is still pending and what lies ahead.

Most of the second half of 2017 was spent preparing for Grazi's move to the US. So we don't have any further games planned this year, although we will announce plans for 2018 soon.

Super Game Module 4th run

- what we have got so far: boxes, manuals, plastic cases, sound chips

- what we still don't have: Connectors and PCBs. Well, actually we should have the connectors tomorrow, assuming Fedex keep their promise. Long story short, the connectors are 2 months late, mainly due to a couple of mistakes on the manufacturer's part (they shipped to the US instead of China, then they shipped to the wrong address in the US). Once I receive the connectors, I will ship them back to the factory in China so they can start manufacturing the PCBs

ETA: Late December/January (please keep an eye on the AtariAge store SGM page for status updates)

SGM 1st/2nd/3rd run: we still have a few pending orders for those runs. Some pre-orders never replied to our address confirmation requests, some did but are waiting, since we got out of modules due to manufacturing issues with the 3rd run. All pending orders will be shipped when we receive the 4th run, as we have enough spares this time

SGM 2nd nameplate replacements: some people in the 2nd run received their SGMs with paper nameplates. We have been contacting and shipping replacement nameplates for those. In case you have a paper nameplate and didn't get an email from Grazi, or haven't confirmed your address yet, please contact us: info [at] opcodegames [dot] com

Boggy 84/Cabbage Patch Kids or any other prototype or limited edition games: now shipping

Penguin Adventure: Still investigating. Hope to have a fix before the end of the year

Buyers of Juno First/Sparkie/Crazy Train prototypes: replacement protos next year

And what about plans for 2018? Mostly get the lineup we had planned for 2017 out in the first half of 2018. But will discuss the details down the road.

I got your e-mail about the replacement nameplate on November 9th, replied promptly the same day with my address, then I got this automated reply:

"Thank you for contacting Opcode Games. We will provide an answer to your question or request within 2 business days."

Nothing since then.

Please, what is/was the nature of the manufacturing issue with the 3rd run SGM? Mine has been repaired by Opcode since I acquired it on eBay so mine now works fine but I'm just curious as to any other defect.

Can current owners of said prototypes get in touch regarding this? As mentioned before some of these may have changed hands and some current owners may not be the original ones.

Regarding Boggy 84, my label arrived somewhat damaged; would it be possible to get a replacement label for my cart?

Edited by rodge2001

I got your e-mail about the replacement nameplate on November 9th, replied promptly the same day with my address, then I got this automated reply:

"Thank you for contacting Opcode Games. We will provide an answer to your question or request within 2 business days."

Nothing since then.

We are in process of shipping nameplates. If you provide your address, you should be good.

What about more copies of Bosconian?

Next year.

Donkey Kong?

And what about plans for 2018? Mostly get the lineup we had planned for 2017 out in the first half of 2018

Please, what is/was the nature of the manufacturing issue with the 3rd run SGM? Mine has been repaired by Opcode since I acquired it on eBay so mine now works fine but I'm just curious as to any other defect.

Can current owners of said prototypes get in touch regarding this? As mentioned before some of these may have changed hands and some current owners may not be the original ones.

Regarding Boggy 84, my label arrived somewhat damaged; would it be possible to get a replacement label for my cart?

A lot of sound chips arrived DOA in the 3rd run. Since we didn't use a socket in that run (not a good idea in retrospect), we didn't have enough modules to fulfill all orders. All modules were tested before shipping though.

How did the label get damaged inside the plastic box? Please contact Grazi and let her know.

My copy of Penguin Adventure unfortunately encounters the same reset glitch. As far as I know my ColecoVision is not modded in any way other than having my 3rd run SGM inserted. I do have a working secondary "back-up" ColecoVision that I will try to test cart on to see if same thing happens. I can provide my console(s) serial number(s) if that helps pinpoint which consoles are suspect.

Just to let people know (and I'm NOT 100% sure) but I believe that Ed's wife (Grazi) just got to the states last weekend.

So I'm sure they are busy getting her settled in (and Ed is trying to convince her that the Boston weather now (cloudy / snowy / freezing) will 'soon' be like Brazil's (sunny / tropical / warm) :-D - yeah good luck with that! (Grazi - what is this snow stuff and 5 feet deep!!!!)

Trust us Grazi it will get better! Wait a guy is saying this... never mind. ;)

Anyway Coleco stuff can waIt a few days...

Jeff

• 1 month later...

My main ColecoVision is on the fritz so I've been using my back-up ColecoVision lately and sure enough Penguin Adventure works fine on my back-up console which I guess is now my primary console. I don't think either of them have been modded but I wouldn't know for certain without opening them. The only difference I notice between them is the power switch motion on one console is "smooth" and relative easy to push and move compared to the other console's power switch which is "sturdy" and takes a bit more force to move it back and forth. Not sure if that's just a case of wear and tear or an indication that they are different variants of some sort.